This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

drakestar!

sacked coz wfp!
« on: March 14, 2007, 03:56:18 pm »
ive got a nice long road which ive had for 6years, 8 out of 10 houses i clean. converted them all 2 wfp, now 6months in & no probs but last month i lose 1 who says shes into conserving water then yesterday over the road shes  sends her hubby out 2 say the same! ive told them in a polite way im into conserving my life & keeping to the law so wont be getting up any ladders anymore just worrying coz i dont want to lose anymore! and before u ask there spotless!

pjulk

Re: sacked coz wfp!
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 04:10:07 pm »
Maybe it was just an excuse and wanted to stop there window cleaning anyway.

Plenty more customers around the corner.

paul

drakestar!

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 04:12:29 pm »
nope they have replaced me already with trad wcs

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 04:22:00 pm »
Some people just dont like wfp. One day they may have the choice of wfp or nothing but at the moment they can choose traditional and as they pay the bill that's fine by me.

drakestar!

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 04:24:54 pm »
true but whats the point of getting wfp unless you use it? if i get the ladder out ill just be making a rod for my back

Pj

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 04:33:10 pm »
I think it's rare, but you only need one in a small road badmouthing wfp sometimes they all join in.  same happened to me.  I don't care. ;D

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 04:40:59 pm »
In a few months time they will have clean windows with dirty frames or even worse dirty windows and frames as the new trad window cleaner might have packed in.  Then show your existing customers the benefits that wfp offers ie the nice shiny frames.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 04:52:10 pm »
It's going to happen. Don't fret about it.

I'm not kidding myself that I'm going to keep all my accounts when I change over.
I'll just have more time to find some better work. ;)

If I was paying someone, I'd rather see a guy work his ass off trad than pay someone to do some sweeping. :-\

Mike_G

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 04:57:20 pm »
I got wfp to do windows that I could not access from ladders, or indeed ones that I considered too dangerous to ladder, that way I could offer a more complete service to my customers and not have to miss any windows.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 05:26:09 pm »
Could you not tell them you purify water from your "Rain water recycling system" because of you concern for water wastage? Lol!!
After all,.. what comes out of the tap technically did start off as rain at some point in the past!

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 06:37:53 pm »
I had the same, so I told them I draw the water from the well at the bottom of my garden, and I have to pay the £1,500 for an extraction license, she was pleased with this and kept me on.

I omitted to tell her I also have pixies at the bottom of my garden as well ;D ;D :)

drakestar!

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 08:05:52 pm »
jeff i like your style i will next time

KJG

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 08:30:44 pm »
Wasting water? What a load of old cobblers. There isn't a single drop less today than there was four and a half billion years ago. I hope you mixed up her recycling bins on the way out.

macmac

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 03:31:42 pm »
anyone changing over to wfp should read this post to help them make a more realistic decission, this will happen, why would the customer want their walls/sills left dripping or her decking/patio left wet through etc, etc. when she could have them done trad without any of this oh, & her windows be left dry too.
Too many people on this forum only blart on about the benefits of wfp, but there are many down-sides too.
Any potential wfp converter should never assume its the be all & end all of window cleaning, its not.
I'm wfp + trad (before the barrage of abuse begins) :o

tony

Paul Coleman

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 05:17:28 pm »
I had about a 5% turnaround in my customer base in the first few months of WFP (some of it my choice).  There were also some grumbles after first cleans though they are fine now I've been using it a while.  No-one used the water conservation argument with me though - even though there was a drought order covering part of my round and a hosepipe ban over all of it.

TonyMarti

« Reply #15 on: March 16, 2007, 10:30:57 pm »
I lost a customer after I cleaned her top windows with my wfp-she said all the  windows were streaky-couldn't get a word in edgeways as I was trying to tell her I needed to go go back for a 2nd clean-turned out she'd cleaned the outside with windowleen earlier on (tilt & turn windows)-still when they've made up their minds!-not worth arguing over a fiver.

Regards  Tony
Servicing the Kingdom of Fife

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2007, 10:40:03 pm »
ive lost 7 out of 300 customers but out of the 50 or so gained since wfp not lost any of them.

If they dont moan about wfp they would of moaned about something else

Colin_Glenn

« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2007, 12:14:22 am »
In June it will be 3 years since I moved over to WFP. In that time I have lost 2 customers because of WFP.

Started upstairs with a trolley, now that they are all happy with WFP I have a van and do the whole house.,

When I moved over I informed everyone with a letter and promised to return to re-do any windows that dried poorly. No-one has ever called me back.  New jobs are told the same and if they look a bit unsure I always give a knock a couple of days after doing the job to ask if they are happy.

I LOVE WFP!!!
Transparent Weather Exclusion Systems Technician.

JM123

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2007, 12:22:53 am »
how daft are some people? - wants to save water!! Its a joke, over 70% of earth is covered in the stuff!!
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Scrimble

« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2007, 02:58:58 am »
wfp is a joke, any tom dick or harry can brush a window with a water stick brush so i aint suprised that you've been sacked