This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kev TWC

Old quotation, should I do it for that price?
« on: February 26, 2007, 08:45:52 pm »
Received this from a customer through the post, a quote that my predecessors had given SOME time ago.....

What do you think.....

Hmmm not sure about carpet beating, i think its called hoovering now. :)

Kev

Tosh

Re: Old quotation, should I do it for that price?
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 09:05:55 pm »
I think that's class, and for anyone who knows how to use an old fashioned typewriter (like I'm sad enough to know); that's very well typed also. 

If it's your predecessor; then you come from a long line of extremely professional window cleaners.

Do you still do this account?

Kev TWC

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 09:26:51 pm »
hi tosh
dont know if they ever got the job but the manager sent it through the post to me
and thought it would be of some interest to me.
we all had a good laugh at it and told my lads i might just have them out beating
carpets yet , there has to be something in good old fashoned values still.
my old boss who i bought the company off did not give me any old paper work
or old quotations she had , may get back in contact with her to see if she has
anything left she is in her 80s now but you never know

kev

Bazzy1999

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 09:39:11 pm »
I take my father-in-law out with me 2 mornings a week and every place we go to he always bangs there front/back door mat on the wall to get the crap out of it and i keep telling him we are wc but he says hes got to do it coz thats the way he was brought up so now i just let him get on with it.
Theres one more thing that makes me laugh is if there is a mark on the glass he spits on a rag and gives it a good old rub (the glass that is) .... Oldies a..  ;D

Bazz...

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 11:38:52 pm »
I think that's class, and for anyone who knows how to use an old fashioned typewriter (like I'm sad enough to know); that's very well typed also. 

Tosh, if you think that's very well typed then you should only have had two stripes on your arm, not three!  ;D

"Turst" instead of trust, "ever" instead of every, "indemify" instead of indemnify.

Malc (G)old - Sergeant in the Word Police!
It's a game of three halves!

C-Thru.

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 12:05:45 am »
Interseting to see that even back in 1931 this guy had all his workforce covered with 3rd party insurance ect....... How many cowboys even today still dont have Public liability ect???
What a pro!
Did he see todays 'crazy'  compensation culture coming, some time before we did??
Guess he didn't cos if he had he would of given up grafting for a living and become a 'Lawyer'
or 'T*sser' as they are now known!