This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brightnclean

Re: D+P leaflets...!!!
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 10:32:30 pm »
I`m not that bothered really.

Really? Then why drag the guy through the dirt on a public forum?

I am sure you have perfect customer relations and never make mistakes and of course you clean windows perfectly every time  ::)

steve k

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 05:09:32 am »
dragging him through the dirt... ???
get real.
I am sure if I had customers not happy with the quality of my work...what would they do after dumping me...?
...they would tell their friends and neighbours not to use me as my work is poor...!
My fault, my loss and another window cleaners gain.

HE rang me ... >:(
HE was rude... >:(
HE was unprofessional... >:(
HE hung up on me... >:(

HIS fault, HIS loss and another printers gain...

if you use Ebay and receive inferior goods, you leave NEGATIVE feedback so others can learn from your dealings with the supplier...well, consider ths NEGATIVE feedback.

steve k

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 05:29:08 am »
Dave, try this...if no luck, I give up :D

http://www.esnips.com/doc/9d5dd9d9-fb3d-496c-a093-4ba64e21978c/D+P_sample_leaflet

this should take you to a pdf symbol..click and open...hopefully :P

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 08:05:11 am »
That link worked. And it was some fearsome leaflet.The main photo was generic I have seen it before and I know that you don't use a trolley system.The operatives featured are mature, and as you say a bit fierce.
The before and after photo was good but this should be on a corner window detail not a cons roof.
The exclamation marks were a bit in the style of a sillit bang advert.

The makings of a good leaflet, but some work left to do.From your posts you are good at photo's, and these should obviously be taken by yourself.On the wording what I tend to do is show a few people and get feedback. I personaly found this too aggresive, as if you had a chip on your shoulder, but you had delineated what you saw as the customer benefits well and made it brief.

It was well worth the wait to see it posted. I had a good laugh and I can see why you didn't proceed!

nat

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 08:27:48 am »
I'm not one to stick the boot in but that flyer is to a very poor standard and if he spent 4 hours on it then maybe he should just stick to printing because if just looks real naff!

sorry! :-\

Trevor Knight

« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 08:59:07 am »
Having read with interest all the postings it seems to me that two issues are here!

1) D+P Design although offering a Free design service perhaps have suffered serveal people using them and buggering off with the design to be printed elsewhere? Hence the telephone converstation asking for payment. A change of wording would be wiser, perhaps free artwork on completion of order or artwork charged at £x x x per hour if order not placed? This keeps it nice and clear for all concerned.

2) You get what you pay for, it apears a lot of you are complaining that the service is not good etc.... yet no one is complaing about the reasonable prices. You can't have it both ways.

I have used D+P for all our stationery, found Mark to be helpful, a little difficult to get hold of, but the finished product was of a high quality and all in all very happy with the jobs he has completed for us. I have used designer services before and believe me they are very expensive.

I think in general the main reason for this posting was due to a breakdown in communication. Obviously puuting the phone down on a customer is not professional, but lets face it, if as it has been stated, he works to small profit margins and encourages high volume traffic, then I guess as with all of us, sometimes you just lose interest in an account or customer and think this really isn't worth it and bin them?

Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Paul Coleman

« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 09:37:49 am »
I had some samples from him by email too.  They were generic samples rather than tailor made for me so I don't feel that I cost him anything by not getting back to him.  They looked OK(ish).  Not great but not bad either.  I feel that I would rather design my own leaflet and hold the copyright but I would be happy for him to do the printing.  Everyone is a winner that way.  I get the leaflet i want.  He gets his normal rates without spending time on the designing.

Although what he did was wrong and unprofessional, I guess we all have bad days.

steve k

« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 11:52:01 am »
This did not mean I would not use them in the future as their costs are good.
I was actually going to send them some more of my ideas for a carpet cleaning leaflet I may be needing.

Trevor...as stated above, I did mention their good prices but if quality is compromised, then maybe he should put his prices up and lose the free artwork he advertises.

I and many others will pay more for quality.

« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 01:33:59 pm »
In my critisism of the leaflet I should have added that I thought the lay out that DP did was very good. I could find no issue with the sizeing, placement of photos etc. To me that side looked very professional.

If he charged a bit more for using peoples own photo's and confidentiality of not posting their design for others to copy i think he would be on a winner.

In other words I would definitely use him if he kept stum.

PS. iF you read this DP there is no such thing as bad publicity. If we have a row with you or each other and end up with better leaflets then that is a good thing.

steve k

« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 03:50:09 pm »
curious, if you go his site, he displays hundreds of samples already done...so I don`t think he is concerned with confidentiality.