Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Bonzer

Re: Pricing up WFP.
« Reply #60 on: March 03, 2007, 08:57:21 pm »
Surely someone could help Roger out with the water situation? Because of the 'awkward' situation with the taps and lack of garden space, it would be better if he could chip in with a local wfp user to offset the costs of producing the water and use his facilities?

I am thinking especially of those who have 4040 systems and produce a lot of water in a relatively short period of time. It wouldn't be too hard to share some of that.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #61 on: March 03, 2007, 09:04:20 pm »
Would be helpful, but that's up to them to offer if it's not putting them out.

I would like to be self-sufficient if I can though.

brightnclean

« Reply #62 on: March 03, 2007, 09:08:09 pm »
I was just about to type almost exactly what Dave has just said.

I really AM trying to help here Squeaky (Can I call you Rog?) :)

I am beginning to understand just how awkward setting up will be for you but it can be done. OK it means the transfer hose through the house for a few mins every day but that would do the trick for you. One thing to remember.  With RO's you get a waste water pipe which needs to go to drain. All you really need is a downpipe drain though.   Your other but more expensive to run option would be a DI only system which produces water at tap rate with no waste. Maybe one of your mates could bring their tds meter and take your water quality reading for you. Of course maybe someone near you might already have plenty of water and be willing to sell it to you to fill your tank up. It wont cost you much at all and will pay for itself no probs. I sell water to a couple of my mates. 250 ltrs would be £4.00 from me.  Then all you might need is a DI vessel for topping up if needed.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #63 on: March 03, 2007, 09:22:31 pm »
I'm off out for a bit now, to spend some money I don't really have. ;D

Now that the situation is known, hopefully someone can tell me who to buy the kit from.
All one order though please (if I can).

Cheers, Rog.

ps...thanks for the help so far. :)
Catch you later...

rugby

« Reply #64 on: March 03, 2007, 09:33:40 pm »
i was in cwmbran today "not far from chepstow" and tested the tds,it was 175pm, i think the water in chepstow will be roughly the same tds.i think 175 is a little high to go di only,so i think rog will have to to get an RO, or di resin might not last too long

Roy Harding

« Reply #65 on: March 03, 2007, 09:52:13 pm »
Roger

I have a brand new shurflow 60 psi pump here in the box that you can have to get you started.

Roy

Bazzy1999

« Reply #66 on: March 03, 2007, 09:54:09 pm »
Ive got a few bits he can have (free) but he wants everything in one delivery.

Bazz..

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #67 on: March 04, 2007, 12:07:17 am »
That's great guys, cheers.

Would it be a problem tough, ordering a complete system minus those bits?

And what system do I buy?

« Reply #68 on: March 04, 2007, 12:26:19 am »
Hi Rog.

Write down all the bits you have been offered, i think you will find your getting close to a system. So far i think your short of:

water tank
poles
Di bottle
varistream
a few connections

Amasing, all the grief you have given us & we are here for you  :-*

Pj

« Reply #69 on: March 04, 2007, 09:54:25 am »
Sorry i meant to ask

Whats the psi after the booster pump?

75psi into the RO

My mains pressure is useless without boost.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #70 on: March 04, 2007, 10:08:03 am »
Rog,

You are quite welcome to the odd cup of water ::)

Get yourself kitted out with van and WFP system and all you need do is drop around after work and fill up your tank, if you have a van with a 350l tank I should just about be able to keep you topped up.
Slip me a fiver a week and we're sorted ;)

You can then work on ideas to get yourself more self sufficient.

Maybe Emma's parents will let you source a tank at their place?

You could even get an IBC tank and put it next to the one I have, currently I'm not on a meter, so water costs are not a problem.

Our water pressure is 85psi, so we might even be able to run two R/O's side by side, or, failing that, set up a booster pump.

In time you might find you can affort to upgrade to a more expensive 4040 R/O and connect it up for an hour or two to fill up at home.
With a system fitted in the van it also gives you the option of connecting up to a customer's outside tap and filling up as you work, or have your lunch break.

We can soon get you started dude ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

brightnclean

« Reply #71 on: March 04, 2007, 10:34:17 am »
Rog,

You are quite welcome to the odd cup of water ::)

Get yourself kitted out with van and WFP system and all you need do is drop around after work and fill up your tank, if you have a van with a 350l tank I should just about be able to keep you topped up.
Slip me a fiver a week and we're sorted ;)

You can then work on ideas to get yourself more self sufficient.

Maybe Emma's parents will let you source a tank at their place?

You could even get an IBC tank and put it next to the one I have, currently I'm not on a meter, so water costs are not a problem.

Our water pressure is 85psi, so we might even be able to run two R/O's side by side, or, failing that, set up a booster pump.

In time you might find you can affort to upgrade to a more expensive 4040 R/O and connect it up for an hour or two to fill up at home.
With a system fitted in the van it also gives you the option of connecting up to a customer's outside tap and filling up as you work, or have your lunch break.

We can soon get you started dude ;)

Ian

Mr Giles sir.

You are indeed a gentleman!!!  :)

Rog.

From what I see you have just about been offered everything you need to get set up now. Pump from Roy Harding, pole from Ronaldo, Water supply from Ian.  You need a tank. reel, hose, and I would advise an electronic flow controller.  You could easily be up and running in a few days after getting your van.

Despite all of your anti wfp rantings (Tongue in cheek I think) I reckon you are well respected around this forum. I've cerainly enjoyed watching some of your posts  :)

Swallow the old pride thing mate and take the offers of help. Its a rare thing nowadays to see people freely offer stuff and advice to help a fellow human being out.

Ian.. I am looking to set up another small van system. Where can you get a 350 ltrs tank from? All I see is 250 or 400 ltr ones as standard.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #72 on: March 04, 2007, 11:08:23 am »

Ian.. I am looking to set up another small van system. Where can you get a 350 ltrs tank from? All I see is 250 or 400 ltr ones as standard.

Do you know, I'm not sure! ???

I know that Peter Fogwill at Aquaclean (Broxburn cleaning) does a 350l trailer system, so I would presume the Peter would know where to souce the tank itself from...
Possibly so would a few of the other suppliers if you ran them direct.

I'm also sure I've read on Gardiners site that they can get a tank custom made, so that may be the only other way of getting a 350l tank...

www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #73 on: March 04, 2007, 11:31:46 am »
Brilliant Ian! :D
Thanks a lot mate. ;)

It would only be for so long anyway, as when the money is rolling in I'll be moving to a "proper" house!

All I have to do now is have a good look around later for the right kit at the best price.

Any pointers in the right direction appreciated.
Purefreedom maybe?

I'm off to Cardiff now for the day, but I really must make a decision tonight and order tomorrow.

Cheers. (I'm quite excited now :o)

Tosh

« Reply #74 on: March 05, 2007, 05:33:51 pm »
Come on Squeaky, your a bright chap, why do you want everyone to hand it on a plate for you, read the advice and make a decision yourself.

There must be 40 diferent ways to set up, but you have to be happy with it!

Bear,

It's scary when you first start to make the move to WFP; I remember this forum was tortured with many of your posts asking similar questions when you were about to embark on WFP; or have you forgotten about them?

Anyway, Roger has asked me about poles.

He's after a light pole, capable of doing ground and first floor; on a budget.

I recommended the Unger Pole.  It's cheap and it's definately lighter than fibre-glass.

Did I advise correctly?

AuRavelling79

« Reply #75 on: March 05, 2007, 05:47:20 pm »
Squeaky - don't forget to notify your customers very soon - do it in writing (don't just turn up) and include all the reasons - H&S is your focus point and if you're brave enough tell'em the price is going up!

And be positive - frames are included - nice and shiny etc.
It's a game of three halves!

Tosh

« Reply #76 on: March 05, 2007, 06:02:15 pm »
Bear,

That's awfull!  Did you really push that through your customer's letter boxes?

How many did you lose?

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #77 on: March 05, 2007, 06:20:49 pm »
This is what I use a slightly altered version of what was on here.
                             CMS WINDOW CLEANING 

The Water Fed Pole System

Dear Customer,

Your upstairs windows will be cleaned shortly using a method that will soon become the industry standard – The Water Fed Pole System 
The system uses extendable poles and 100% pure water that has been purified through reverse osmosis & de-ionization vessels.

We are now using this technology for a number of reasons:

1). BETTER CLEANING RESULTS – The major advantage of pure water is that it absorbs large amounts of dirt from your windows. The process involves brushing your windows clean with pure water; as such they will be left wet and will need time to dry naturally. This may be a bit disconcerting at first, as obviously this is not what our customers are used to. However, once dry your windows WILL be clean and smear free.

2). HEALTH & SAFETY – A new legislation from Europe now limits the use of ladders. The law now states that ladders can only be used when all viable alternatives have been considered, and now The Water Fed Pole System is seen as a safer and more viable alternative for window cleaning.

3). ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY – Only pure water is used, eliminating the need for detergents and chemicals.

4). IMPROVED SERVICE – We can now reach with ease previously inaccessible aspects of your property. Hard to reach windows above conservatory’s, Third floor windows, skylights, etc…

Please note that if your windows have been cleaned in the past using detergents or chemicals it may take 2 or 3 visits using our Water Fed Pole System to remove soapy residue, this may result in minor spotting on your windows. However please be assured that once this is cleared you will be more than happy with the results.

My aim is to continue to provide a high level of service. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns regarding the above or any other aspect of our services.
                                                    Thanks Chris.                         

Tel
Sussex by the sea

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #78 on: March 05, 2007, 06:24:59 pm »
I wonder where you got that from

Tosh

« Reply #79 on: March 05, 2007, 06:27:42 pm »
This is awful!

Sample Letter

Dear Customer

We are pleased to inform all our clients of some important changes we have made to our business.

In April 2005, ... [etc]

It is really bad.  Sorry, Bear, but it is.

In the second and third paragraphs of your document, you cite 'this new law' THREE times.

It's not a law; it's a regulation; (I'm sure there's a difference), but my point here is that repetitive wording is naff; and I haven't went through the rest of the text either.  I bet there's more!

I'm not giving you a digging; you just obviously haven't worked in a field where written communication has been required.  Where-as I have.

There's plenty of guys here earning far more than me; even though my English is better; so I hope I'm not comming across as arrogant.

I feel a bit naff for pointing it out.

PS.

I plaguarised David of St Ives's letter of explanation; and just corrected his spelling mistakes! ;D