This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brett walker

Pole wearing away
« on: March 19, 2007, 09:09:37 pm »
Hi everyone :)

i have found with my pole that it is wearing away, i first thought it was the clamps but after ordering new bolts and looking at it closer its definately wearing away. :'(
So my question is

Does anyone know of any laquer or paint i can buy to put on the pole to build it up, is this possible?

Its hard to find a decent pole if its not the clamps,  pole wearing or snapping or just too heavy and they are not cheap to buy either  >:(

thankyou

Brett

Chris Cottrell

Re: Pole wearing away
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 09:16:22 pm »
building the pole up with laquer will do no good whatsoever , what yopu need to do is cut the worn section off and rebuild the pole I do this everytime my poles wear down the only thing you loose is a couple of inches off the overall length of the pole

Chris

Davew

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 09:23:35 pm »
Brett how old is your pole? I can't believe how fast mine is wearing out.

brett walker

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 09:31:30 pm »
Chris,

the pole is worn all the way down on the first 2 sections will only clamp on the very bottom part where its not worn away maybe its time to lay it to rest :'(

Davew

my pole is only a year old they dont last long at all  :o

regards

Brett

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 09:33:41 pm »
Brett

In that case mate ITS DEAD bury it  ;D

Chris

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 09:36:03 pm »
Hey Chris.

You aint far from me. Im in the Loddon area. Any chance I could  pop over and see your wfp in action before im let loose with mine?

Bob
Why oh Why did he spell my name as bod & not bob on my wedding invites.

brett walker

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 09:36:21 pm »
Brett

In that case mate ITS DEAD bury it  ;D

Chris

>:( :( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :(

brett :'(.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 09:39:12 pm »
you wanna see my pole in action .... ....oer..... um  :) ::)

Yeah no probs give us a call when you got time to visit were out most days around here somewhere

Chris

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 09:44:43 pm »
Thanks Chris. How will I contact you?

bob

cybersye

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 09:48:02 pm »
Its just a thought but i remember my ex boss used to cut a slither of plastic from the inside of the clamp if you get me, so that it was possible to tighten the clamp further, maybe worth a go before you scrap it, and anyhow i'm sure you could chop it down and make yourself a short reach pole for ground floor work rather than just wasting it.

Chris Cottrell

Bobs Window Cleaning

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 09:52:11 pm »
Thanks Chris.

Off to grimsby on sat to pick up my freedom trolley. Hopefully you can show me some tips.

bob

ok cleaning

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 10:16:55 pm »
i bet it is an ionic pole  you talking abouth

JM123

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 10:35:42 pm »
Hi Brett, I spray the poles with halfords clear lacquer, usually get another month to 3 months after that, then I spray them again!  I've got a 2year old extender pole most would have thrown out at least a year ago.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

craig jwc

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 11:13:39 pm »
My 18 foot Extender only last just over a year befor it wore away so much it snapped.

My 24 foot i've had for about 6 months is wearing away quite well with the use it gets.

Varitech repaired the stops on it a few weeks ago and use a Silicone spray which i think has PTFE in it.

Craig

groundhog

« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2007, 12:15:45 am »
As I  have said on another thread my brodex predator lasted about 4 months before snapping in half, brodex said they would fix it but I would have to pay for it! >:( unbelievable in my opinion! if they had offered to fix it free of charge or replace it I would have been well impressed and would be placing an order for a 25 and a 45 foot pole from them, as well as singing their praises on the forum. But instead they have a very unhappy ex customer who will never purchase anything from them again!!!!!!

clean team

« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2007, 09:58:55 am »
my mate is a spray painter i cut the first few inch of the top of the poles where they where the most then took them to him where he gave them a coat of lacker.the first coat only fills the cracks.so use it for a day till it runs smooth again then take it back for a second coat. its like new now.if you go to any spray painter they should do it for pritty cheap if you can leave it with them for the day

Filllllll

« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2007, 11:08:31 am »
PC.7 multi purpose epoxy paste.
spread it on thinly around the pole and smooth down with file and glass paper.will add extra couple of mm to thickness of pole and should be quite durable.just apply to the length of pole that is worn(usually the ends?)

www.pcepoxy.com.   get a small tube.

Davew

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2007, 05:47:55 pm »
Five weeks and mines looking pretty sorry for itself!

brett walker

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2007, 06:40:04 pm »
Thanks guys

ive come to the conclusion there is no decent pole, so ive just had another pole from Ionics i know its only going to last me a year but the main thing is its light.  With most of my work being 3rd storey its ideal

regards

Brett