This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Count Phil

Pro 10 cost, seen it.
« on: March 13, 2007, 10:12:34 pm »
15 grand. +vat. +900 for each pole. Can't do frames unless you add brisstle attatchment to the hoover head thing. If you do it leaves 20 % of the water behind, so wet windows.

The hosereel is one of those massive ones you see in trailers sometimes, the huge black stuff on a reel five feet in diametre, you know the stuff. So you need a huge van even though the machine is only normal size. It can go in a normal transit or even doblo, but needs a trailer for the reel. You still need the normal hose too, so pain in the butt.

It looks swish, the vacuum created smashes the water (hot) into the window and cleans it, so just rubber blades with the water jets in between and the suction hole. The water goes through the pole (captured water). The machine is two 300 litre tanks. The retrieved water is cleaner than tap water still (the bigger bits are captured before it goes back in the tank. That water is re-filtered. 300 litres will last one month I was told.

Also, it's not switched on, and the rep said it makes a racket.

It will cost around 20k in total + bigger van, plus it can't do frames.

What a waste of my time.

supernova77

Re: Pro 10 cost, seen it.
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 10:15:33 pm »
The thing is... Lots of people with more money than sense will rush to buy it, and then 2 months later the Pro 11 will come out - which surprise surprise is better than the Pro 10 because it can clean the frames!

Thats how it always works  >:(

Andy

poleman

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 10:17:00 pm »
300 litres will last one month
  :o :o

Count Phil

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 10:18:01 pm »
Would people spend that money to clean windows? It was the hose that put me off most, like you were going to pump out flood water. I spent ages arguing with the rep, he got sick of me. Its such a joke. Although for big glasss walls it would be lightining quick.

Count Phil

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 10:19:45 pm »
It just keeps recycling the water. Once you put it in, it just pumps it into the clean tank. It doesn't use much, you're not scrubbing and rinsing, your just moving a hover oaround. Not a drop wasted. It has two tanks you see.

EasyClean

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2007, 10:41:30 pm »
How practical would this Ionics 10 machine be on large properties/commercial work and run of the mill houses??? What diameter approximately are we talking on the black hose? Would it be okay to use on sash windows with georgian panes that are very old or would it cause damage to the windows? Last question, if Ionics was offering one in a competition and you were the lucky winner would you use it yourself or sell it to someone else?
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

JM123

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 01:17:18 am »
sell it - its an overpriced hoover.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

pjulk

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 03:08:50 pm »
Its probably just a glorified carpet cleaning truckmount with a few adjustments so it can be used for windows.

I won't be getting one i would never get the money back spending that sort of money on a WFP system.

And my customers are now converted to wet windows sod converting them back to dry windows.

Paul

trevor perry

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 03:17:20 pm »
i would feel robbed if i found one , i bet to replace the filters etc costs a fortune although ionics have been market leaders in the past i think this time they have dropped a clanger but i could be wrong only time will tell.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

andy east sussex

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 04:51:39 pm »
if anyone does buy one let us know asap

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 05:24:06 pm »
Thanks P bowen- a very good description and write up, that's what we pay you for!

Now then, assuming it was very convenient not to have it switched on etc, did they have a demo DVD?

They must have internet at the show ask them to post us or give us a link. Are their any plans for a domestic version?

Keep up the good work. Cheers ;D

Count Phil

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 06:43:14 pm »
No demo, just a video. Impossible to use on domestics. 2 hoses. one of them massive thick black stuff, you'll just crush flowers etc. Its rubbish. In the video it was really slow and the rep kept insiting it was faster. He also kept saying that 15k wasn't much, but I just don't believe him. I came back appreciating my diy efforts more than ever before.

brett walker

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 06:44:02 pm »
Andy and myself had a good chat with Craig- Ionics but im afraid its not for me but i think they are making a portable version which may be more of use for some.  I would be interested to seeif anyone has bought one yet and what its like

regards

Brett.

rhys11

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2007, 12:53:47 am »
15 grand. +vat. +900 for each pole. Can't do frames unless you add brisstle attatchment to the hoover head thing. If you do it leaves 20 % of the water behind, so wet windows.

The hosereel is one of those massive ones you see in trailers sometimes, the huge black stuff on a reel five feet in diametre, you know the stuff. So you need a huge van even though the machine is only normal size. It can go in a normal transit or even doblo, but needs a trailer for the reel. You still need the normal hose too, so pain in the butt.

It looks swish, the vacuum created smashes the water (hot) into the window and cleans it, so just rubber blades with the water jets in between and the suction hole. The water goes through the pole (captured water). The machine is two 300 litre tanks. The retrieved water is cleaner than tap water still (the bigger bits are captured before it goes back in the tank. That water is re-filtered. 300 litres will last one month I was told.

Also, it's not switched on, and the rep said it makes a racket.

It will cost around 20k in total + bigger van, plus it can't do frames.

What a waste of my time.

well said dude 
rhys

rhys11

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2007, 12:56:24 am »
sell it - its an overpriced hoover.

lol thats right.
rhys

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2007, 03:51:47 pm »
Just think nearly ten years ago every one said wfp wont work!

rgds
stu

james44

« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2007, 04:15:35 pm »
And my customers are now converted to wet windows sod converting them back to dry windows.

;D

Paul Coleman

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2007, 04:44:32 pm »
I'm sure there are some jobs where it will be a very useful tool but I don't have the type of work where it might be suitable anyway.
When the rep told me the price, I starting asking him which type of poles you got with it.  I genuinely was not taking the p.  I was surprised when he told me the poles were extra.  I know Ionics can be expensive but it did take me by surprise.  I just hope the rep didn't think I was taking the mick because I really wasn't.

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2007, 06:20:07 pm »
Is anyone going to post some pictures ?

pure_genius

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2007, 10:44:42 am »
Craig says the portable version will be around £3K including the pole, sounds ideal for insides of car showrooms and jobs like that. I think that the big un was for jobs like the NEC and airports!