This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H h20

Adding detergant to WFP idea!
« on: February 27, 2007, 09:37:48 pm »
From time to time we come across those jobs that need a bit more cleaning power than just water so here is a simple idea that could work it can be added in no time,
using a pump up pressure sprayer take off the spray nozzle off the trigger lance and then using a length of hose same as the pole hose and same length running externally  connect it to the trigger then the nozzle to the other end and using some kind of clip to attach it to the end of the pole,brush or neck then you can add any kind of detergant if needed and still be able to use the water seperatley for washing off and rinsing,
Gaz

Spruce

Re: Adding detergant to WFP idea!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:53:27 pm »
Hi

Just put a little of what ever it is you use directly on your brush after you have washed the window, wash/scrub it again with the water off, and then put the water back on and rinse until the window/frame and your brush is clean.

Works for me.

Spruce

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

EasyClean

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:53:51 pm »
You could always use a 'Tucker' mixer bottle and detergent tablets to do the same job but simpler.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

thewindowcleaner1

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 10:17:34 pm »
I use an old brush and pole, wet the window first then dip the old brush into the solution ( I use a weak traffic film remover)(great for those road side first cleans) scrub then rinse with WFP then do the window as normal with WFP.
The secret is not doing as you like but liking what you do
www.thewindowcleaner.biz

johnm

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 10:58:07 pm »
what about a separat 25ltr tank using main pump ???

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 07:53:28 am »
In the past, commercial contracts have wanted me to bleach paintwork, slates, etc.  At that time I had a separate 50 litre trolley which I filled with the chemical mix, used it as standard and then flushed through with pure water afterwards.  If you don't have a separate trolley system, you can fill a 25 litre jerry can with whatever mixture you want to use (detergent, TFR, etc) and then temporarily put the feed from your pump into the jerry can and then back to your main tank when you finish.

Londoner

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 08:16:25 pm »
I can see a use for it on conservatory roofs where they are covered in green algae