This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Pricing up WFP.
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 08:48:56 pm »
You are making perfect sence Rog.

I went to Tucker, i lease my mount for all the reasons you state. I booked my van in & 2 days after dropping my van off i was working. I have many changes i have made over the 16 months but they work for me.

I think you should consider a lease as the payments are small & the turn over will more than cover it.

Since i've switched 16 months ago all my work is completed on time every 4 weeks, this is the first winter i have had every bill paid. I'm not trying to big up Wfp but its the way to go Rog.

Macc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 08:56:00 pm »
Thing is I don't want any more payments at the moment and I've been offered some money to borrow to do it.

Next question:

I live in a house up 14 steps and my car ( or van...) is parked on the road.

I don't want to have to attach a hose down to it overnight.
Is there a way to fill it and it purifies on board overnight?
Or is that expensive?

Otherwise how do you purify in a tank and feed it in afterwards? ???

« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 09:00:04 pm »
worst case scenario is you purify in your kitchen into 25litre barrels and carry them to vehicle. This is not ideal.

« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 09:02:44 pm »
I have a static RO in my shed. 650ltr holding tank with a 300gpd RO from Gardiners. RO set up was about £700 all in.

Takes me 10 mins to transfer water to van mount tops  ;D

Pj

« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 09:08:57 pm »
If you could borrow enough, get an RO system like mine.
I connect my mains to the RO and fill straight into my van tank.  I don't store any water.  I produce 400 litres of pure in just over an hour ;)
Outside tap, half inch hose into booster pump, into RO, into resin vessel, through half inch garden hose straight into van.
I get home, stick the hozelock connector into my van tank, turn on the water and booster pump, have a cuppa, get cleaned up and changed, check the tank....full!  Switch off, ready for tomorrow!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2007, 09:10:14 pm »
Perfect PJ!
That's the bugger I need!

Bet it costs loads though. :(

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 09:15:55 pm »
Hi Squeaky,

Sorry to hear of your injury, not good.

Glad that you are considering WFP.

First step to getting things sorted is to put your prices up! If you lose a few customers you will still be getting the same money for less work (got to be good for your health)

Good to hear that you can raise the money, it will be well worth it. Here is an idea that many have done, take out a new credit card with an interest free offer on new purchases (egg do a great one that lets you transfer money to your bank account), then you can go to one or two suppliers and buy everything on the card. Saves quite a bit in interest payments.

My take on what you need is

2 poles - £200 approx (drop me an email, I have some Super-Lite parts lying around that, with a few new parts can be made into a very nice 4 section 24ft pole)
and also a 12ft extender with an SL brush, which is very light and more adaptable than the Super-Lite for smaller domestic work.  This will give you a fantastically light pole set-up which is where most of your thought needs to go as you are nursing an injury.

RO system - £150 approx(this will save you money hand over fist within just a few months) buy a small 200gpd type system coupled to a good size holding tank, say a 1000litre IBC (a few quid if you know where to go)

Transfer hose and shut-off valve 20m 11/4" £47 + £14.25
If as you say you are down 14 steps then you may well be able to gravity feed the tank in your vehicle. So all you will need is some hose to do so, 1" 1/4 transfer hose will be the fastest but also more expensive, so choose whether you are prepared to wait half-an-hour to fill your tank. You will also need a shut off valve on the vehicle end to save flooding your vehicle. Or add a submersible pump to do it in about 4 minutes.

Now to your vehicle

400 litre flat tank - £153+£20 delivery (or try and buy one second hand)

60psi Flojet and strainer(essential) £122.40

Connecting 1/2" hose, jubilee clips, Hozelock endstop, tank elbow, £12 approx

60m Hozelock hosereel (do not get anything heavier) £27

60m microbore and fitting kit - £44.35

And that is it.

Total cost = £790 + vat + £30 delivery
= £963 total

Ways to reduce this cost
Buy a second hand tank (save about £90)
Buy a cheaper RO unit off ebay (100gpd) it will be slower but you will have an IBC to give you a reserve (save £75)
Buy an 18ft Universal pole with SL brush, not as light as the 2 pole set-up above but cheaper to start with (save £120)
Use your own garden hose reel ( save £31.70) but do not sacrifice the microbore!

New total £647 total.

I have based all prices from our website for simplicity, but these products can obviously be bought elsewhere.

Pj

« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 10:22:41 pm »
Perfect PJ!
That's the bugger I need!

Bet it costs loads though. :(

New = about £800

I'll look out for used for you.

At least you know, even though you've argued with almost everyone here for months and months.... everybody loves you!

Except Turbo Terry ;D

JohnL

« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 10:58:26 pm »
What ever you do now Rog do not back off the idea of going wfp. Its a lot of faffing around but in all respects as a user its far better in running a more profitable business.

Anyway, I do like the idea of Alex's separate credit card to fund your requirements. I may adopt that for myself as my part time WC business is proving very rewarding and am thinking of moving forward a bit to cater for the increase in business.

I wish you all the best in your deliberations mate   :)

West Somerset. On the edge of the Quantocks and looking at The Exmoor National Park.

brett walker

« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2007, 05:59:39 pm »
Rog

like many have said to you before dont knock til you have tried it dont listen to customers that complain about wfp they have obviously had someone doing it with bad results.
Done correctly as long as you work is suitable for it you will be ok, when reading your post i can see you are concienious when doing your trad work so i can see you just doing the same if you go wfp.
I went into wfp because i had a knee injury but it has taken me a year to get into it properly i used to think what the hell have i done but now i wouldnt go back on ladders for all the tea in china ;D

Is there any chance of tagging along with Ian and Tosh to the show? my twin room is available 13th and 14th so thats your accomodation sorted as long as you dont snore or sleepwalk :P 
The show will give you chance to check different poles out and talk to different people about wfp

Hope it all works out for you

Brett

« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2007, 06:37:57 pm »
WATER TANK 250LTR    £110.45
PUMP                            £99.87
POLE 4 FOOT      £57.57
POLE 21 FOOT      £94.00
HOSE 100MTR MICROBORE   £152.75
DI POLISHING UNIT    £23.67
RESIN          £23.67
VARIOUS POLE/HOSE FITTINGS ABOUT £30.00
SWITH FOR PUMP   £10.00
LEISURE BATTERY   £75.00

SO ALL STARTED WITHOUT RO  £676.98

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2007, 07:23:33 pm »
That sounds alright Easyclean, but is that a lightweight pole, and is that all from the same supplier?

I've really got to get this sorted in the next few days, then that gives me until the following week (if I'm fit) to get started.

I still don't know how to set all this up, but I imagine I'd be able to get Ian or Tosh to show me.

I've no outside tap either.

brightnclean

« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2007, 08:02:10 pm »
Squeaky.

I am really sorry that you are going through a difficult time but I am beginning to doubt this whole thread. All I see is one excuse after another not to go down the wfp route despite all the very good advice given. Now we are told you dont have an outside tap. Sorry mate but I think you know whats needed to set up a simple wfp system. After all from what I can see you have been around the forum long enough to have a grip on the basics and it also looks like you have plenty of WC'ers you know who use wfp in your area.

I know one guy who lives in a 4th floor flat and still manages to produce Ro'd water and get it into his van. You can do it within your budget give or take a few quid and have a very decent set up. If you want something badly enough or just have to do it to make a living then you can do it. If not then dont bother.

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2007, 08:13:11 pm »
Squeaky.

I am really sorry that you are going through a difficult time but I am beginning to doubt this whole thread. All I see is one excuse after another not to go down the wfp route despite all the very good advice given. Now we are told you dont have an outside tap. Sorry mate but I think you know whats needed to set up a simple wfp system.
No I don't, I haven't a clue, that's the whole point.
It might require a banana and a lava lamp for all I know.

They're not excuses they're questions. >:(
I am going to do this, but I don't bloody know the first thing about it.

I've had plenty of good advice about prices and different types of systems, but a lot of it is jargon to me.

I've no idea how it works, apart from the actual cleaning bit.
If I had some sort of diagram it might make sense.

007 or what

« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2007, 08:21:08 pm »
Hi PJ

"If you could borrow enough, get an RO system like mine.
I connect my mains to the RO and fill straight into my van tank.  I don't store any water.  I produce 400 litres of pure in just over an hour
Outside tap, half inch hose into booster pump, into RO, into resin vessel, through half inch garden hose straight into van.
I get home, stick the hozelock connector into my van tank, turn on the water and booster pump, have a cuppa, get cleaned up and changed, check the tank....full!  Switch off, ready for tomorrow!"

007 or what

« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2007, 08:22:28 pm »
Sorry i meant to ask

Whats the psi after the booster pump?

brightnclean

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2007, 08:39:07 pm »
OK Squeaky  this is no oil painting but it shows the sequence for you. You could set up the water purificatin in an hour max. Getting an outside tap cant be too much of a prob.. or is it? It would be my set up given your circumstances. All this could be set up for 700 ish if you take up Ronaldo's offer of his pole which wont be too heavy at all.

[

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2007, 08:49:27 pm »
Thanks, that's better.
So it's just tap into purifiers, into tank, and pumped to the van.
Sounds easy enough...but...

Two awkward things.(not excuses, I want this)

If I can get a tap fitted it would have to be off the kitchen, which sadly is at the back, and I'm in a terrace. :(

I couldn't put a tank out the front anyway with my sloping garden, and of course it's a rented house.

My back "garden" is small, so I couldn't really manage more than a 250L water butt.

I'd have to have a permanent hose through the house or over the roof!

Wish I had my own drive, I really do. :-\

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2007, 08:50:38 pm »
I'm just trying to paint the entire picture so that I can find out exactly what I want.

I need to get ordering, but don't want something I can't practically use.

dave0123

« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2007, 08:53:32 pm »
I'd have to have a permanent hose through the house or over the roof!

How i see it is you would only need to run it through your house 2 fill your van up? you could take it away then untill the next fill?? dont see how it would need to be permantly laid there squeaky.

Im trad at the moment i might be wrong but jus how i seen it
Dave
Dave.