This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike_G

Shurflo pump
« on: February 27, 2007, 07:08:08 pm »
I dont seem to be getting a very good flow to my pole from my pump(100psi) I do not use a varistream and use microbore hose. I have turned the adjuster at the bottom of the pump and did not notice any difference to the flow at all, either more or less. Any ideas guys?

Andy@w.c.s

Re: Shurflo pump
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 07:15:45 pm »
Hi Mike
we run two hose reels on our unit and the other day i had to take the full 100mtrs off,
when we rewound the hose
because it was still charged it had a better flow than the other hose reel

on closer inspection the centre of the pipe was collapsing on its self and restricting the flow,
 so now we at the end of the week pull them both off and rewind them charged
 just a thought  :)

Pdh

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 07:58:55 pm »
im having the same problem since turning to microbore 100 mtrs im using a 85psi pump and was going to swapp it to my spare 100psi,im not 100% on microbore i like a good flow,if i turn the pump flow up i get the pump  shutting  off and on because of the pressure building up{i have a bypass valve fitted to my system] which will in time break it. {only used the microbore on three jobs}bought 50 mtrs of trico today good flow which i can moderate better

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 08:29:24 pm »
I dont get any better flow just connecting the pole to the outlet without the microbore, so I think I can rule the microbore out.

EasyClean

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 08:44:59 pm »
I prefer 'minibore' (8mm  inner diameter) as opposed to 'microbore' (6mm internal diameter) with a 75psi pump. No build up of back pressure on the pump, excellent flow rate and reasonably light in comparison to 'tricoflex' (12mm internal diameter). Will reach 60ft in height with 120metres of minbore on a hosereel with no worries.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 06:20:48 am »
I would have thought that with 100psi you should be fine with Microbore, but as you have eliminated that then perhaps it is the pump itself that is faulty?
Or is there a partial blockage between tank and pump? If there is it may be restricting the flow but not stopping it...if you see what I mean?

Prior to going over to microbore I was a keen advocate of having a very high flowrate (fan jets) but I have now found that with needle jets (2mm) I cope with a lesser flowrate, even using the inline valve on my pole hose to turn the flow down even further.
The 100psi pump doesn't cycle at all and the flowrate is more than ample, and doesn't affect the speed I can work at or the quality of the work done either.

I'm a very happy chappie at the moment! ;D

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Mike_G

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 05:13:53 pm »
Changed the hose from tank to pump yesterday and that has made no difference either, I will borrow a pump off my friend over the weekend and see how that goes. Thanks for the suggestions chaps, I will get there eventually