Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

Advertising in local Parish Mags
« on: March 13, 2007, 08:43:52 pm »
This June will be my 10th year as a WC, in all those years I have not had to advertise once for business, but since Jan 07 when I changed to wfp, I have speeded up and find myself now running out of work  ;D Now I don't mind the odd one or two days off, but no way do I want more than two weeks of in every six. :o

All my work is in villages close to me,  I read on here some months back, about advertising in the local parish magazines, so last week I made some Inquiries, tonight the guy who runs one of the local magazines phoned me back, and told me it costs £40 for half a page for 1 years advertising.

This has to be a cheap way of advertising as it gets delivered to every house hold in the village and every shop, (already got all the shops) 12 times a year? and all in the areas I already work.

Does anyone else use this form of advertising and if so what has been your return %.

Thanks in advance Guy's

Chris Cottrell

Re: Advertising in local Parish Mags
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 08:51:06 pm »
I do it's done me proud £50 for the year and so far this year has brought me over £400 worth of work and its only on month 2

Chris

simbag

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 08:53:05 pm »
I advertise in 2, one is better than the other, but one is also a bit more expensive. You can't really go wrong, you only need to get 1 job at £4 and it paid for itself! OK, thats a bit of an exageration, but you can see where I'm coming from.  ;D

Like you say, it goes to every house in the village, and if you have a decent advert that stands out well, then who needs flyers?!!

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:04:57 pm »
The communities that have Parish mags are often the ones which support local business, especially if you live in the circulation area as well.

we have in the past and always picked up work from it.

Worth a pop @ £40  ;)
Sarah

Bazzy1999

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:10:19 pm »
My local one cost me £175 per year for half a page but it has got me 75% of my work....
Im happy..  ;D

Bazz...

pjulk

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 12:22:37 am »
Our parish mag costs me £31 a month for a small box ad.
I usually pick up about £100 worth of work a month out of it.
Have had it running for the last 2 years but now just cancelled it as i don't need any more work.

Paul

Roy Harding

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 08:13:09 am »
I have a add in 2 in local village news mags, this costs £5 per month.

This has been a fantastic way of picking up local work, I have picked up many thousands of work, also doing the village shop helps.

Roy

jeff1

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 06:11:04 pm »
Thanks Guy's, it certainly looks like a good way to advertise, and after all your replies, Today I popped to one of the villages and handed over my £40.

I missed this months, but it will all start next month.

The idea I like is it is in the area were I have a lot of work already.

I do get work from doing the shops but I need to get the word out to a lot more people. Thanks Guy's

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 09:18:48 pm »
Sounds good - I think I will try this in one of "my" villages.

Do you "do" your own artwork or do you go for a glorified line advert?
It's a game of three halves!

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 09:38:33 pm »
Sounds good - I think I will try this in one of "my" villages.

Do you "do" your own artwork or do you go for a glorified line advert?
Malc if you read the posts a lot of the guy's get half a page for there money I  know I do.

I had art work I did on MS publisher with a wfp picture on it for my flyers.

I emailed it to him Yesterday and haven't Heard  its no good yet, One thing he did tell me is it has to be black and white, so I changed all my text to black and asked if it was ok to include the colour picture and he confirmed it would be fine but would be in the mag as a black and white picture, I can live with that.

I  suppose were looking at A6 size for half a page, roughly the size of a post card.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 09:45:56 pm »
All i done was give them my Business card and all they do is scan it and resize it to fit the size you pay for and most village mags are black and white so any colour will come out black and white..

Bazz...

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 10:14:02 pm »
Best profit pro-rata for any kind of advertising

mark dew

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2007, 07:29:32 pm »
Yep, £10 a year and picked up around 1k worth of work in the 3 years.
The best tenner i've spent in business.
Use a landline number as well, country people can be fickle buggers.

mark