Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

brightnclean

Re: A day with me in pics
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 07:27:38 pm »
Thanks for the pics SAJ. I find what you and steve k have to say educational.

The chap above is saying that posts like this are attracting the wrong sort into our business and making it look like easy money.Anyone who is good at what they do make it look easy from tennis to football to window cleaning.I don't find it easy, but threads like this do help. Carry on.

Exactly right!!   Sorry SAJ my post was tongue in cheek really.

I know of a few guys who look in here but dont post and not all of them play by the rules. There seems to be a growing number of well informed and smart folks who arent averse to investing in the kit and running well oiled operations and are happy to compete on price.  I am a poor old window cleaner and just scraping by meself   ;)

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 07:50:39 pm »
I like to put a bit back when I can. I'm about to make a revelation on the bird muck thread but I can't seem to generate much level of interest.Does anyone on this topic want to see my world beating and brilliant bird muck and upper frame detailing and valeting invention? I've got a picture.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 07:52:30 pm »
I like to put a bit back when I can. I'm about to make a revelation on the bird muck thread but I can't seem to generate much level of interest.Does anyone on this topic want to see my world beating and brilliant bird muck and upper frame detailing and valeting invention? I've got a picture.

Go on then you have twisted my arm

;-}

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 08:07:04 pm »
Research and developement.
A guy on here mentioned he used a toothbrush to detail dirty upper frames.My wife got me five for a pound nail brushes at pound shop.Because I had said to custy that i clean frames so used nail brush on downstairs frame corners etc. Frames were not that dirty but came up brilliantly, but more interestingly than that three neighbours came out and asked me to do theirs.
Next, i'm talking someone into being new custy and mention frame cleaning."see all that muck in the corner, that green stuff, I'll get rid of all that.....
she"Well if you don't use ladders how do you get it off the upper frames?
Me "Ahhh, well......"
Woke up next day with idea. Here is picture. It is two joined nail brushes fixed by jubilee clips onto an applicator handle. It fits onto the end of a pole details frames  and removes bird muck.

Pj

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 11:06:55 pm »
By the time it takes to get your pole down, change brush head to nail brush, get it back up, scrub muck, get pole back down, change brush head back, get pole up, wash....
am I missing something?

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #25 on: March 03, 2007, 09:41:03 am »
how can £235 be good for 2 people :-\ all those jobs :-\ must be areas :-\
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

NWH

« Reply #26 on: March 03, 2007, 05:23:29 pm »
Cheers SAJ it makes it a bit more interesting looking a different peoples jobs,having said that like terry says that`s a lot of work for the money mate i would expect to get that for half that work.No offense intended.cheers Nigel.

Ian Fletcher

« Reply #27 on: March 04, 2007, 10:50:48 am »
Commercial jobs all done in an hour, so off to the next house.

This one took us 15 mins to clean.

how much are you chargeing for this house i live in wolverhampton i would charge 8 pounds
oi mate you have missed a bit

Mike 108

« Reply #28 on: March 04, 2007, 12:17:11 pm »
Ian

Re pricing for that house. I live in Fleetwood (near Blackpool)

I would also charge £8.00 - cleaning traditionally (assuming I could manage the window above the conservatory).

I price at 50p per upstairs window (double that if it involves a ladder move) and 25p per downstairs window (double if involves moving the 'step-up').

Therefore £3.00 for front of house, £2.75 for rear of house, £2.25 for conservatory (£8.00 in total).

How do you work out your prices?  Cheers.

Mike

john tomkins

« Reply #29 on: March 04, 2007, 12:52:59 pm »
Commercial jobs all done in an hour, so off to the next house.

This one took us 15 mins to clean.

how much are you chargeing for this house i live in wolverhampton i would charge 8 pounds

Well I'm down the road from you in Dudley and I would quote £14 but thats frames too. £8 way too low :o

EasyClean

« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2007, 06:33:21 pm »
Ian

Re pricing for that house. I live in Fleetwood (near Blackpool)

I price at 50p per upstairs window (double that if it involves a ladder move) and 25p per downstairs window (double if involves moving the 'step-up').

Therefore £3.00 for front of house, £2.75 for rear of house, £2.25 for conservatory (£8.00 in total).

How do you work out your prices?  Cheers.

Mike

I thought it was bad down here in the South West regarding prices but 25pence for a bottom window?? The minimum hourly wage for anything is £5+ . When I started window cleaning 9years ago the minimum price was 50pence per window! Why don't you increase your prices to at least double the minimum wage otherwise what's the point of being self-employed??
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!