Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

A Shears

Have I over priced this job?
« on: March 16, 2007, 07:46:11 pm »
Went and quoted a house with a conservatory on, I gave them two prices ten windows 7.50. For the conservatory 4.50, it is not a big conservatory six double panels 12 pound all in. she was fine with that, then I said would you like the conservatory roof doing? She said how much I said 10.00 every four months yes that’s fine, I said thank you see you in a week. That’s when I do that area. Two hours later mobile rings it’s the other half says can we put the job on hold for now, I said fine wait to here from you. Left it at that, not going to hold my breath over it. Do you think I have over charged them, the windows frames were painted and all the paint was coming off, was not impressed anyway, all my job are wfp. Comments please

Mike_G

Re: Have I over priced this job?
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 07:58:08 pm »
I guess it depends which area you are working in. Some will say overpriced but some will say underpriced and a couple will say spot on. For me, a little bit high for the windows, the roof sounds ok. Ten windows with wfp and what sounds like a very small conservatory and roof for £22 cash.

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 08:08:56 pm »
Where are you Shears, sounds too cheap to me.

House would be £10

Con min £5

Roof £20-£30

Macc

A Shears

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 08:32:15 pm »
North Yorkshire, Not to far from  selby  ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 08:37:16 pm »
Sounds fine to me.
There's plenty of work out there at those prices.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 08:42:59 pm »
Went and quoted a house with a conservatory on, I gave them two prices ten windows 7.50. For the conservatory 4.50, it is not a big conservatory six double panels 12 pound all in. she was fine with that, then I said would you like the conservatory roof doing? She said how much I said 10.00 every four months yes that’s fine, I said thank you see you in a week. That’s when I do that area. Two hours later mobile rings it’s the other half says can we put the job on hold for now, I said fine wait to here from you. Left it at that, not going to hold my breath over it. Do you think I have over charged them, the windows frames were painted and all the paint was coming off, was not impressed anyway, all my job are wfp. Comments please

It sounds a fair bit too cheap to me.  Mind you, you're in N. Yorks and I'm in the southeast so that may account for much of that.  Without the conservatory roof I think it sounds like around about £15 - £18 to me but not so easy to tell without pics.

A Shears

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 09:08:23 pm »
I dont think I will go back for any pics do you? thanks any way shiner

Andy

A Shears

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 09:11:45 pm »
Macc,
it was only the other night that cons were more than the house am i right with that?

Andy

Llaaww

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 09:13:22 pm »
sound like a good price to me. try next door they will have your arm off. people seem to be funny buggers when it comes to money, some can spend it and others can't.
if it is dirty it is fair game

A Shears

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 09:55:10 pm »
I thought it was the con roof that that killed the job

Andy

JM123

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2007, 12:04:26 am »
sounds a fair price to me mate - and I'm based in Ballymena, Northern Ireland - this is where the 50p piece comes from as shopkeepers had to use a spanner to prize it out of the customers hand.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

marcus hopkins

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2007, 01:20:41 am »
sounds good to me mate. Iwould not be looking at any less than that myself.

Marcus (norfolk)

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2007, 03:16:10 pm »
Macc,
it was only the other night that cons were more than the house am i right with that?

Andy

Do you mean one off cleans, they are good money, a one off clean to me is min of £50.

But if they are 4 or 8 weeks with the house i charge £5-£10 depending.

Macc

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2007, 03:40:35 pm »
Underpriced - especially the roof!
It's a game of three halves!

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2007, 06:46:21 pm »
Sounds fair to me, but if the windows are peeling paint then I think that they are probably cheapskates.  Maybe the husband used the line of I'll clean the windows myself.  If they leave it a few months before they come back stick the price up a little bit.

Simon

SHINING EXAMPLE

« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2007, 06:52:06 pm »
Don't care where you are, £15 minimum for the smallest con. roof.

Peter.

« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2007, 08:48:35 pm »
I priced a job two weeks ago, all the windows, 2 doors and conservatory for £15, she wasn’t happy and told me she would only be willing to pay 10 to 12 and she only wished them cleaned by appointment, about every 2 months and I had to ring first, she would then decide, if they needed cleaning..

I have very little work as I am still building a round, but I walked away from this one. I had in my opinion given her my lowest price.

I feel that your price is a fair one; some people would have you work for almost nothing and still have something to moan about.

Peter.

simbo

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 09:51:18 am »
in 12 months you would just walk away so beter to have this atitude from the start. you win some you lose some , but most important is win at good price or walk away never sell yourself short
simbo

LSB

« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 04:23:51 pm »
i would say its a bit under priced ,
if a house has a conservatory then i price for the whole lot , not one price with and one without !
as for doing the roof , i avoid them like the plague as they are a pain in the ? , however if they ask definately dont underprice them !!