This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brett walker

Brodex poles
« on: March 18, 2007, 04:03:04 pm »
Hi everyone

just looking at Brodex Ecolite poles, does anyone use any of their poles, what are they like - clamps etc

thanks in advance  :)

Brett

H h20

Re: Brodex poles
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 04:10:56 pm »
Hi Brett,
iv`e got a 25ft carbon ecolite and it`s great very rigid and light,
the clamps are good but can easily lever open if caught but on the whole a great pole,
Gaz  ;)

brett walker

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 04:16:49 pm »
Cheers Gaz :)

i did like the look of them at the show, how much did yours cost?

regards

Brett

H h20

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 04:19:59 pm »
I went to Brodex and barterd with them as i only wanted the pole with no hose or brush so i got it for £230 inc vat,  :D
Gaz

brett walker

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 04:22:52 pm »
cheers gaz  ;)

brett

Pdh

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 05:30:46 pm »
broke mine 45ft c/fibre

billozz

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 06:21:25 pm »
we purchased 2 of the 12ft prerdator poles they are very good clamps have plenty of adjustment so they take a while before you have to adjust the locking nut, the sill brush is also very good , first time we have used one and its great because you can wash a window thats directly in front of you without having to step to one side(if you see what i mean) only problem we have had is thatthe plastic gooseneck they supply fits into a metal tube ...the gooseneck is glued into the tube....well one of ours came out after about 3 weeks...when i phoned brodex they suggested i shoould buy some glue and glue it back in, i said i would prefer a new pole as i had only had it for a few weeks....i havent heard anything else this was about 3 weeks ago now. so in summary a good brush and pole but not so hot on the customer service
regrds
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

eddie d

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 06:40:05 pm »
you get what you pay for .
the girth is quite big compared to other brands .my mate has broke his twice .but they are good for the money .

trevor perry

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 07:05:09 pm »
i have had their 36ft carbon fibre one for 15month and it has snapped twice both times with no apparent reason so my 36ft is down to about a 32ft pole till i buy 2 new sections but i havnt asked for aprice for them yet .
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

groundhog

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 10:41:52 pm »
My predator pole snapped in half a couple of weeks ago, only had it a few Months! managed to fix it but it is now 18 inches shorter. I then got a 'courtesy' call from brodex to check how I was getting on with my pole. I told them that it had broke in half and that the clamps had come away from the pole, ' sorry to hear that' was the reply, followed by a sales pitch to try and sell me another pole! No thankyou!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >:(

jouk45

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 10:44:17 pm »
what?   tell them to replace it, surly its under garantee

JM123

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2007, 12:54:51 am »
eh?  you guys lifting bags of cement on the end of the pole?  I've never came close to breaking one.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Jim Roe

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2007, 07:10:35 am »
One of mine disintergrated after a year of light use. I wouldn't touch another Brodex pole for all the tea in China.

groundhog

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2007, 03:19:15 pm »
Its the first pole I have ever broken, apparently they are only guarranteed for 3 Months. They have offered to repair it, but I would have to pay for the repair!!  >:( Not impressed, and I will take my money elsewhere in the future. It is there loss as I need a 25 and a 45 footer. Can anyone recommend a good lightweight pole?

Pdh

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2007, 03:35:46 pm »
i agree customer care no good from brodex told me my erco lite came with a three month warrenty but they could repair it for 100 or so quid so i shortened the section and repaired it only for another section to go a few weeks later.so now my 45 is about a 40.i still get calls from them but i just try to knock them down on prices and get them to keep ringing me back cos i cant quite make my mind up..... on certain things i require tried getting a predator pole of them but they wouldnt budge on the price so i think they have lost my custom for the time being goin to try a facelift , also when i did purchase the ergo lite i thought i was getting a commercial goose neck i didnt when i rang them they told me i didnt ask for one but they would be willing to send me another plastic neck to attach to the existing one about 700 quid i spent with them i dont think they do themselves any favours especially when we all confur on here. on a good point i still have a 35ft g/fibre whiuch is still just in use after 2 years this came with a heavy trident head which i dont use and wouldnt recommend to anyone far to bulky and heavy.

Paul Edwards

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 03:43:35 pm »
just to clear things up ergo lite is an ionic pole. The Brodex (heavy, bendy, fragile) pole is called eco lite
**aka Ionic Systems**

trevor perry

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 03:54:09 pm »
i rang them for the price of the new aluminium pole they are about to release it is lighter than the predator and seems really strong they qouted me £319 plus v.a.t i think that price even makes ionics look cheap.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Paul Edwards

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 03:55:49 pm »
what length of pole was that trevor?
**aka Ionic Systems**

trevor perry

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 04:01:08 pm »
 paul it  was a 25ft pole

john_linden

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2007, 05:46:15 pm »
Oh no.

Not you again.

Didn't you get permanently banned from here for being a liar and a general pain in the bum?

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=1441.0

Please go away again, this forum is a nice place without you.