This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-Thru.

New tank, What do you think guys? Pics.......
« on: March 12, 2007, 10:04:18 pm »
Hi Guys, my new tank arrived today so got straight to work on it.
Firstly I was going to buy a 250 litre but after lots of you saying on a good day I'd empty that size and be backwards and forwards re-filling from home, So took your advice and went bigger.

I opted for this 600 litre IBC, £50 on ebay ( will supply phone no. if anyone wants one. Very helpful guy called Alex, he also supply's 1000 litre IBC's even cheaper! )

Anyway, lots of you suggested baffeling tank so a mate supplied me with this underground black tubing so have cut them down to aprox 2ft lenths and rammed them all in to use as baffelling, which has added a little weight but not dramaticaly, prob bout 5-10kg.

Got tank in van, to see how it goes, Its a big bugger! Lot bigger than needed but am just setting up WFP so need to save as much money on outlay as poss.

I am not intending to ever fill tank to top, proberbly between 300-450 litres at a time.
Still have split relay and battery to fit, happening in a couple of days.
I intend to house pump + varistream on a MDV board and fix to cage on tank with a plug and socket to battery feed, as I need to be able to remove everything from van occassionaly. Hence tank held down with rachet strap.

Anyway have a look and please let me know what you all think of this set up as you guys on here are sooooooo helpful, Many many thanks

Goochie.                   

IBC's available form Alex. Tel.07817844802.

C-Thru.

Re: New tank, What do you think guys? Pics.......
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 10:07:52 pm »
More pics....

PS how can I add more than 2 pics per post?????

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 10:17:16 pm »
Fair play to you mate , but IMO , I WOULD LOOK AT GETTING THE TANK PUT IN A BIT MORE SECURE , not a pop , just and observation .

Regards Rich P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

C-Thru.

« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2007, 10:20:50 pm »
Thanks Rich, yeah need to look at secureing Tank down bit more, need to take wooden floor up as I want to paint with 'Protectacote' so will find better floor mountings when I do.

Thanks for advice, All helpful.

Goochie.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 10:25:20 pm »
Goochie,

You can use Protectacote on the plywood lining - just needs a base coat of watered down emulsion (after a bit of sanding). Did ours Sunday - fab stuff although VERY VERY smelly  :P

Two coats of Protectacote and job done  ;) 

BTW, there was a fab thread about fitting tanks recently, I'll have a clook and post it for you.  As usual the advise was really sound.

Sarah
Sarah

Sarah Sarill

Sarah

C-Thru.

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 10:31:03 pm »
Hi thanks Sarah, but have already painted floor with of all things...B+Q masonary paint, great stuff and cheap, but want to do floor underneath, because of movement on wooden floor, sooner or later water will get thru so want to protect it as much as poss.

What was protectacote like to use, simple, tricky, hard work, easy to apply???? What did you think?
Goochie.

martin19842

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2007, 10:35:18 pm »

sarah

did you emulsion your ply lining before the protecta kote  ??

regards

martin

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2007, 10:37:41 pm »
Its really easy to use , providing you do the prep work as thre instructions state.

We put the first coat on using a foam roller brush - left it to dry until tacky (about 4 hours) and them 'stippled' in the second coat with a brush.

The stippling action made sure the 'bits' in the paint went on fairtly evenly.  These bits are the non-slp element so have to be fairly even as oposed to big clumps.

Its darn strong stuff - masks, gloves and goggles essential.  Wear really old clothes as the roller sends it everywhere and its almost impossible to get out of clothes or your skin.

My neighbour (nurse) has seen  many instances of people passing out with this stuff so make sure its well ventillated and you only do short  stints before taking in some fresh air.

Fab stuff - our van looks great.

Sarah

Sarah

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2007, 10:38:37 pm »
sarah
did you emulsion your ply lining before the protecta kote  ??
regards
martin

Yes - watered down as the instructions stated.

Was a nice shade of Barbie Pink too  ;D  Only joking guys - a girlie joke  ::)

Sarah
Sarah

poole bay

« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2007, 12:41:02 pm »
where did you get the hose the orange hose to does it work ok

master cleaner

« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2007, 05:25:56 pm »
hi goochie could i have the phone number please also could you tell me what the dimentions of the tank are

thanx
gary

vivaro 013

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2007, 09:58:23 pm »
im shorthly due a new van, and have been looking at Protectacote for the floor , can somebody explain the process of applying Protectacote to floor and can i ,after floor is Protectacote, can i put a  removable ply floor in van 
any help would be appericated

master cleaner

« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2007, 11:28:00 pm »
im shorthly due a new van, and have been looking at Protectacote for the floor , can somebody explain the process of applying Protectacote to floor and can i ,after floor is Protectacote, can i put a  removable ply floor in van 

the easiest way to apply it is with a paint pad , it only took me 10 miuites for the first coat of my despatch van

gary

geefree

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2007, 11:40:25 pm »
Hi..
is it baffled ?.. wont the water slosh from side to side if not?
affecting the weight of the van in motion...

i am looking for a tank.. seen these, but heard they not suitable.. please let me know.

Gary.

vivaro 013

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2007, 05:28:57 pm »
on your dispatch van, did a 4 ltrs tin do 2 coat s , or do you only do 1 coat

Davew

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2007, 06:27:49 pm »
I bought a couple of dirt cheap dustpan brushes one for each coat, just the job.

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2007, 07:04:02 pm »
im shorthly due a new van, and have been looking at Protectacote for the floor , can somebody explain the process of applying Protectacote to floor and can i ,after floor is Protectacote, can i put a removable ply floor in van

The protectacote instructions suggest you roller on the first coast quite thinly and then use a brush to dapple on the second coat to create an even finish of the non-slip component in the paint mixture.  Prioe to application the floor should be cleaned, prepared and dry as per the instructions they include.

on your dispatch van, did a 4 ltrs tin do 2 coat s , or do you only do 1 coat

They recommend AT LEAST 2 coats and a 4 litre tin did our Relay floor and approx 12 inches up the sides twice.  We still have a little left for touching up any  chips in the future too.

Goochie.   If thats a 600  ltr tank then PLEASE PLEASE baffle it.  I asked the best way to do this on another thread and ideally it should be done before you properly secure it to the chasis.  We fitted it before baffeling so now have to use 80ml slotted land drain pipe which comes on a 25m roll for about £36 from a builders merchants.

TOP TIP  1:  Make sure you clean it thoroughly as any dirt on this pipe will obviously contaminate the water.

TOP TIP 2   : Make sure you take off the transport plastic pallet as it is very brittle and will shatter on impact.  Our LDV garage fitted ours through the plastic  ::) and will be re-fitting it properly on Wednesday  :-\

Here's the link if it helps anyone and thanks to the info you guys posted on it  ;)

http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=34663.0

hi goochie could i have the phone number please also could you tell me what the dimentions of the tank are

The footprint is 800mm x 1200mm x 1040mm high.   ALEX. Mobile 07817 844802

Sarah
Sarah

C-Thru.

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2007, 10:59:37 pm »
Hi guys, as you can see from prevoius pics (top of this thread) I did baffel tank. it worked a treat, but then decided that over all this tank was too big for my van, so removed baffeling and took it all to tip! What a waste but had no where to store the piping that I used, and tank went back to supplier.
So back to plan A, 250 or 400 litre tank built under false floor over rear axle, between wheel arches.

If any one has any pics of their Dispatches, scudo's or Expert vans kitted out I'd be very grateful of some pics to see how you've done them.

Many thanks Goochie.

IBC's available form Alex tel; 07817 844802.