This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

warren flynn

help, fire in my backpack!
« on: February 27, 2007, 08:28:19 pm »
hi guys,

i converted over to wfp just over two weeks ago. i bought a trolly system and a backpack from omnipole and poles etc. i work with a mate and one uses the trolly while the other one goes through houses or just works alongside with the backpack.

my first problem was that the wires started to smoke and melt as i changed the battery. i took the backpack back to omnipole who were kind enough to give me a brand new unit.

two days later the new unit would not charge so i opened up the back and had to move the charging point as the wires were pushing against the battery and not connecting properly. very simple job, so i thought. as i put the wires back together the whole thing literally exploded on me. smoke, flames and a lot of foul language.

again back to omnipole. they were absolutely fantastic and said i could take another unit but suggested that maybe i should get another trolly and just use the backpack for the times i really need it, ie, going through terraced houses to clean the backs. i will say they were not at all pushy and were a great help.

i have lost faith in the backpack and feel now like i am just waiting for it to go on me again, and as we all know no work equals no pay.

has anybody else had problems like this or have i just been unlucky? any comments would be much appreciated.

warren

clean team

Re: help, fire in my backpack!
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 09:12:51 pm »
get rid take it back to them and get it changed for another trolley or something.it carnt be good for you to be carrying it around all the time filling it up every couple of houses.they have allways seemed like a bad idea to me to much messing about.get a little tank made for your van/car. i have a 1000l unit i can take it out all my polls and reels in 10 mins.  and put it back in and filled up in 10 mins.you can get custom tanks made for about £250.
i have a 1000l holding tank that is constantly filling up.you can just fill it up when ever you want
hear is a link for custom tanks.there is allso a place on ebay that do them

http://www.gardinerpolesystems.co.uk/acatalog/shop.html

;)

SherwoodCleaningSe

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 09:38:51 pm »
If your customers don't pay you could threaten to explode on them.  :)

Pole2pole

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2007, 12:59:10 am »
I wondered if this post was coming bud. Steve told me a bout it yesterday morning. Wow, i aint heard nothing like it. If i was you i'd go for full refund and if ya want me to help ya, we can get one from ebay...about £120 delivered. I aint had any probs at all. I'm on my second one from the same seller and will go back again aind again and again. It'll take a few weeks to get here but i gotta spare if ya need a very short term replacement. Just call me. And please remember, incidents like this don't happen often, so please, don't have nightmares  ;D ;D ;D

Pole2pole

« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 01:12:30 am »
Oh and as i'm an insomniac tonight....i'll add a bit more. Don't lose faith in it bud. I got a trolley as ya know but i'm using my shurflo backpack solely and nearly every day now. Some day's it's on pretty much non stop for 4 - 5 hours on and off,on and off. I even get the odd electric shock, but jeff assures me it's me and not the pack,right Jeff? lol
So i woudn't subscribe to the idea that you're overusing it(that's Sh*t in my opinion) What IS overuse??? If the battery offers you, say 10 hours usage, how can anything under 10 hours be overusing it? If it aint up to the job,and it's obviously designed for WFP as it's from omnipole,i'd get a refund mate. You know and i know setting up is expensive enough without accepting merchandise that needs replacing after a week or two.
Anyways, i'm off to my pit zzzzzzzzzzzzz
Ya know where i am

Dino

ac_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 07:25:20 am »
Like dino said i also got mine for £123 and use it day in and day out and have not had any problems with it. Take it back and get a full refund.
al

jeff1

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 01:45:36 pm »
Dino's right, its not normally a fault in the back pack, in his case he's just full of static ;D ;D,

I'm begining to wonder if they had a faulty batch?.

I do know that there is not a lot of room in the battery compartment, and when I first had mine I found myself forcing the battery cable into the space left, if you had the same problem, it could be you crushed the cables and caused a short circuit to cause this to happen, I'm not suggesting you did, just saying what could have happened?

Next time you put your battery into the backpack, gather the cable and plug to the side and you will find it all goes in neatly, and you should not have to force it in, if you find you can't turn the locking caps easily, then check your cable, as this is were the fault lies.

There are quite a few guy's on this forum, that use nothing but there backpacks for days in and days out, there a professional bit of kit, so they should be capable of working all day in my opinion.
P.S. Its a good idea to take your battery out completly to charge it.

Tosh

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 03:19:08 pm »
There are quite a few guy's on this forum, that use nothing but there backpacks for days in and days out, there a professional bit of kit,

I'm one of them; they're a class bit of kit.  My first one lasted 14 months and still works apart from the on/off button got a bit tempermental; so I'm using my spare now.

I'm going to order another from e-bay; just so I always have a reserve.

I use mine every working day; mostly for tops only; but I do some large buildings with it too.

It takes a bit of getting used to; finding the easiest way to use it; but I think it's great.

Pole2pole

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 04:08:24 pm »
I had to laugh when they "suggested" you bought another trolley......They'd love that wouldn't they? And bang goes another grand.  :( DOH  :(. Mrs Williams would love it too, muddy tyre marks in the hallway  >:(
It's an essential Warren, not an extra that you can do without. Especially with your kinda work.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 04:28:45 pm »

I'm one of them; ...

I'd never have guessed from your avatar Tosh!  ;D

But seriously - is Warren's a Shurflo or some other kind?
It's a game of three halves!

Jake

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 06:10:47 pm »
Exeter, Devon