This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

Re: Yet another window cleaner undercutting others prices
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2007, 09:41:42 am »
central,
the reason i ask is we quoted on some work for beth johnson....used to be sanctuary housing and it seems that someone called central windows...or summat like that got the job...just wondered if it was you
regards
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

Central Window Cleaners

« Reply #21 on: March 17, 2007, 09:57:24 am »
Hi Bill,
no not us not picked up any work like that lately. Where abouts in Birmingham are you?

billozz

« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2007, 11:01:00 am »
we work in the sutton coldfield area mainly , but do a few jobs elsewhere in the city

polarvision

« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2007, 11:19:12 am »
hi i,ve just started work using a reach and wash system in the burnley area how do igo about getting on any kind of contract list./ john - polarvision 07800593421
all singing and dancing window cleaner

robbie14000

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2007, 11:58:00 am »
Hi guys I had one of my pubs pull me the other week showing me a flyer from a company called Clearview (yorkshire based) saying they would do the pub in/out , clean the gutters out once per year, powerwash their drains once per year for £22.00 per clean.
I charge them £45.00 for in/out manager told them to sling their hook as they were happy.
But I did lose one last year to the same sort of thing.
The manager of the pub pulled me 3 months later asking me to go back as the company was crap and had raised the price twice in three months.
I never go back to any that drop our services we do quality,on time work and work on trust so soon as they abuse that they are gone.
Thanks Robbie - Clearshine

« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2007, 03:29:32 pm »
I love it when my customers warn me about cheaper WCs on the hunt.

When i dont loose 1 i know my customers must be well happy with me.

I've had them £5 less, still with me.

Macc

Londoner

« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 08:17:46 am »
The trouble is its all too easy to pitch for work by undercutting. When it happens we get upset because we see somebody trying to poach our work. But the bigger problem is that for everybody the cake just got smaller.

This new outfit will get work, and plenty of it probably. That work has to come from somewhere.
Even if he doesn't take it off you he will take it off somebody. That somebody will look elsewhere for new customers and so it goes round and round.

I have said before in other posts, there are a lot of new outfits entering the business because they see an opportunity. The job situation is getting worse and people with a bit of get up and go are looking for ways to feed their family. Thats how most of us got into it.

gary evans

« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 09:37:59 am »
Bill

We do Beth Johnson work, was this contract advertised or has it just been re-newed with existing contractor, but, now managed by BJ. We have another h/a that we,ve heard through the grape vine may go, they are apparently taking over a lot of other h/a,s.

The work we do is priced really low 25p to 30p a window max, so it may have been won on price. ( A low one)

We,ve just priced up another one low to see what feed back, but i dont think we got it they are so low some of them. I went to price a primary school up last year & the company were charging £25.00 real value £75.00 to £100.00.

Gary

billozz

« Reply #28 on: March 18, 2007, 01:58:36 pm »
gary,
 thanks for the reply sanctuary housing have recently taken over beth johnson as i am sure you know, this was a sanctuary job, not sure if it was advertised but we get tenders sent to us as we are their contractors list. they seem to work at a ridiculously low price though, we know that the residents were not happy with the contractor doing the windows ( we had a chat with one or two of them that we happen to know personally) and the h/a have gone for some one even cheaper now, we priced it at what we thought was a fair price and we got beat. This is the second time we have quoted for the same job and we cut our prices significantly to try and get the work and we missed out again. i dont think i would want the work at any lower than we quoted so not sure we will even try again when its renewed in 2yrs time.
i assume you have people working for you gary,  we do not yet so any jobs we price for are priced in order to pay ous wages etc i am sure it would be posibble to go lower if we ahd employees on a rate a bit less than what we want to earn.
catch 22 isnt it you want the work so that you can take someonme on but you cant gat it because you are pricing for your own rate
what area do you work in btw as £25 for any school round here is very low also, we do a few and you are talking a lot higher than that
regards
BIll