This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

telboy

Re: For Terry Burrows
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 02:23:21 pm »
Thanks Tel

I really needed that :(

williamx

« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 04:01:31 pm »

"mr lee was Honest" you have just lost the argument with that statement.

Mr Lee proved on National Television that he hasn't a clue about wfp cleaning.

williamx i am not getting into an argument but there are certain things WFP_ wont move ie paint after painters cement and silicone for a builders clean and it does struggle on baked on egg and odd pieces of bird muck and this is what mr lee was stateing he was honest in saying that often the ladder is best for some jobs and you are kidding yourself and your customers if you believe any different

I don't think that I have been kidding myself and it is true that Paint-silicone-cement-baked on egg muck and other substances can be difficult to remove by using just water and a brush.

But Mr Lee could have explained that as with trad cleaning, the cleaner has to use various  adapters to help remove these substances.

I have removed all of the above without the need to use a ladder and I have gone inside to check the window from that side to make sure, with wfp there are various adapters that help in the removal of all kinds of crap its a shame that Mr Lee didn't mention this on the tv interview or since to the general public.

trevor perry

« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 04:16:01 pm »
yes various adapters can be used but these to have their limits if you attach a scraper and try scraping paint of a window 30 feet up you can easily scratch frames or damage newly painted frames , if you use a chemical then again you can cause more damage to surfaces surrounding glass not to mention the danger of splashing passers by with chemical from a thirty foot pole , whatever job is done a person should be experienced in using all tools available to him and using the best one for the job. Mr lee himself isnt against WFP because he uses them himself but he does realize their limitations.
 each job is differant and there are lots of methods of access ie rope access , cherrypicker, ladder and WFP all have advantages and disadvantages it is upto us as professionals to advise clients on the costs and limitations of each method and also the safety risks with each one.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

williamx

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 04:39:00 pm »
Trevor

You are right in what you say and if Mr Lee had said the same then there wouldn't have been any fuss, but he did not, instead he implied that wfp cleaning cannot clean windows with bird muck on it at all.

There are always going to be various levels of cleaning, it would be ideal to get up and close on every window but this cannot happen because of various factors and cost would be the main one.

Wfp cleaning is here to stay and with experience it can clean windows just as good as a trad cleaner, but it not the fault of the "pole" if it doesnt achieve this but the "poler".

The same applies to trad cleaners it not the squeegee's fault when the frames aren't cleaned but it is the operators fault.

Power to the POLE and up the revolution. ;D

Tosh

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 04:55:36 pm »

williamx i am not getting into an argument but there are certain things WFP_ wont move ie paint after painters cement...[etc]

Being ex-army I used to have many dealings with the REME (Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers (or Rough Engineering Made Easy)) and it was said of them that the only tool they used was a hammer.

The more complex a job; the bigger the hammer they used.

Obviously this was a 'urine-take'; but it's a good analogy for window cleaning.

We don't only have to use ladders; there are other 'tools in the box'.

Remember, most WFP users will still use ladders.

If we're faced with a minging job that requires scrapers, we use ladders; get it up to standard; then do subsequent jobs with a WFP in a quicker, easier and safer way.

Simple really.