This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

billozz

connections popping off
« on: March 13, 2007, 06:08:46 pm »
hi guys,
im sure you will have had this happen. the hoselock connectors constantly pop off the hosereel, i am sure its down to the pressure we use 100psi flojet pump . does anyone have a solution, its adding lots of time to our day walking to and ffro to put them back on
many thanks
Bill
there are more windows than window cleaners so lets help each other

john tomkins

Re: connections popping off
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 07:38:09 pm »
Same problem for me was the male hoselock fitting from the hosereel worn, as soon as the hosereel spun the connector popped off >:(
Try changing the female first though you may be lucky

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 08:15:04 pm »
I use to have trouble with the hozelock connectors popping off when the pressure built up,i changed all the hozelock connectors over to the brass ones,dont have no trouble at all now,bit more pricey but well worth the money. Hope this helps.
Malcolm

Jack Avery

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 09:15:12 pm »
Hello Bill

I had exactly the same problem with my 60 PSI Flojet. Undo to the cover (small philips screw) between electrical connections small philips screw unscrew this reduces the pressure, I unscrewed mine almost a full turn problem solved.

kind regards

Jack

billozz

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 09:54:26 pm »
Hello Bill

I had exactly the same problem with my 60 PSI Flojet. Undo to the cover (small philips screw) between electrical connections small philips screw unscrew this reduces the pressure, I unscrewed mine almost a full turn problem solved.

kind regards

Jack

thanks jack i will try that

I use to have trouble with the hozelock connectors popping off when the pressure built up,i changed all the hozelock connectors over to the brass ones,dont have no trouble at all now,bit more pricey but well worth the money. Hope this helps.
Malcolm

malcolm can you tell me where you got the brass fittings please ALSO DID YOU CHANGE BOTH THE FITTING ON THREEL AND THE FITTING FROM THE PUMP sorry didnt realise caps were on
thanks

AuRavelling79

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 09:13:11 pm »
Brass is best and you can get them from B&Q
It's a game of three halves!

craig jwc

« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 08:14:28 am »
I had the same problem with the plastic Hozelock connectors.

I just replace them with new plastic ones every now and then and don't have a problem.

I'm running a 100psi Shurflo with 6mm microbore.

Craig

billozz

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 02:10:24 pm »
does anyone know where you can get the male fitting thats on the side of the hosereel (opposite the handle) we cant find them at b&q or anywhere else brass would be great but plastic ones will do, spoken to hoselock they dont do a brass one and say that plastic ones are available from diy outlets but i cant find one that stocks them
regards
Bill

Simply Clean Windows

« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2007, 02:31:53 pm »
Hi Bill, i got my brass fittings from cleaning spot,they do the swivel connector for the side of the hose reel.
Malcolm

billozz

« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2007, 06:14:13 pm »
Hi Bill, i got my brass fittings from cleaning spot,they do the swivel connector for the side of the hose reel.
Malcolm
malcolm,
thanks for the reply i went to cleaningspot.co.uk and i can see the swivel elbow but it is 1/2"bsp or3/4"bsp neither of these sizes will fit the hosereel is there another one that i have missed thanks
Bill

Trevor Knight

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 06:55:30 pm »
hi guys,
im sure you will have had this happen. the hoselock connectors constantly pop off the hosereel, i am sure its down to the pressure we use 100psi flojet pump . does anyone have a solution, its adding lots of time to our day walking to and ffro to put them back on
many thanks
Bill

Had same problem, its when the 0 ring on the connector wears out. If you replace them it should be fine. If that still fails then its the connector itself which will need replacing.

Gardiners sell packs of 0 rings.
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

colley614

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2007, 05:45:35 pm »
I found with the ones in my old firm that we had taps on our hoses and if you put them half opened that stopped the problem also.

As our boss was to tight to replace gear until it was in pieces, round rubber blades and applicators with the plastic ends sticking out. Brings back memories.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2007, 06:13:28 pm »
First off , buy a quality steel  reel and pop one of these on the end

Last picture, the elbow
http://www.easywatering.co.uk/acatalog/Brass_Hose_Fittings.html

Then I swear you will never , ever ever have that trouble again.

I think my best buy ever for a wfp part

Dave

craig jwc

« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2007, 08:41:48 pm »
Dave

Ages ago you posted about the connectors from the pole to connect to microbore.

Think you were having trouble with them jamming up and leaking?

Did you sort it out as i am getting really fed up with mine leaking. I've soaked them in Cillit Bang which cleaned alot off muck out of them, but it isn't long before they leak again.

What did you do with yours? At £6 a piece it's getting a bit expensive >:(

Craig

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2007, 10:02:34 pm »
Craig

I just see them as disposable items, i go through about 1 a fortnight

Dave