This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

texas girl

Do You like this business?
« on: March 15, 2007, 11:09:27 pm »
A lot of us have been in this business a long time. Some are just beginning.

What I want to know is; "Do you like the window cleaning business"? :o

Myself, I still love it! ;D  I manage 90% now, but I enjoy what I do. :D

What about all you guys? Are you glad you went this route?

I have no regrets :-*

Texas Girl
Debbie

Paul Coleman

Re: Do You like this business?
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2007, 11:20:56 pm »
A lot of us have been in this business a long time. Some are just beginning.

What I want to know is; "Do you like the window cleaning business"? :o

Myself, I still love it! ;D  I manage 90% now, but I enjoy what I do. :D

What about all you guys? Are you glad you went this route?

I have no regrets :-*

Texas Girl

Absolutely.  It's given me time freedom that I would never have had.

mark dew

« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2007, 11:24:44 pm »
Yeah i agree with shiner. Fresh air, free time and all the bills paid with enough leftover for me.
The quality of my life has never been better.

rugby

« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 01:10:19 am »
in good weather its a good job,hard work but you cant beat being your own boss,but im thinking of jacking it in simply because in the uk we have such god awful weather,winter in the uk is longer than summer,3-4 months of great weather if we are lucky.personaly im sick of the rain and think its time for a change. wish i lived i texas 8)

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2007, 07:34:21 am »
Despite me being very much a newbie within the industry...I like this business for so many reasons....I feel I can control my future...I am currently building my round at the present but I am also keeping an eye on the next 5 years as to where and what I want to achieve....

Money to live is one thing but having 'spare' money to enjoy life is another ... 6 months in this industry and the thousands of posts on this forum have given me an eye on the future .....I picked up 2 new customers on my own yesterday speaking Dutch which for me is a milestone and my confidence has gone up a notch.

I have a long way to go but I can see a future that suits me.

Cheers
Dave.

C Senor

« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2007, 02:08:22 pm »
I agree with Rugby, i started last year and have been going for about 9 months - personally i am sick of the poor weather also. We're all due a bit more snow apparently as well.

I love the freedom and i thoroughly enjoy the work while i'm out there but i started window cleaning as a means to an end. I wanted to pay my bills while i got qualified for an IT job, i've got my qualifications now so i'll be looking to leave the WC industry some time this year.

Hope i won't regret it - window cleaning has great potential if you stick to it !

I'll be looking to sell my round sometime, so if anyone is interested in some work for sale let me know (i'm based in Wasall in the midlands)

carlburns@blueyonder.co.uk

matt

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 02:10:50 pm »
its a good job

its hard work to make good money, but hey, thats fair :)

its very a job that can at times be VERY boring :(

aztec

« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2007, 02:57:33 pm »
I LOVE THIS PROFFESION AND AM PASSIONATE ABOUT IT!!

rhys11

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2007, 03:51:09 pm »
in good weather its a good job,hard work but you cant beat being your own boss,but im thinking of jacking it in simply because in the uk we have such god awful weather,winter in the uk is longer than summer,3-4 months of great weather if we are lucky.personaly im sick of the rain and think its time for a change. wish i lived i texas 8)

sorry to here that rugby

if your going to sell your round let us know
rhysaharries@hotmail.com    :)
rhys

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2007, 04:02:20 pm »
I enjoy it rain or shine.  One thing that is important to me though is a good relationship with the customers, if I don't have that then I don't enjoy the job.

Simon

pylofm

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2007, 05:34:39 pm »
Prior to settling back in Europe 18 months ago I had lived and worked in Africa and Asia for 6 years...I have to admit that I love the seasons and the rain is just a part of it all...I make sure I buy good quality gear for the relevent seasons...

Its a great business and one where you can have an element of control in how and for whom you work....yes I know that in the big scheme of things saying your a window cleaner will not get you much respect in most circles but we are the people who have so much more....than the communters...

Ok it's a bit boring...but hey I have audio books/music/education mp3's on my music player....I always have my camera with me...and I use my day to try and find that special snap.

With all the advice on this forum...it is nice to hear the moans/advice etc.....it's nice to hear that others have/are experiancing the same as 'me'...I would not have had such a good 6 months had it not been for this forum and all the help info/stories and plain sillyness.... ;D

Window cleaning is a great way to pay my bills...

And just for the books the Dutch tax office have today sent me 2971 euros (about 2k sterling) as in the 1st year of business ( last year they deemed me not to have earned enough  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers
Dave.

S_RICHARDSON

« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2007, 05:39:39 pm »
Definatley, apart form the tremendous pay paket at the end of the month I find it an enjoyable job to have and exiting too. !!

Shaun R. ;D

Grafters Cleaning Services

« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2007, 10:48:16 pm »
luv it ;)
JAY "GRAFTERS"
From Southampton
www.high-shine.co.uk

Tosh

« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2007, 10:57:58 pm »
Sometimes I think it's the worst job in the world; normally when it's chucking down with rain, day-after-day, and we've bills that's got to be paid.

At other times, when we've been making money, far more than the bills; the weather is fine; it's the best job in the world.

I guess you've got to take the rough with the smooth!

Davew

« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2007, 11:12:48 pm »
You think cleaning windows is boring? Try working in a factory packing on an assembly line.

Tosh

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 11:14:32 pm »
You think cleaning windows is boring? Try working in a factory packing on an assembly line.

Or humping sacks of letters for Royal Mail.

captain lard

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 11:28:59 pm »

I began in this business last year but have struggled badly over the winter because of the weather and because at the moment I am doing a full time degree course, my timetable from September to mid December was bad as I had to be in for lectures Monday to Thursday usually around lunchtime which wrecked the day.I had hoped that lecture time might have been condensed into a couple of days as it has turned out for February to May. My efforts to WC were really hampered and when I did have time to work it just seemed to be either chucking down or very very windy.
I am going to try to push on through the summer and try and develop it all more but I am already worrying about the winter because of the university timetable and the weather issue.
I lost only one customer and I think I could really extend the business especially if I did some advertising / canvassing and got to grips with pricing this year but I found I couldnt cope with both the weather and a university timetable impacting my efforts this winter, the weather being just cold was not a problem because that did not bother me. I might be trying to juggle the impossible to be fair but you can but try.

tacky

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 10:08:35 pm »
hi all worked in pits   steelworks  building sites   chicken factory   wish i had started win washing when i left school   thn is is my 13 yr thank u lord    but more dry days please

JM123

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 10:23:40 pm »
captain lard  -what degree course are you doing and where?
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 10:41:23 pm »
I love this job , I have been at it 2 years nearly and honestly its better ney a lot better than humping 44ton up and down the UK for a pittance for 15 hrs a day
I find it hard sometimes to accept that in 5/6 hrs i have earnt more than i used to earn in a 15hr day

Chris