This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

chris@c.m.s

Warning signs
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:36:16 pm »
I've only just started using a hose reel with microbore, I'm just wondering how many of you use warning signs, trip hazzard, trailing hoses, ect  and what the possible  concequences would be if an someone did injure themselfs. or do I worry to much  ::) are there any health and safety guidelines covering it ?
Sussex by the sea

AuRavelling79

Re: Warning signs
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 11:45:11 pm »
I always use a trip hazard sign - got it from soapnational for about seven quid.

It used to blow over in the wind so I went to B&Q and bought some metal bar and cut it then screwed, glued and taped it to the base halves to weigh it down.

I could see someone having a legitimate claim if they injured themselves if you didn't put out a warning sign.
It's a game of three halves!

poleman

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2007, 12:11:24 am »
I put a cone out when ever I run a hose across pavement, this is where I got my one from  http://www.windowcleaningwarehouse.co.uk/wcw/ecommerce/index.php?file=product&idcate=78

And no you don't worry to much, as it can happen and someone can sue you but then that's what you have insurance for, I should know as just had a claim for 18k  :o

Andy

Paul Coleman

« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2007, 12:59:12 am »
I lay rubber matting over the hose on the path.  Black matting with yellow border.

007 or what

« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 09:07:19 am »
Hi poleman what was your claim for? :-\

ac_cleaning

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 09:11:50 am »
We put small cones out with rubber matting over hose when ,hose goes across any footpaths.
al

Davew

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 04:02:16 pm »
I lay rubber matting over the hose on the path.  Black matting with yellow border.
I like that idea where can I get that from?

Chris A

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 04:12:25 pm »

Davew

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2007, 04:31:30 pm »
Got it, mmm can't see any prices though.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2007, 04:48:56 pm »
Got it, mmm can't see any prices though.

In fact, Polymax is who i got mine from too.  I looked at the site too.  I'm sure they used to have the prices on there.  Anyway, it doesn't come cheap but i reckon it's the safest way.  Also, they seem very durable so will last many years - a lifetime even.  Going by memory, I think the black mats with yellow border were around £45 each.  I will come back to this to verify if you wish but my receipts are not readily to hand at the moment.  Even better, why not phone Polymax to ask them?  That way you will get a current price rather than one from November 2005.  I'm not saying they are the best or the cheapest.  It's just that I was going to be in their area and I wanted to collect in person.

poleman

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2007, 05:25:01 pm »
Hi poleman what was your claim for? :-\

As your local to me, your know the building I am talking about! seimens, sopers lane! (next to waterloo est) http://img238.i.us/img238/9003/photo0018sq7.jpg

Well they had a refit in there old building (built 40 years ago) and they ask us to clean the inside windows (not been done in 10 years  :o) they was black and the new silling was hit with the dirty mop on every ceiling tile by one of my employees  ::) and all the tiles had to be taken down but as I was insured it wasn't a problem, as it happens we are cleaning the out side windows at this very moment - your more than welcome to come down and see us at work  ;)

Andy

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2007, 08:40:09 pm »
Think I'll get some cones and look at the matt option then even though it'll proberly be me tripping over it  ;D
Sussex by the sea