Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Llaaww

clientbase software
« on: March 04, 2007, 11:18:30 pm »
I am rapidly pulling in new jobs, in the first eight weeks I have picked up over forty new commercial sites, I have'nt even started to look at houses yet.
I will need a better way to manage what will be a fairly busy client base. I have a good laptop and I want to find the best software for the job.
Has anybody used any of the window cleaning software on the market and can you recommend any.
thanks ;D
if it is dirty it is fair game

niceandclean

Re: clientbase software
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2007, 12:20:34 am »
Over forty commercial sites, blimey that is really good going!!
Can i ask how you have managed to get that amount of commercial work in so little time?? Its just that i cant seem to get much commercial work, are you using a certain technique??

Thanks.

spotless2000

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2007, 08:05:43 am »
Take a look at George

http://www.georgesystems.co.uk/

Steve

Llaaww

« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2007, 09:23:03 am »
Over forty commercial sites, blimey that is really good going!!
Can i ask how you have managed to get that amount of commercial work in so little time?? Its just that i cant seem to get much commercial work, are you using a certain technique??

Thanks.
i thik it I have been fortunate most of the w/cleaners I have spoken to locally are not really interested in commercial sites, they seem to prefer the houses.

To get the work I simply knock on doors and approach the owners with
"I am a window cleaner and I would like to clean your windows" :)
"I am well able to take proper care of this type of job" ;)
"Cor blimey, boy do you need a good window cleaner" :D
"Looks like I got here just in time you really do need a good window cleaner like me" 8),
"I want to promote the entire industry by doing a proper job where it can be seen, on the high st"
all of this has been succesful at some time and there is loads more. Where are you working?

Brewser

« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2007, 12:12:07 pm »
I like your "cheeky chappy" approach 8).

Are you using WFP or Traditional on your commercial work?

pylofm

« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2007, 01:18:43 pm »
I use George and it is a great bit of software and does exactly what I need it to do.. ;D

Llaaww

« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 01:31:38 pm »
I like your "cheeky chappy" approach 8).

Are you using WFP or Traditional on your commercial work?
trad for years but I have a new wfp coming this week. I will probably hassle you for tips on rigging it up.

I have got the looks for it, not everybody can carry it off :D

Seriously though it is important to have the right aproach, and the right intention before you start to talk to people, especially when you are asking people to part with money on a regular basis. I never appologise to a potential customer, and it makes a big difference. Never ever start a pitch with "I'm sorry" to bother you. It puts people off, especially the switched on business types who usually have all the money

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 02:46:14 pm »
What did you do in your two years getting fir Lawrence?

Llaaww

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 03:41:14 pm »
What did you do in your two years getting fir Lawrence?
I have allways been a busy sort, but I over did things a bit while gardening. I got arthritis, chronic fatigue, as well as other more complicated stuff.

To get better I needed to stop doing stuff. This is not so easy when you have a mortgage and bills. I took about two months sitting at home reading get well soon books, before taking a very dull job in a factory in chepstow. I amglad to be back at the windows, all we need now is some sunshine.

I picked up window clnr pro online today thanks 8)

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 04:19:37 pm »
There is a document section on this site somewhere- Where people show how they do it. (keep track of cleans etc)
Also, apparently, there is stuff about method statements etc that might be helpfull for getting commercial work.
You will love WFP. It's hard to start, as are first cleans. When both you and the client know you do a good job you can fly at it.All the suppliers are good and give good advice, especially the ones that post on here. Other things to consider are collection of monies, instead of going out on a friday night many put a leaflet thru with addresed envelope asking for a cheque or payment online. You can set up a business account with no charges at Abbey.

At the moment I just have a list in excel.