Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: Ionics pro 10
« Reply #40 on: March 01, 2007, 06:44:28 pm »
why dont you all wait to see it instead of knocking it.

If it works which i assume it does and it has been stated it is just as quick then that has to be brilliant, i will be first in the cue as i hate to leave the windows wet.

Dave

I can't see me buying one as I am already stretched financially but who knows where I will be at in a couple of years or so.  Although I ewonder if it's overkill, I would be very interested to see it in action.

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #41 on: March 01, 2007, 06:45:57 pm »
I cant see it blowing if you can use it inside.

Suck or Blow ?

What do you think ?

Dave

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #42 on: March 01, 2007, 06:49:17 pm »
Has to be suck surely.
Sussex by the sea

Paul Edwards

« Reply #43 on: March 01, 2007, 07:26:16 pm »
I think the April Fool suggestion falls down because today's the first of March!
**aka Ionic Systems**

JM123

« Reply #44 on: March 01, 2007, 07:45:20 pm »
Ian you mentioned zero waste ro - do you know how it works?  It passes the brine water from the ro into a mixed resin bed!  I can assure its another one of Ionics 'nice little earners' where customers have to keep coming back for 'filters'.  Trust me if NASA and all the top engineering firms in the world can't produce zero waste ro how on earth could Ionics?  They're the biggest *rap talkers in the business.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2007, 07:49:13 pm »
The Isreali's and Arab states would pay billions to convert water from the dead sea into tap water. They are not even bothered about the pure bit.
People don't come any brighter than those, and they can't crack it.

JM123

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2007, 07:52:05 pm »
Curious you're dead right with that one mate - I studied at Uni with a jordanian guy (really smart guy)

I know enough about engineering from 2 degrees of it (chemical and Mechatronic) to know that Ionics are literally talking out of their derriers

Ballymena N.I

trevor perry

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2007, 07:56:46 pm »

I know enough about engineering from 2 degrees of it (chemical and Mechatronic) to know that Ionics are literally talking out of their derriers

may be this is the hot air they have harnessed to dry windows with there new machine lol
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Paul Coleman

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2007, 08:01:34 pm »
Ian you mentioned zero waste ro - do you know how it works?  It passes the brine water from the ro into a mixed resin bed!  I can assure its another one of Ionics 'nice little earners' where customers have to keep coming back for 'filters'.  Trust me if NASA and all the top engineering firms in the world can't produce zero waste ro how on earth could Ionics?  They're the biggest *rap talkers in the business.

I didn't know it worked that way.  Surely that costs loads in resin?  It's bad enough if it's just tap water going through it.  Just to give an example;  In my area, tap TDS is about 200 so I use an RO.  The water that comes out of the waste outlet was about 320 the last time I checked.  I paid for an RO to reduce my running costs rather than add to them.

Mind you this Pro 10 thing is supposed to be suitable for cleaning inside windows too.  Unless someone is having a wind - up, that onew fact alone could make a huge difference.  I think of all the entrance ways to offices that are two storeys high.  There are quite a few like that around my way.  I used to do one of them off a triple 3.5 metre ladder ducking and diving around all the beams (this was in the early 90s before WFP was around with any conviction).

JM123

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2007, 08:04:27 pm »
ring Ionics and ask them where the salts etc from the tap water go to in their zero waste system.

I'd bet you'll get a lot of uhhs and errs and then the phone will go dead.

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2007, 08:05:35 pm »

may be this is the hot air they have harnessed to dry windows with there new machine lol

I want to see it in action before passing an opinion.
Mind you, I'm not prepared to break the bank for such a tool - tempting though it would be if it works well.

Pj

« Reply #51 on: March 01, 2007, 08:05:51 pm »
Of one thing I am certain, attendance of window cleaners at the NEC will now be higher than first expected.  Perhaps Ionics did a deal on ticket sales?

Paul Edwards

« Reply #52 on: March 01, 2007, 08:47:50 pm »
The Isreali's and Arab states would pay billions to convert water from the dead sea into tap water. They are not even bothered about the pure bit.
People don't come any brighter than those, and they can't crack it.

Seems they did crack it back in the 1970's, google desalination of seawater and you'll find loads to satisfy your curiousity!

In the 1970s the seawater reverse osmosis process was developed which made potable water from seawater by forcing it under high pressure through a tight membrane thus filtering out salts and impurities.

Here's just one link to follow.

http://www.hohcanarias.net/desstor.html
**aka Ionic Systems**

« Reply #53 on: March 01, 2007, 08:55:42 pm »
Cost and scaleability. If it had been cracked hundreds of miles ,sorry make that thousands,of sqaure miles of arid desert could be irrigated. Don't you think Geldoff would have some of that for Africa?

I hope you are not another one of them plants they keep sending onto the forum.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #54 on: March 01, 2007, 09:02:27 pm »

Bazzy1999

« Reply #55 on: March 01, 2007, 09:04:35 pm »

rhys11

« Reply #56 on: March 01, 2007, 09:10:43 pm »
Sorry but this is a crock, why part with another couple of grand for a hyped up hoover?

well said 
rhys

AuRavelling79

« Reply #57 on: March 01, 2007, 09:21:31 pm »
Sorry but this is a crock, why part with another couple of grand for a hyped up hoover?

well said 

I doubt it will only be a "couple of grand" somehow.
It's a game of three halves!

Paul Edwards

« Reply #58 on: March 01, 2007, 09:23:05 pm »
At 110,000m3/day, the Tuas seawater reverse osmosis (SWRO) plant has sufficient capacity to meet around 10% of the national demand – and at a price which challenges the notion that desalination is a high-cost option.

http://www.coastal.ca.gov/desalrpt/dchap1.html

**aka Ionic Systems**

« Reply #59 on: March 01, 2007, 09:26:37 pm »
Bet you like that turbo thingy too. ;D ;D ;D