Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Wasted
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:36:00 pm »
Turned up to clean a new house today. Took me ages as it was absolutely filthy. Next door neighbour wanders over to look at my van (nosey git I thought) and says "are you doing mine next?" I asked if he had booked with me " oh yes I'm number sixty"Bollo**S I had just cleaned the wrong house! No number-I went by the wheely bin number - turned out it was wrong. >:(

Bobs Window Cleaning

Re: Wasted
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:38:39 pm »
Think of yerself as a good samaritan and thats your good deed done for the week ;D

bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:50:06 pm »
Turned up to clean a new house today. Took me ages as it was absolutely filthy. Next door neighbour wanders over to look at my van (nosey git I thought) and says "are you doing mine next?" I asked if he had booked with me " oh yes I'm number sixty"Bollo**S I had just cleaned the wrong house! No number-I went by the wheely bin number - turned out it was wrong. >:(

Imagine coming home and finding your windows spotless like that - they must believe they did something right in a past life!
It's a game of three halves!

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:51:35 pm »
I bet they never even notice

Bazzy1999

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:01 pm »
Your not alone ive done it before...  ::)

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:55:23 pm »
I can honestly say I have NEVER cleaned the wrong house and  further more I hope I never do

Cleaner Windows

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 10:06:48 pm »
i cleaned the wrong house twice in the past year  ::) what a fool!!
when I'm cleaning windows

Pat Purcell

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 10:17:07 pm »
Leave them a note saying you apologise for the intrusion and had washed the windows of their house by mistake instead of their neighbours
And ask them if they would like you to continue the service for x amount as they can all ready see the quality of service you provide
Its worth a shot ;D
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

JM123

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 10:57:53 pm »
I done it twice in the same day, same road and guess what, got paid for both and both are now regulars!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

craig jwc

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2007, 07:27:42 am »
Leave them a note saying you apologise for the intrusion and had washed the windows of their house by mistake instead of their neighbours
And ask them if they would like you to continue the service for x amount as they can all ready see the quality of service you provide
Its worth a shot ;D

I've done this and got a new customer ;D

groundhog

« Reply #10 on: March 20, 2007, 07:45:22 am »
I have done this 3 times now! usually when I have a long row of houses to do all next to each other and I get a bit carried away!! :o 2 of these houses are now customers, so not so bad after all! ;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: March 20, 2007, 08:25:59 am »
I did this once when I was meant to only be doing the upstairs flat.  I did the downstairs too.  It was two flats that looked like one house.

rugby

« Reply #12 on: March 20, 2007, 04:23:42 pm »
must have done this at least 5 times,and every time i say i wont flameing make that mistake again,bet i do though

Davew

« Reply #13 on: March 20, 2007, 05:44:35 pm »
Dropped a card in and explained but no call yet. :-\

Tosh

« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2007, 05:50:43 pm »
Your not alone ive done it before...  ::)

Snap!

I once cleaned the wrong property three times in a row; every month.

The lady that asked me to quote seemed so nice, I was sure she would cough up end; even though I left an envelope after each clean.

Unfortunately I cleaned the wrong house each time and after the third time I received a phone call from some bloke who explained that he lived mostly in France; hence the delay in contacting me; and he didn't know who I was, or why I was cleaning his windows.

I honestly could've thumped him; 'cos I didn't/don't exactly believe him!