Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Central Window Cleaners

Yet another window cleaner undercutting others prices
« on: March 14, 2007, 05:00:14 pm »
I have been passed a flyer yet again by a loyal customer from Clear View of Nuneaton. They are dropping leaflets through doors under cutting everyone elses prices by a few pounds.

Why do they do it, there is plenty of work out there for everyone at prices worth working for.

ronaldo

Re: Yet another window cleaner undercutting others prices
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 05:17:51 pm »
Because they are Tw#TS  >:(
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Dean Aspects

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 05:19:29 pm »
its really fustrating when otherw/c's try under cutting like you say there is plenty of work for everyone

Helen

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 05:23:32 pm »
what do the leaflets say then? That they will beat any price? that sort of thing? Or is it just a case of is their pricing structure is lower than others. Don't worry too much as if you do a good job and have loyal customers you won't lose out :)

jakeandmia

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 05:25:11 pm »
Hi Tony

do you know who they are?,or is it someone starting up?.Ive seen loads of dodgy looking cleaners over the last year.most of them newbies.

Wayne

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 06:00:48 pm »
Scan a leaflet for us to see, maybe we can phone him with some work. ;D

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 06:12:22 pm »
It happens in every line of business.
It's not very nice, but he's perfectly entitled to do so.

I wouldn't do it myself, but most companies try to beat the competitors prices, don't they?

gaza

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 06:28:08 pm »
NOT TO THE POINT THEY CARNT MAKE A LIVING without social it better than nat mi.work out how many u do an hr multiply that by 40  makes say £400 /£500 min
at three terraced at £3.50 each, still better than nat min sorry to say , Ive had it before and lost a lot of work but they only lasted 2 months.
got rid of them the few Ive  taken back on Ive read the riot act to them now Im right every time no the customer is always right.

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 06:48:41 pm »
Jakeandmia, they are a company called Clrear View window cleaning services from Bottrill Street, not seen they yet but will be looking. They use only mobile numbers and a hotmail account for there email.

I have attached a pic of the flyer.

pjulk

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 07:40:10 pm »
Maybe he does not know what the other window cleaners charge and thinks his price's are good.
If this is the case he is not undercutting those are the price's he charges.

Im sure if he knew he could get more he would up his prices.

Paul

Londoner

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 08:01:26 pm »
Its all too easy to get annoyed but these people never last, believe me I have been around a long time. I've seen them come and I've seen them go.

The only trouble is the leaflets are getting better and it gives them an air of respectability.

brightnclean

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 08:10:15 pm »
What have they done wrong?

All I can see is that they are offering to do a job at a certain price. Thats business. No-one gives us sole rights to areas. We have to earn our reputations and price reasonably for our services.

How many posts do we see here about where can I get the cheapest this or that bit of kit?

Posts boasting about high earnings although they may be true dont help either. I know of at least 4 other Wc'ers who are members here but dont post and thats just me. The leaflet says a fiver. Say 4 houses an hr and thats £20.  I know many people who would be more than happy to earn that or even half of it.

KJG

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 08:37:45 pm »
Its all too easy to get annoyed but these people never last, believe me I have been around a long time. I've seen them come and I've seen them go.

The trouble is most of these lost punters won't go back to you to save face.

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 09:00:26 pm »
I know and most of the customers are good customers and always pay on time but like someone else said above we all look for something cheaper even if it is not always better.

I do not claim to own any patch and work along side a number of window cleaners across Nuneaton and all surrounding areas and work with a couple to try to keep our prices at a good rate so we all gain a good living.

I refuse to under cut any local window cleaner,  when I canvass I prefer to door knock and if they say they have a window cleaner I walk away.  If they tell me they have an unreliable window cleaner I will more than happily quote then but always stick to my normal prices.

Llaaww

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 09:42:40 pm »
easy come easy go.
if it is dirty it is fair game

jouk45

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2007, 10:13:29 pm »
ah, thats better, got a bit of a sore neck there  ;D

cybersye

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2007, 10:41:47 pm »
What have they done wrong?

All I can see is that they are offering to do a job at a certain price. Thats business. No-one gives us sole rights to areas. We have to earn our reputations and price reasonably for our services.

How many posts do we see here about where can I get the cheapest this or that bit of kit?

Posts boasting about high earnings although they may be true dont help either. I know of at least 4 other Wc'ers who are members here but dont post and thats just me. The leaflet says a fiver. Say 4 houses an hr and thats £20.  I know many people who would be more than happy to earn that or even half of it.

well said

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 09:55:19 am »
I cant see a prob with whats been done , they may not have intent to undercut other w/cs , they might just be cheap , that said , if they knew your price and did it on purpose then thats a bad show .

I remember when i first started out , ladders only , i was up at a window working away and a car pulled up , more ladders on the roof than you could shake a stick at , then a team of 4 got out and did leaflet drop right in front of me !
I had 17 of the 22 houses in the street and i did not lose a single one to them .

If you do a good job then dont worry , after all if they do get your work its obvious that they will put prices up to same as you within a year anyway , then you will probably get them back again , if you want them that is .

Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

billozz

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2007, 04:31:06 pm »
central,
i am not far from you i am in yardley in birmingham, is there another company in birmingham that goes under the same name as you
regards
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 04:57:46 pm »
Hi Bill,
there was a guy in worcester sometime ago, I bought the website URL from him but we are the only one registered at Company house. I have also seen a company in Scotland with the same name and there is a window fitting company in Birmingham with a very similar name.
Can I as why?