This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_G

wfp not working correctly
« on: March 19, 2007, 04:34:12 pm »
Any ideas please.

The water coming out of the brush is not a lot more than a trickle. The pump is a shurflo 100 psi, I do use 100 ft microbore but it is no better when I connect brush directly to pump. I have tried another pump and that makes no difference either. The pump is connected to a leisure battery which is apparently charged according to the light on the battery, I have changed the hoses in the van and still no better. I s there a blindingly obvious mistake I have overlooked? Any suggestions welcome

pylofm

Re: wfp not working correctly
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2007, 04:35:55 pm »
I once had a blockage in the y connectors to the brush this produced a very low trickle from the brush....give that a go first ;D

Cheers
Dave.

clean team

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2007, 04:41:46 pm »
just cause there is a light on the battery dose not mean that it is fully charged.mine will just drop all of a sudden then it to is just a trickle. might as well give it a bit more charge :)

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2007, 04:41:58 pm »
I will try that, thanks. But I use 2 brushes and one has a new y piece so not sure that will help.

Mike_G

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2007, 04:43:42 pm »
I will connect directly to van battery tomorrow, just to see if that helps I hope it does.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2007, 04:49:45 pm »
Any ideas please.

The water coming out of the brush is not a lot more than a trickle. The pump is a shurflo 100 psi, I do use 100 ft microbore but it is no better when I connect brush directly to pump. I have tried another pump and that makes no difference either. The pump is connected to a leisure battery which is apparently charged according to the light on the battery, I have changed the hoses in the van and still no better. I s there a blindingly obvious mistake I have overlooked? Any suggestions welcome

Depending what sort of system you have, check that the hose through which the water is drawn from the tank is not clogged up at the tank end.  There is often a guaze type fitting over the end and that may get blocked sometimes.
Another possibility:  Is air allowed to get into the tank (probably via a vented lid)?  You need some air to get in to displace water used.

Mike_G

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2007, 05:12:58 pm »
Hose from tank is new. I normally unscrew the lid a bit when in use altough there is vent at top of tank, this does help but not enough.

Davew

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2007, 06:01:37 pm »
Are you running with a Varistreem?

Mike_G

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 06:07:53 pm »
No varistream

DODA

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2007, 06:10:56 pm »
I,ve had this problem with my trolley system i thought the pump was knackered so i disconnected the hose running from the pump to the hose reel and left the pump running and sucked the water through and it,s been great ever since.....

drew86

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2007, 06:35:44 pm »
I had same problem after my tank had run empty, I disconected the hose at the point where it joins the hose reel and bled the system its been ok ever since, I also have a variastream.
Drew.
It was this big.

Mike_G

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 06:42:49 pm »
Silly question time, but how exactly do you bleed the system?

mark f

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 08:35:34 pm »
mike have you used your hose connectors before?? I set my system up and had the same problem and after much problem solving by elimination we realised the so called hoselock style connectors were not opening properly so we had them changed to some different ones which now work fine. some of the connectors are of slightly different length and didnt open right.

Mike_G

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 08:51:46 pm »
Have swapped a couple of them over but will get new ones if i cannot sort it. Cheers