This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

HELP VARISTREAM INSTALL
« on: March 09, 2007, 08:03:20 pm »
Just gone over to varistream from return to tank setup , im having big probs !
When i shut off the flow at hose end the system starts to pressurise and the varistrean does not switch off , i start springing leaks all over the shop , just heard a crack from the DI too !
Im guessing that i need to take the panel off and move the ABCDEF thing a bit , at the moment it is set to factory spec i assume , can anybody help please , pretty please ?

Rich P @ F  ???
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

jeff1

Re: HELP VARISTREAM INSTALL
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2007, 08:08:03 pm »
Yes rich you need to adjust the little blue pot inside.

what size pump and what type hose?

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2007, 08:12:36 pm »
I knew it was gonna be you Jeff  ! , shurflo 100 psi 100 m micro 6mm .

What do i need to do ?

Rich P @ F 

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2007, 08:16:18 pm »
Rich Ive got 100psi & 100m micro too and both my V2's are set on "F"

Chris

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2007, 08:19:12 pm »
Alright , got that , but what should it be set at when i open the cover ?

Rich P @ F

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2007, 08:22:55 pm »
I knew it was gonna be you Jeff  ! , shurflo 100 psi 100 m micro 6mm .

What do i need to do ?

Rich P @ F 
'O' dear should I have stayed quite then Rich  ;D
Just turn it down one letter at a time until system runs fine.

I can't help you with the Di though.

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2007, 08:23:59 pm »
Alright , got that , but what should it be set at when i open the cover ?

Rich P @ F
What ever they set it to in the factory, I think they calabrate them using 100 psi pump.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 08:24:28 pm »
no idea Rich cant remember what mine were set at originally

As Jeff says one step at a time just leave cover off while you test it

Chris

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2007, 09:17:52 pm »
start on "E"  and take it from there,

did you bypass the micro switch on the pump itself, ie take the extra wires off the pump

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2007, 09:46:46 pm »
start on "E"  and take it from there,

did you bypass the micro switch on the pump itself, ie take the extra wires off the pump
Rich
This is a very good point from dave, you have to disconnect the pressure switch on your pump? You should be left with 2 wires only.

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2007, 11:37:40 pm »
WHAT DO YOU THINK , IM NOT A COMPLETE MUPPET !

Im all sorted now chaps , its set on d/e with the dial pointing directly up , i assume this is number 3 ?

Just out of interest , what do you lot have yours set to ?

Thanks for all your input people , most helpfull .

Rich P @ F 

craig jwc

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2007, 08:41:07 am »
Mines usually set at the 12 o'clock position
WHAT DO YOU THINK , IM NOT A COMPLETE MUPPET !
You sure about that Rich ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Craig

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2007, 09:12:23 am »
They call me GONZO in Plymouth  ;D

My dial is set at the 12 o clock position , when i switch off the hose should the pump cut out and stay out , or does it come on for a spurt every now and again , mine does this , is it normal or should i knock the blue dial back a little more ?

Rich P @ F 

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2007, 09:22:16 am »
yes it will hunt for a while and each hunt will get longer and longer between , also any slack will be taken up , ie if the hose starts to give a little bit the varistream will soon fill that space

dai

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2007, 09:23:41 am »
what do you lot have yours set to ?

It all depends on your own system.
With the hose removed from the pump outlet, you should be able to turn the outside dial all the way up to boost.
When you put the hose back on the pump outlet, the rest of your system comes into play. Length of hose, diameter of hose, coils on your reel, connector's. All these cause a resistance to the flow.
If you pour liquid through a funnel, the amount you pour in cannot be greater than the funnels ability to let it through. if you pour too quick the funnel will overflow.
Your system in enclosed so cannot overflow, so pressure builds up. When this pressure becomes higher, it has the same effect as you cutting off the flow at the pole. This is why on some systems, you can only run up to the 12 o'clock position. Any higher and The Varistream will stop your pump. As some pressure is released, the pump comes back on. Rapid on, off, on, off, is known as cycling.
 The little blue dial inside is in effect a variable pressure switch. This switch works by sensing the demand the pump makes on your battery.
The correct setting for this dial will depend on your own system.
As has been said above, one increment at a time adjustment, is the best way to find the right setting for your own system.

Many of you will already know all this, but it may help new Varistream users to understand how the thing works. Dai

P @ F

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2007, 09:31:00 am »
Thanks Dave and Dai , my system runs exactly as Dave described , is this ok that it cuts in and out for tiny periods or should i turn the dial back a touch , or will the system cut in and out at whatever setting ?

Rich P @ F 

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2007, 02:49:34 pm »
Why the sudden need for a v2 Rich? I thought you were a big fan of the rtn valve and didnt see a need to spend extra on  flow controllers or are you just treating yourself to a little lux?

Chris

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2007, 03:30:31 pm »
Change of heart due to the fact that i have already killed 2 batteries , the pump was consantly going and killing the batteries off quickly .
My flow rate was getting harder to set for some reason , i was round the back of a big job for about 90 mins , when i came back to the van i found that the pressure switch had been going mental all that time !
Rather than blow the pump or switch i decided it was time for a V2 , and im glad i did , just been out and done a bit , what a great bit of kit it is .

While i am on here , the hozeloc connector that goes to the in side of the DI , does it have to be a particular type ?
I mean a standard one or one of the ones that stops the flow if it should at any time pop off ?

Rich P @ F 

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2007, 04:54:10 pm »
dont supose it really matters unless you want to disconnect often and dont want to loose water I do wonder however if a stop connector would reduce flow slightly with there being a bung of sorts inside it

dai

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 01:03:22 pm »
my system runs exactly as Dave described , is this ok that it cuts in and out for tiny periods or should i turn the dial back a touch , or will the system cut in and out at whatever setting ?
Yes, this exactly how it works. It sends pulses every few seconds to check that the resistance/ pressure is the same. It will stop doing this after a few minutes. Dai