This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Squeaky
« on: March 06, 2007, 08:17:07 am »
Hi mate.

I wish you all the best mate.

I know you have injurys, you have spoken about them.

It was one of the main reasons i switched to. I sustained a bad injury in a car accident, tendon in right arm that needed an opp, bad wiplash that affected my back & a few minor things.  ::).

Like you i had to get back to work so some things just got worse. So i took the plung, i was worried because it was a huge risk all that money.

The first few months was a little hard as you will find because you will be using muscles all the time that were on holiday before. Within 3 months those aches were nearly gone. As for my back & elbow, realy doing well, I honestly feel 10 years younger so i'm sure you will bennifit too.

Stick with it Rog, in 6 months time you will love her more than the Mrs, i do.  ;)

All the best & be confident.

Macc

Sir Squeaky

Re: Squeaky
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 09:23:37 am »
I already love her more than the missus. Oh, you mean the pole! :-X  ;D

To be honest I'm not worrying about it.
Those who don't like it, bye-bye... :P

I'm expecting problems with spots and moans.
If I don't get many it will be a nice surprise.

I had a lift of Ian's Unger pole last night and I thought it weighed a ton.
I'm not having one of them. :o

Granted, I'm a lot weaker at the moment after 3 weeks sat around and an injury, but you wouldn't to use that all day long.
That's just asking for re-injury.

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2007, 09:41:27 am »
Sorry I know you've probably been asked this a hundred times already but what injury have you had and how did you do it.

Gordon.
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2007, 11:27:33 am »
It's apparently nerve damage in my shoulder, due to trapping the nerve in my neck.

However, my whole shoulder hurts, muscles, joint, everything.
Moving my head pulls the muscle right down my shoulder.
It feels more than nerve damage now, but maybe it will affect other parts, I don't know.

It's tight and a bit awkward to move now, and it's a lot weaker.
I've had numerous doctors, physios, an osteopath and the hospital on to it, but they all say it just has to be rested. :-\
Nearly 3 weeks now, and it still hurts.

What caused it?
Hard work. :(
I had a slight muscle pull, and worked on.
That inflammed the muscle and trapped the nerve.
That's the thing with this job. Whether you're trad or wfp, one way or another it'll get you in the end.

Pj

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2007, 11:58:12 am »
Tis true, Rog.
I am left handed, 21st year windowcleaning!  Although every muscle in the upper left part of my body is more developed than the other side, they are all well and truly repetitively over used.  It isn't the case for everyone, but I have tried everything over the years to treat it, but it's too late, even if I stopped it wouldn't go away, so I just plod on, no-one escapes the grim reaper!
As you know I also had a heart attack almost 4 years ago, in fact 4 years this month.  Doctors said give up climbing ladders so I did, and I gave away and sold most of my work, but after 6 months rest I gradually realised I still love being outside and I don't think I could work for someone else, so I started back, discovered wfp and gradually got going.  Life is no picnic, but I do enjoy my sandwiches in the van :D.  When I started back about 3 or so years ago I was on £100 a week!  Happy that I could work, no kidding.  I remind myself of that often, when I have a bad day, or read on here about these £300 a day blokes.  I'm not on £100 a week now.  I still struggle but I can work well with wfp and so will you mate.  It's no magic wand, but it is easier.
You'll be fine.  Look forward to reading your progress.

Pj

Sarah Sarill

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2007, 12:44:37 pm »
Respect to you Pj for the sound advice.  ;)
Sarah

marc al

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2007, 12:55:00 pm »
   I have come home with a bad shoulder today, slept on it funny and now feels bruised internally so am going to rest it for the rest of the day.

Roger

Have you thought of a 4 x 4ft section pole, that is what I use all the time, tops and bottoms, it is nice and light and cuts out the need for a short pole too. It will reach pretty much most things except 3rd floor on domestic, will reach most over conservatories too - 100 quid from gardiners.

Marc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 02:00:19 pm »
I think that's pretty much what I'm trying to get.

Trouble is, I've tried to ring Gardiners about 10 times since 10am, and there's no-one there.

Hopefully Alex will appear on here later and let me ring him direct. :-*

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2007, 03:03:22 pm »
Hi Squeaky,

Give me a ring on the mobile No. I am sending to your email.

Alex