This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

What is the minimum price you would charge to clean one semi detached house consisting of: 6 standard windows, 2 bay windows & 1 front door (semi glazed) & 1 double patio door? What region in the UK do you price work in?

£5.00 brigade
£5.50 to £7.50
£7.50 to £10.00
£10.00 to £15.00
Above £15.00

DASERVICES

When I first started window cleaning I used the normal prices that was being charged £4.50 for 4 bed house. After a couple of months I knew I could not earn a decent living in bringing in £50 per day so ditched the whole round. The area that I was working in was not a licensed area and was awash with the £2.50 brigade.

I then moved into a licensed area and used the licence as a selling tool, this I found worked for me. There is a market there as people are prepared to pay out more for a window cleaner if they know they can be trusted.

I now work in the unlicensed area where people are willing to pay that much extra for a decent window cleaner. My min price is now £5.50 which I introduced this year and expected a few cancelations, none to date.

Yes there is a huge divide up here in Scotland but you need to sell yourself and the licence, if someone says you are too expensive never back down, walk away.
The difference is some guy will be charging £2.50 per house comapared to your £8.00. I know which one I prefer.

The big problem we have is the £2.50 brigade who often use window cleaning as a second job, claiming benefits. All these types are breaking the law. There are some guys who can live on £2.50 per house who are legal. But the biggest problem in our industry are the ones working illegally and these are the ones that are keeping the prices down. Until these are removed we will always have this problem.

Doug

Dean Aspects

i have just re read the original post i feel i was a bit hasty in my reply after doing some similar houses as the example today i realise that my prices are a little higher than i realised my prices are more like £8-£10 depending on the area ::)

Trevor Knight

We have to understand what is a necessity and what is classed as a luxury.

Petrol is a must so we pay the national price irrespective of where we live, we have no choice. To a degree its the same as alcohol as the nationals control the financial market.

Window cleaners are so different, they are mostly individuals who set their own financial targets and work accordingly towards them, this means that there will always be a varience between each other. The next thing to bear in mind is window cleaning is a luxury, so as a luxury they customer will look for the most cost effective supplier, a bit like buying your Flatscreen TV, we all shop around.

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire