Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

matt

Re: Ionics pro 10
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2007, 11:20:17 pm »
Hmmm.

It is hard enough getting a completely spot free finish with pure water.  What complications can you imagine with a warm air blower on the window?
Spots spreading like streaks if you're not really perfect in your finish.
We'll see.

Window cleaning used to be a simple job :(

thats a good point, a small spot is a small spot, a small spot blown up/down/across the window is a series of smaller spots ( which will be easier to see )

i still cannot see the real pont of this, afterall a window with "pure water" dry's clean, whats the point ?? ?? ??

supernova77

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2007, 11:23:26 pm »
i still cannot see the real pont of this, afterall a window with "pure water" dry's clean, whats the point ?? ?? ??

Money for the suppliers!

Andy

matt

« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2007, 11:26:20 pm »

Money for the suppliers!

Andy

Hmmmmmmmmmm i didnt like to say it, thanks for that :)

so, they sell you the best thing since sliced bread for OTT (see what i did there  :P )

then a year or 2 on

Oh hang on, this is better, its a must have, better than the last thing we sold you

if its not broke, then why fix it

oh hang on, Microsoft do it all the time  ;D ;D

Pj

« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2007, 11:41:30 pm »
In their defence, there's a few things about Ionics I like.

I still like their monofilament brushes. 
Even though they warp and twist out of shape in a couple of weeks, I still like the amount of brush hairs on the head, overall a good brush. 

I still like the stainless steel jets they use, they're hard to beat.
I still like the pole hose they use.  They sussed the ideal best -  inside and outside diameter hose.

I still like their poles, but I should think Brodex are giving them a run for their money!

But....

I would love to believe that this new innovation is what it promotes itself as, however....I see trouble!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #24 on: February 28, 2007, 11:43:56 pm »
I look forward to the "blow them dry "    versus       " leave them wet" threads

By the time that happens, everyone will be on "blow them dry" and Squeaky will be arguing to "leave them wet"   ;D  -  and everyone on here will look a bit wrinklier.

Pj

« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2007, 11:46:21 pm »
A FOOL AND HIS MONEY ARE SOON PARTED! 8)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2007, 11:47:44 pm »
I cant wait to see it myself.

I just hope it works, after all as it stands i hate to leave the windows wet.

If it does what it says on the tin, I will be first in the cue to part with my money.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2007, 11:47:51 pm »
Hmmm.

It is hard enough getting a completely spot free finish with pure water.  What complications can you imagine with a warm air blower on the window?
Spots spreading like streaks if you're not really perfect in your finish.
We'll see.

Window cleaning used to be a simple job :(

thats a good point, a small spot is a small spot, a small spot blown up/down/across the window is a series of smaller spots ( which will be easier to see )

To me it sounds more like a matter of aesthetics - just to please the customer when it is not really needed.
I will be very interested to see the line that Ionics take on this after pushing "wet" WFP for so long.  I imagine though that they will be pushing the virtues of both types of WFPing as it would be pretty hard to unravel years of positive marketing.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2007, 11:51:27 pm »
In their defence, there's a few things about Ionics I like.

I still like their monofilament brushes. 
Even though they warp and twist out of shape in a couple of weeks, I still like the amount of brush hairs on the head, overall a good brush. 

I still like the stainless steel jets they use, they're hard to beat.
I still like the pole hose they use.  They sussed the ideal best -  inside and outside diameter hose.

I still like their poles, but I should think Brodex are giving them a run for their money!

But....

I would love to believe that this new innovation is what it promotes itself as, however....I see trouble!

Sure thing.  Ionics are good at what they do.  They may be pricey but they are great on image.  Also, they don't mind throwing money back into the pot for research and development.  Their systems look good too but I prefer a simpler style that is easier to self maintain even if it isn't so pretty.

JM123

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 11:59:42 pm »
Sorry but this is a crock, why part with another couple of grand for a hyped up hoover?
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 12:16:34 am »
Sorry but this is a crock, why part with another couple of grand for a hyped up hoover?

Because it blows rather than sucks?

JM123

« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 12:23:45 am »
sorry, ok it blows - you know what I mean.

Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Ian_Giles

« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 06:21:41 am »
Personally I think it sucks ;D

Seriously though...good for Ionics, we all give them a slating at times on here, they are damn expensive and not all they have is necessarily better than stuff you can get a hell of a lot cheaper, but they are the leaders in the field...they are the ones who have developed zero waste R/O's, they've crash tested their cages, now they have developed a method of drying the windows as you go...

All the R & D they do has to be paid for, so of course they are expensive :-\

I do plenty of jobs where I wish I could get the glass drier, quicker, I have a couple of shops that suit WFP but I have to do they trad because as the traffic goes past, spray (or dust on a dry day) gets up into the atmosphere and if breezy will contaminate the water droplets on the glass and dry as spots, so I always have to do them trad.

So I guess there are going to be plenty of other situations whereby it will be of major benefit to be able to dry your work as you go along.

I can't ever envisage a time when I'll be shelling out several grand for such a system, but I'll warrent that on really big, posh work (top of the line hotels, prestige offices and so on) it would be a major selling point, particularly on high work where the customer doesn't want wet windows for their minted customers to see.

I think we should be giving Ionics a pat on the back for continuing to develop WFP in the way that we do ;)

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 07:31:07 am »
Personally I think it sucks ;D

Seriously though...good for Ionics, we all give them a slating at times on here, they are damn expensive and not all they have is necessarily better than stuff you can get a hell of a lot cheaper, but they are the leaders in the field...they are the ones who have developed zero waste R/O's, they've crash tested their cages, now they have developed a method of drying the windows as you go...

All the R & D they do has to be paid for, so of course they are expensive :-\

I do plenty of jobs where I wish I could get the glass drier, quicker, I have a couple of shops that suit WFP but I have to do they trad because as the traffic goes past, spray (or dust on a dry day) gets up into the atmosphere and if breezy will contaminate the water droplets on the glass and dry as spots, so I always have to do them trad.

So I guess there are going to be plenty of other situations whereby it will be of major benefit to be able to dry your work as you go along.

I can't ever envisage a time when I'll be shelling out several grand for such a system, but I'll warrent that on really big, posh work (top of the line hotels, prestige offices and so on) it would be a major selling point, particularly on high work where the customer doesn't want wet windows for their minted customers to see.

I think we should be giving Ionics a pat on the back for continuing to develop WFP in the way that we do ;)

Ian

As you say Ian, there are some jobs where it would be more suitable to leave dry windows from a cleaning point of view.  However, I think most of it would be as a customer pleaser - even though the end result would probably not be any different.
However, one area where I am wondering if it would make a difference is in coastal areas.  I have seen some negative posts about WFP in areas where there is a lot of salt - particularly from Rosskeseva.  If the salt didn't come off properly with the cleaning then "dry" WFP would make no difference.  However, if the salt in the atmosphere was attaching to the glass after cleaning because the glass was still wet, then this could be a great product for coastal areas.

*strawman69

« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 09:03:56 am »
if this device blows the windows dry after being polewashed how long do you have to wait before their dry. It must mean that the job will take you longer than it does now so whats the point you would be investing money in something that will take you longer to do therefore you will lose money. P;ease correct me if im wrong

*foxman

« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 09:26:43 am »
Might as well get the squeegee out, it will be a lot quick and leaves the window dry!

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 12:34:14 pm »
why dont you all wait to see it instead of knocking it.

If it works which i assume it does and it has been stated it is just as quick then that has to be brilliant, i will be first in the cue as i hate to leave the windows wet.

Dave

trevor perry

« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 12:39:56 pm »
i agree it will be great if it works at least you will walk away seeing the finished product instead of  wondering if they will dry ok i cant wait to see it and i do hope it works .
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Count Phil

« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 04:37:43 pm »
If it dries as you go, maybe it just leaves it mostly dry, when you scrub, lots of water runs off the window any way, maybe this just blows a lot more down the window leaving it drier. hanging around to completly dry the window could be optional?

« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 06:30:17 pm »
I think the physics is that water is blown off the glass-not blown dry, just as happens in a car wash and also if it was in a downward direction gravity would help.If any small residue remained and the water was pure this wouldn't matter.
Dyson have developed a revolutionary hand drier which exploits this.

It could be that I am wrong and they are using a different set of principles.

Matt's point about if it aint broke etc falls down because if this was possible the sales and marketing advantage of any business that had it would be enormous.I still think though that it is an April fool/Marketing hoax.