Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Re: Ionics pro 10
« Reply #60 on: March 01, 2007, 09:31:13 pm »
Also if it was solved in 1970 you'd think that 10% of demand would have been surpassed by now.Some very clever people have looked at this.

Paul Edwards

« Reply #61 on: March 01, 2007, 09:35:13 pm »
Yeah, and Nuclear energy only accounts for 16.9% of the Worlds electricity supply, and your point is?
**aka Ionic Systems**

twt

« Reply #62 on: March 01, 2007, 09:40:24 pm »
some people are talking some rubbish tonight

"zero waste ro - do you know how it works?  It passes the brine water from the ro into a mixed resin bed!"

i dont usually defend big companies is that really how its done? i dont think so

"Cost and scaleability. If it had been cracked hundreds of miles ,sorry make that thousands,of sqaure miles of arid desert could be irrigated. Don't you think Geldoff would have some of that for Africa?"

it doesn't pay to supply poor people with things they need. when i say poor i don't mean they cant afford a holiday i mean they can afford the food to stop hunger pains.

"I hope you are not another one of them plants they keep sending onto the forum. "

could this be what you are?

« Reply #63 on: March 01, 2007, 09:42:38 pm »
The Point is that this water is desperatly needed, as I said cost and saleability prevent it from becoming widely available. The nuclear debate is a different one where politicians and people actively appose it because of enviromental issues.

If water could be produced widely cheaply and in quantity it change not countries but continents.

So thats my point and it's not such a bad one.

JM123

« Reply #64 on: March 01, 2007, 10:00:30 pm »
philip just ring them - where does all the salt go to?  Its highly unlikely that they have fitted a condensing unit to their systems :D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Edwards

« Reply #65 on: March 01, 2007, 10:22:58 pm »
The west could do a lot to help third world countries and to a degree they do, but we can barely afford to build roads, schools, hospitals and even overcome droughts in our own country. Wealthy Arab states etc can and do operate huge desalination plants to provide drinking water for their people, its not impossible, the clever bods have done it and that's that.
**aka Ionic Systems**

JM123

« Reply #66 on: March 01, 2007, 11:43:24 pm »
Paul do you know how a desalination plant works?
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Ian_Giles

« Reply #67 on: March 02, 2007, 06:42:12 am »
People...
There are going to be as few deleted posts here!

No offence to anyone, some good comments...but this isn't the section for a discussion about the third world problems!

No time now, got to get to work, please stick to the debate on the Ionics pro 10

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

AuRavelling79

« Reply #68 on: March 02, 2007, 06:59:45 am »
People...
There are going to be as few deleted posts here!

No offence to anyone, some good comments...but this isn't the section for a discussion about the third world problems!

No time now, got to get to work, please stick to the debate on the Ionics pro 10

Ian

'Morning Ian!

In my view the Pro-10 has not been produced to help the arid part of the third world with it's fresh water problems.  ;)

No doubt the manufacturer will tell us how we cannot do without it and if that is true I will buy one.

(Or if my business can survive awhile and I am convinced I need one I will eventually build one myself that will do an acceptable job - with the help of you people on this site! ;D)
It's a game of three halves!

Pj

« Reply #69 on: March 02, 2007, 01:16:55 pm »
I hope, however it dries the window that it is powerful enough to dry the frame as well and into all the cracks and crevices.  Otherwise it's back to drippy drip spotty spot!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #70 on: March 02, 2007, 10:26:03 pm »

Tosh

« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2007, 10:28:48 pm »

Pj

« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2007, 10:37:23 pm »
Got in der himmell!

dai

« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2007, 10:45:50 pm »
I have read some crazy things tonight too.
WFP on the insides! what kind of air pressure would you need to make 1.5 litres a minute disappear into thin air?
An ordinary hand blow dryer uses 2300 watts. What kind of leisure battery would you need to blow dry windows?
Unless you use a Genny, you would use your van payload up in battery weight.
At best, this system could only blow the water to the side of the frame. What about multi pane windows? Where does the water go from the top panes?
More questions than answers. I would have to see it working to believe it. Dai

« Reply #74 on: March 02, 2007, 11:22:06 pm »
In true Ionics style they've got us talking about it.
If it can be used indoors then it's a suction system ala carpet cleaning system (spray, scrub, suck).
Now, this might make sense on commercial premises but RULE IT OUT for domestic unless the pipework is 100% clean and you don't knock over items in the household and don't wet/dirty the carpets.
We don't always get the full picture, and when the last idea was lauched (ie zero waste) they didn't mention that the initial waste water went back through the system again and then again. Yes, zero waste, but the tds would reach daft figures after a while, net result, extra sales of membranes etc.
As long as this is marketed at the internal commercial no carpet arena then fine, but for the everyday WC-er...No

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2007, 09:09:50 am »
now you know y we dont need or want one ::) :o ;D :-X any one thats is ;D

I can just see it now as your drying the windows the air flow blows off the ladys
nickers off the line down the road they go,all in a days work ;D :o
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #76 on: March 03, 2007, 12:40:13 pm »

Count Phil

« Reply #77 on: March 03, 2007, 01:20:06 pm »
So it does suck it up. No need to use pure water then, if it's all recovered?
I can see people prefering that, but think of the expense!! It's got to take longer surely...

*foxman

« Reply #78 on: March 03, 2007, 06:35:10 pm »
the word GIMICK springs to mind

« Reply #79 on: March 03, 2007, 07:51:30 pm »
I've softened a bit. Ionics have to have some credit for trying to push the boundaries.And no one would argue that it isn't a stamp of quality if you have that wash and reach logo on the side of your van.They are at the forefront of the industry, and to a degree we as a group are probably more resistant to change than our customers are. After all we/I don't like it when they (customers)can't see the clear and obvious advantages of WFP. Some people don't like it, and have a closed mind on the subject, and on the topic of dry windows maybe we are the same.

I have also had time to reflect that my comments on 'plants' were ill advised. If such people exist with us then that is a good thing. The R&D is being matched by listening to the comments and grumbles of real window cleaners(we are their customers), and they can alter strategy and products according which can only be a good thing.How would we like it if they didn't listen?

So I am apologising and saying we all benefit from advances. Now about my Bird muck remover that I have invented is there any chance that you'll be in touch. Picture below