This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff68

Urgent advice neede....
« on: February 27, 2007, 03:44:07 pm »
Hi all.Dose anyone know if cambrian roof tiles(slates) will take the weight of a 12.5 stone man.i.e me!I have quoted to clean guttering and fascias but the back of the house has an extension with a gentle sloping roof.The pitch isn't that steep so I can walk up it easily but conserned about hot fragile tiles are.Any help will be much appreciated.Thanx.

jeff68

Re: Urgent advice neede....
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2007, 03:50:27 pm »
oooops!I also need help with my spelling!!!!!sorry

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 03:57:53 pm »
I personally would not walk on any roof no matter how steep also you have no idea how old the tiles are or in what condition they are , so I wouldnt do it at all

Why do you need to walk on the tiles anyway whats wrong with accessing them normally from underneath ?

Chris

jeff68

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 04:03:29 pm »
Thanx for the reply.I need to climb on to the extension roof to reach the 1st floor windows and guttering etc.These architects never think about these issues when they design stuff.The house is only a few years old.

trevor perry

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 04:15:54 pm »
i would use a cat ladder it hooks over ridge tiles and spreads weight so you wont damage the slates, definately the safest method unless you can clean from floor using extendable powerwash pole with pressure turned down.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 04:23:51 pm »
There is a tile with a very slight curve in it, so you can't walk on them or every one will break, also the pan tiles have a good chance of breaking if you don't walk on them right.
Use a duck board to help you.

jeff68

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 04:40:15 pm »
Thanx Jeff1.Will try that and see how I get on.

EasyClean

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 09:40:53 pm »
you could try a long scaffold board .
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

jeff1

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 09:43:23 pm »
you could try a long scaffold board .

;D ;DThats a basic duck board without the footings ;D ;D

EasyClean

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 09:50:44 pm »
Jeff, I wouldn't know what a duck board is or looked like if it bit me on the arse, hence the scaffold board.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!