Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Biscute

WFP set up
« on: March 03, 2007, 10:48:15 pm »
As you may or maynot know i am planning on setting up my system very soon, i was just woundering why they have both DI and RO systems on them, i tougt they do te same job. Could one of my gurus enlighten me plz  :)
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Re: WFP set up
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2007, 10:55:08 pm »
I live in a hard water area, about 220ppm, if i was to DI only it would cost a fortune in resin.

My RO set up cost me about £800 in total, the filters on my RO are only £20-£30 to change every 4-6 months. The cost of the filters per year is about 2-3 weeks of resin to DI, huge saving.

Macc

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2007, 10:55:16 pm »
Ok your tap water dependant on where in the country you live will read between 0-100 in teh south west to here in the mids/north 300-400 very hard.

A RO will filter solids from your water down from 400 to about 20 ish so that is still too high to be able to use to clean windows. So the di cylinder is to get the water down from 20 ish to 000.

But if you live in a soft water area and your water reads 000 after coming out of your ro you wont need the di

dave0123

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2007, 10:58:37 pm »
Me too over the next coming months! i THINK i no the basics as i read into it lots on here etc over the last few months basicly what to know the ins and outs before i spend to much money!

I think am sure i will be corrected if wrong! BUT if you have a low TDS which in your water before its pure that basicly the muck in the water i dont no the tech name.

So if you have a high TDS  reading and your using a DI system only you will use this up pritty fast costing you more over the months for buying resin. an RO system removes around 98% then goes through a DI removing the last 2% or so which means the resin wil  last alot longer, if you understand that?

I dont no how often you have to change the RO filters tho..

Dave
Dave.

Biscute

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2007, 11:01:48 pm »
Cheers guys, good thing is i think im in a soft water area, anyone from liverpool confirm that for me plz.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 11:03:42 pm »
Spot on Dave  ;D.

The filters in the RO about 4 months 6 months tops. The filters are cheap.

I use Gardiners for mine & thats where i brought it.

Macc

dave0123

« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2007, 11:07:34 pm »
Ahh right thanks macc  ;)

when your first reading up on it its abit hard to get your head around it all lmao.

macc.. do you no if they still do the DIY systems on Gardiners?

am from Wirral biscute over the water! far as i know the hole Northwest is hard water area isn it?  :o

Dave 
Dave.

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2007, 11:11:37 pm »
Are you sitting comfortably . . .

I'm in a "soft" water area which means the local tap water has a low TDS - mine is between 30 and 40ppm. I'm not fully wfp, so I don't use as much water as others. This means that I can get away with only using a De-Ionising filter to produce the Zero ppm water that I need. You need to buy bags of resin to replenish the filter to de-ionise the water - the higher the ppm, the more resin you go through.

Those who live in a "hard" water area (much higher tds/ppm) would find it helluva expensive just using DI. So they firstly use the Reverse Osmosis system to bring the tds/ppm down to a decent level - some systems can bring it down to single digit ppm - and then use the DI to only filter out the now-very-low tds/ppm worth of impurities. Using DI after RO is called "polishing" the water.

Are you enlightened, GlassHopper?

Hell's teeth - six replies since I started . . .
good thing is i think im in a soft water area, anyone from liverpool confirm that for me plz.
Ask the local water board
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2007, 11:14:20 pm »
I think so Dave as Alex Gardiner posted some figures up on Squeaks topic, i think its called "pricing up wfp".

Its on todays postings, others have posted up set up prices too so have a look, it will give you ideas on costs, they were all under a grand if i remember.

Hope that helps mate.

Macc

dave0123

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 11:16:50 pm »
Thanks Macc

I will do! i have been looking at the Freedom diy ste ups on ebay aswell.. look good.

Thanks again.
Dave
Dave.

Pat Purcell

« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2007, 11:37:07 pm »
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

brightnclean

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2007, 11:59:28 pm »
Biscute.. ur gonna need RO and DI In the Pool m8  It isnt very hard water but neither is it soft enough to use DI only economically Got a couple of m8s there and they both use RO/DI systems

steve k

« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 04:26:06 am »
water here in Liverpool is about 200TDS so not soft..!!
You need RO system.

Biscute

« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 08:24:48 am »
Cheers fot that. Just my luck i would need both

« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 02:46:09 pm »
Cheers fot that. Just my luck i would need both

Hi Biscute.

I have my Ro in the shed, its a result which you will find out. The major plus is you always have water ready just to transfer.  ;D

I transfer it to my van & it goes through DI to polish water down to 000ppm as it pumped out of van to poles. Saves loads of hassel.

Macc

dai

« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 03:08:20 pm »
water here in Liverpool is about 200TDS so not soft..!!
You need RO system.

Steve, that surprised me, I thought you were getting it from us, over here in wales. My TDS is 52-55, Llandudno is 42, and Barmouth 19 ppm. I think Prestatyn is pretty high though, so you must be a tad unlucky with a 200 reading.
I am getting 5 months out of each bag using 2 Di vessels in tandem. That's DI only of course. Dai