This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Pricing up WFP.
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2007, 09:44:17 am »
Sorry I can't really answer your original question (which I forgot to mention in my earlier post).  I'm not too clued up on start-up costs.  I took a more expensive route and got a 3 year old van and paid (as in borrowed the money for) for a tank and system.  My start-up costs were pretty high to what you are looking at.
I know it may seem a bad idea right now, but sometimes it is better to think in terms of the monthly repayments rather than the total loan cost. Then take those monthly repayments and figure out how much (per month) extra you could earn with WFP (once the first cleans are out of the way).  Bear in mind that there will be work open to you that previously was closed.  Although it is fair to say that there will probably be work that will be less suitable with WFP, it is normally true that these jobs are the ones that you may wish to replace anyway.  It sounds like you are faster with a squeegee than I was so maybe the earnings benefits will not be so remarkable.
I've still not answered your original question I know but hopefully there's something in there to give you a bit of food for thought.

rugby

« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2007, 09:50:46 am »
Ian Giles or Tosh, whats the tds of your tap water - di only might be ok.

im moving to cwmbran soon,not that far from chepstow,so id also be interested in finding out the tds of the mains supply,i always thought  s/Wales water had a very low tds,so squeaky might well get away with a di system only.if so could knock £200 or so off his start up cost

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2007, 10:03:49 am »
Ian Giles or Tosh, whats the tds of your tap water - di only might be ok.

im moveing to cwmbran soon,not that far from chepstow,so id also be interested in finding out the tds of the mains supply,i always thought  s/Wales water had a very low tds,so squeaky might well get away with a di system only.if so could knock £200 or so off his start up cost

I'm not local to the area but I believe that water is harder in South Wales but is soft in North Wales. 

ronaldo

« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2007, 12:28:07 pm »
Rog, ive got an 18ft aluminium pole that i dont use anymore, your more than welcome to it if you want it, its something you have,nt got to buy and it will do to get you going let me no if you decide to change and you can have it ok mate.
A bad days fishing is better than a good days work !

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2007, 02:22:25 pm »
Thanks Ronaldo, but I think I'll have to have something fairly light, otherwise I'm defeating the object of going wfp.

I don't want to put unnecessary strain on my shoulder and arm.
I know it will cost me more, but I can't do it otherwise. :-\

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2007, 04:15:35 pm »
Rog

The alluminium pole wont be to heavy

I would buy an extender 18 ' pole £100
di vessel -- ebay---£40
resin bag of £80
250 litre van tank or 125 litre car tank £100- £150
pump £60 - £100
use your own garden hose for now or borrow one

there you go a complete starter package for £400 ish.

You can upgrade as you earn the dosh.

I know a di is more expensive in the long term but it will get you going the cheapest possible way.

If you take ronaldos pole the you will just need an unger cranked joint and a lightweight tescos brush for about £3.00

Dave

Paul Edwards

« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2007, 04:20:00 pm »
**aka Ionic Systems**

H h20

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2007, 04:21:31 pm »

Paul Edwards

« Reply #28 on: March 02, 2007, 04:41:46 pm »
Not if you buy something else as well. (free postage if order is over £100)
**aka Ionic Systems**

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2007, 04:44:34 pm »
free postage from loads of places

Paul Edwards

« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2007, 04:46:00 pm »
So it's not £80 for a bag of resin it's £72.85
**aka Ionic Systems**

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2007, 04:55:38 pm »
£79 - £83 is pretty much the norm inc vat and delivery

pjulk

« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2007, 06:09:31 pm »
If i was you i would get a 400ltr tank you don't have to have it full and its a better size if you get a bigger van and they are not a great deal more than a 250 ltr.

From gardiners
100 Metres Microbore                                                  £57.20
Bayer Mixed Bed Resin Beads 25 litre                          £59.50
18 ft predator pole                                                      £84.00
400 Litre water tank flat                                              £153.00
19 Litre Refurbished DI Pressure Canister                   £45.00
Heavy duty 60 mtr (100 mtr microbore) hose reel       £54.00

Subtotal                 £472.20
                             Shipping (First Class Post)        £49.90
                                              VAT charge              £91.37
                                                   Total                  £613.47

100PSI SHURFLO PUMP from pure freedom or ebay                 £79.99 delivered                       
1-Inline TDS meterfrom ebay                                                   £15.99 delivered
Submersible water pump 400 watt ebay                                 £19.99 + £8.95 postage
20 mtrs of transfer hose from stream                                     £37.25 delivered                                       
Battery 85amp                                                                       £40 approx
Water Butt                                                                             £40 approx
webbing straps for tank                                                         £15 approx

Total     £861.69 which includes vat and delivery

I think your £700 budget is a bit tight

Tou could knock £70 off that price if you went to B&Q and bought 50mtrs of standard hose on a reel

Paul

Paul Coleman

« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2007, 06:19:13 pm »
If i was you i would get a 400ltr tank you don't have to have it full and its a better size if you get a bigger van and they are not a great deal more than a 250 ltr.

From gardiners
100 Metres Microbore                                                  £57.20
Bayer Mixed Bed Resin Beads 25 litre                          £59.50
18 ft predator pole                                                      £84.00
400 Litre water tank flat                                              £153.00
19 Litre Refurbished DI Pressure Canister                   £45.00
Heavy duty 60 mtr (100 mtr microbore) hose reel       £54.00

Subtotal                 £472.20
                             Shipping (First Class Post)        £49.90
                                              VAT charge              £91.37
                                                   Total                  £613.47

100PSI SHURFLO PUMP from pure freedom or ebay                 £79.99 delivered                       
1-Inline TDS meterfrom ebay                                                   £15.99 delivered
Submersible water pump 400 watt ebay                                 £19.99 + £8.95 postage
20 mtrs of transfer hose from stream                                     £37.25 delivered                                       
Battery 85amp                                                                       £40 approx
Water Butt                                                                             £40 approx
webbing straps for tank                                                         £15 approx
                                                                                 Total     £861.69

I think your £700 budget is a bit tight

Tou could knock £70 off that price if you went to B&Q and bought 50mtrs of standard hose on a reel

Paul

Nicely researched Paul but personally I would pass on standard hose.  I started that way and the kinking really p'd me off.  Hoselock pro was better but still kinked sometimes so I ended up with Tricoflex which seems fine.  I know it will add to the price but remembering how frustrating I found the hose kinks, I reckon that starting with a decent hose is a must.  As rog has some physica problem, maybe going in with a lighter microbore would be a good idea even.  Not doing microbore myself yet but I reckon I will once my Tricoflex gives up the ghost.

pjulk

« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2007, 06:28:55 pm »
I agree i personally would not go for the cheaper hose but i put that in as squeeky is trying to do it on a tight budget.

Myself i use minibore as i was not getting the flow i like with microbore but im only using 60 psi pumps if i had 100 psi pumps i would definitely go microbore.

Paul

AuRavelling79

« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2007, 06:29:22 pm »
Deffo microbore on a decent reel - so much easier.
It's a game of three halves!

« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2007, 07:30:51 pm »
Hi Rog.  ;D

All the best mate, its the best move i've made.

I have a brand new reel with Tricoflex on. Microbore is the thing you need but if you want to save a few quid for a couple of months & then get the microbore, if you pay the postage its yours mate  ;).

Macc

« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2007, 07:38:14 pm »
Rog, ive got an 18ft aluminium pole that i dont use anymore, your more than welcome to it if you want it, its something you have,nt got to buy and it will do to get you going let me no if you decide to change and you can have it ok mate.

Rog.

As you know i run Tucker & they are ally, trust me they are not heavy.

I have damaged Tendons in my arm, i switched to Wfp because of my elbows, they were bad & my shoulders were ripped a year ago. Now i can really live with.

Macc

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2007, 08:26:30 pm »
Cheers for all your help and suggestions guys.
I don't know who's ideas and offers to take up!
Macc, I'll get back to you on the hose though probably.

My latest thought...

If I get bits and parts from various different cheap sources it seems a lot of bother.
1: I'll pay postage on each part.
2: Some may take 3 days, some 7 days some 10 days..etc...
3: I'll have to wait in on tuesday for the tank, wednesday for the hose...etc... >:(

If I buy a whole system I know I'll pay more for the privelege because someone's obviously making a few quid from selling them, but one payment and the whole lot (pretty much) turns up in one van. :)

E-bay a good bet for this?
Not second hand in auctions, I want brand new and know how much I'm paying!

I'm making sense aren't I?

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2007, 08:34:25 pm »
try purefreedom for a complete package of good value parts

Dave