Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

wightsurf

Whats a ecoflow ? Or Options Please
« on: March 04, 2007, 02:03:15 pm »
Hi
I have up until now used a varistream but it's just yesterday brokedown.Upon looking at my options have come across the ecoflow being talked about.
Does anyone have a web link showing what they are and prices ect.
It would be nice for any other options as well as i need to buy something first thing monday morning.

Regards

Martin

wightsurf

Re: Whats a ecoflow ? Or Options Please
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 02:55:14 pm »
Thanks for that link , alot cheaper than the variflow .
Would these work ok with the surflow 100psi pump?

Regards

Martin

cybersye

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 03:13:43 pm »
yes thats the set up I have, never used a varistream but its a very robust unit, never had a problem with it, I've wired an extra weatherproof switch (£5 from wickes) between the battery and the unit so I switch on and off from there and do'nt have to turn the dial from my desired setting.
Simon

batterbee

« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 03:15:57 pm »
Hi Matin, i've been using an Eco-Flow for just over 2 weeks and so far so good, i also use a 100psi shurflo pump so no problems with using that. I got mine from www.freedomwfp.co.uk cost about £75 inc vat & del.

Regards

John
JB CLEANING SERVICES, NORWICH, NORFOLK.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 04:59:31 pm »
Same here 100psi shurflo pump and Eco-flow no problems as yet :)
Sussex by the sea

wightsurf

« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 06:25:29 pm »
thanks for the link i'm looking at two ideas here the ecoflow or a DIY bypass which does seem to be the cheap way to go but am a bit worried about the strain on my pump but thanks again ,i have to make my mind up by the morning because thats when i will order it but it's a lot cheaper than the varistream

Regards

Martin

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2007, 06:43:56 pm »
Hi

I use the varistream and it works great for me.

I have looked at the instruction manual of the ECO-flow but can only find a 'flow contoller' offered.

The Varistream also has a water 'pressure' controller as well, that it adjusted inside the unit.

Does the ECO-flow offer the same options? If it doesn't then this could justify a price difference.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

cybersye

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:26:55 am »
Hi

I use the varistream and it works great for me.

I have looked at the instruction manual of the ECO-flow but can only find a 'flow contoller' offered.

The Varistream also has a water 'pressure' controller as well, that it adjusted inside the unit.

Does the ECO-flow offer the same options? If it doesn't then this could justify a price difference.

Spruce

It does'nt, thats the only downside
on a lower flow mine does seem to "cycle" so I usually run it about 2/3 's full flow and have a flow adjuster on hose, does protect my pump though, and is'nt really a problem for me.
They do seem to be better built and more durable than varistreams, only from what I've heard on here about switches sticking on varistreams.

cybersye

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 10:32:25 am »

on a lower flow mine does seem to "cycle"

does anyone know if the shureflow pump can have the pressure adjusted to stop this happening?

Spruce

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 04:33:19 pm »

on a lower flow mine does seem to "cycle"

does anyone know if the shureflow pump can have the pressure adjusted to stop this happening?
[quote author=cybersye

The pressure switch above the pump is what will cut the current to the motor when the pressure reaches it maximum. But the whole idea of the varistream is do away with the pressure switch. The Varistream works by reducing the speed of the pump motor to enable you to regulate it to your required flow at the brush.

I have a control tap near the pole so I can switch off my water as I move from window to window. As the pressure builds up the Varistream stops the pump.

I can't see how the ECO-flow unit will work satisfactorily with a WFP pump without this feature. The only other way I see it is to use the ECO-flow in conjunction with the pressure switch. Slowing the water flow rate down will help reduce the 'wear & tear' on the switch anyway.

I have a seperate switch which I use to switch the Varistream off so never touch it from one day to the next.

Spruce
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

sair

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 06:44:17 pm »
hi tony

we are the  suppliers  of eco-flow

it will have the upgrade we want to have  addded to it, hopefuly by the show and  it will be having a overhaul to be more in line with the competion, the old stlye eco-flow will remain as many of our customers are happy with its simplistit and ease of use . the new style eco flow will be more  preferable by those who use the vari stream and yes the price will rise slightly as there will be exras in it

eco flow has taken off now and many customers feed back is good we have had the product on market longer than vari stream. just kept it in house on our own systems, but theres  a lot of intrest now i hope it works okay for people

tony www.essentiallypure.co.uk
Essentially Pure Ltd