This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Pat Purcell

EBAY
« on: March 05, 2007, 11:58:07 pm »
I spotted a FREEDOM TROLLEY on ebay US last night at a starting bid of$100 and figured I would look into it ,the seller asked that you contact him before bidding on his e-mail address outside of ebay as his ebay messages was full and he would respond quicker if you e-mailed him
So i sent an e-mail asking him how much shipping would be and he responded that he was selling it for $600 and shipping was free
For those of you famaliar with ebay ,there was no buy it now on the listing
He also said that the unit was new in the box and there was a 30 day warranty 
The listing was not there when I went to look at it again 
So i emailed him again asking him what had happened and he replied that it was $600 free shipping
It didn't feel right so I passed 
Today the listing was back ,so another e-mail asking about shipping
Reply "$600 free shipping"
When I went to look the listing was gone again
Im not positive this is a scam but if anyone is looking at buying a freedom trolley I would check it out thoroughly before bidding or paying
The sellers name was Fashion ........(SOMETHING)
The seller was from Germany and IF and when IM sure this was a scam I will post his e-mail address
Im not sure if its possible to HIjack an ebay account but I think thats what happened as while everything that was for sale had a value of $2000 or more and was electronic or machinery in nature all the feedback for the seller and the completed sales were for clothing
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Paul Edwards

Re: EBAY
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2007, 10:26:53 am »
probably a hijacked account. It can happen, it happened to me. It's a pain in the neck to get your account back once it's been hijacked as well.

Piece of advise: If you use ebay download the ebay toolbar (can't remember where to get it exactly but search on ebay and you'll find it) The toolbar will alert you to potential phishing sites, that's how hackers get your details.
**aka Ionic Systems**