Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

steve k

photo day 3
« on: February 26, 2007, 05:34:35 pm »

first of many...front only

opposite

back of same

do this one back and front then onto the one you can see behind the road sign

back of house where I am parked

back of house by road sign

finished in 40 minutes...3 semis and 1 front only

round the corner to do 2 full semis and 3 front only

back of 2 semis that you can see

front of 2 houses opposite

finished here

round the corner to a long stretch of 10 fronts and 1 full semi

last 1 on this stretch

round the corner to another stretch of 8 fronts, 2 full semis and 5 bungalows

conservatories at back of last 2 bungalows

finished

total of 8 full semis, 22 fronts and 5 bungalows

brightnclean

Re: photo day 3
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 06:22:23 pm »
My wife said... LOOK YOU MISSED A BIT!!  Can she see some more from the inside looking out please?  ;D  ;D  :o

tonylee

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 07:41:02 pm »
top man!

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 07:44:33 pm »
Steve, has anyone questioned why you're taking photos of their house?

Might seem a bit dodgy to some people.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 07:51:48 pm »
Can you earn OK doing just fronts on quite a few jobs?
I tend to avoid houses where there is no back access especially now I'm on WFP.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 07:55:30 pm »
Trust Squeaks to look for the negative ::)....actually, I guess he's got a point! :o

Steve,

I see you often trail your hose across the road, have you ever had a problem with vehicles splitting of damaging the hose?

I've considered doing the same (Rather than moving the van) but always worry about potential damage to my hose :-\

More great pics by the way, I'm temped to have a pop at that myself!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

S Page

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2007, 07:57:06 pm »
bl**dy h3ll, your shoes must be on fire getting round that lot so fast.

How much water are you carrying in the van?

How long's your hose? - no sn****ring you lot......

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2007, 08:12:04 pm »
- no sblack personing you lot......
;D

john tomkins

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2007, 08:26:23 pm »
So many double top openers above single pain of glass, don't you just luv em :o

steve k

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2007, 08:48:31 pm »
sqeaky...the odd one or two who have asked about it have been told its for a photo diary I am doing...my customers know me and know I am genuine.

Shiner...I used to do all the houses you see for £6.00 front and back off ladders, climbing over garages and gates etc and it was a pretty boring and tiring couple of days... :P

I wrote to every customer telling them that I was now doing front only for £4.00 and the whole house for £8.00 if they were in to allow me free access to the back.
I gave each customer a reply slip to say:
FRONT ONLY...
WHOLE HOUSE AT NEW PRICE...
CANCEL...

I had 3 cancel and 90% took the front only at £4.00
This has made that run so much easier and more profitable in terms of time and earnings.

It is all WFP...no climbing and I do the whole run in a day and a half.

Ian, I have done this for 2 years now and have not had 1 problem from traffic on the hose.

S. Page...that is all within a few hundred yards and so much easier than doing it off ladders.

Top openers are not a problem whatsoever...IF you drop your brush head below the split when moving from top opener to top opener... ;)
If you put water in that split between the two openers...you will get runs...guaranteed.

The cleaner who did this before me charged £4.00 per whole house.
There are a team of cleaners on the estate who charge the same...£4.00 a house... ???
They are all retired and 99% pay on the day.

When I did this off ladders, I used to park up at the beginning and take 15 minutes to motivate myself...the most I ever managed in a day was 20 full semis at £6.00 a throw and I was shattered with all the climbing.... :P

john tomkins

« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2007, 09:58:48 pm »

Top openers are not a problem whatsoever...IF you drop your brush head below the split when moving from top opener to top opener... ;)
If you put water in that split between the two openers...you will get runs...guaranteed.

Agree there mate but it's when the water from the top window runs over the downstairs window thats also got the 2 openers :-\

steve k

« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2007, 10:26:05 pm »
I do as many tops as I can do on a run of hose before going back to first house and start on the bottoms. The tops are virtually dry by the time I get to the bottoms...certainly no dripping.

Pj

« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2007, 10:41:27 pm »
[quote author=steve k

Turn off the flow, and wipe with brush!  No more problems.

Great thread, Steve, but we can all learn.  I don't get runs from these top opener splits.

supernova77

« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2007, 12:06:16 am »
Steve,

Incase you didn't realise... You need some more diesel for tomorrow!

;)

Andy

steve k

« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 07:30:46 am »
Pj...I don`t have problem with the split...it doesn`t need to be cleaned. Someone else had the problem and I told them what I do.
Would be too time consuming to turn off and on throughout the day...but if you are happy, then great... ;D

Clear Vision

« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 09:12:34 am »
Steve,

First off, thanks for sharing your photos with us. some great pics there ;)

Secondly I would be very very concerned about lack of saftey measures you have in place! :o

You have your hose running 50m or more down a street and across  pavements. What about little kids running along? What about old people? Or what about anyone? You really should address that matter IMEDIATLEY!!!! (please)

You wouldn't have a leg to stand on if something happened!

I carry 4 traffic cones with me and 1 large unger metal folding sign, and a couple of double sided plastic caution signs.

I don't use them all at once but I ALWAYS have at least 1 or even 2 present on every job!

Don't take that the wrong way but please take at least some steps to ensuring everyones saftey.

P.S you have some nice jobs there ;)

Matthew
Clear Vision

steve k

« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2007, 12:19:35 pm »
well, the way I see it is that if the hose was bigger in diameter and low visibility and used in a high pedestrianised area then it would pose a HIGH risk.
As it is 1/2" hose in bright, highly visible blue and used in low traffic areas with minimum amount of hose laid across pavement...then I have minimised risks and it is now a LOW risk...the fact that not 1 person has considered it a hazard or had any mishap with the way I use the hose would also appear to justify the risk as LOW risk.

I understand why people are so safety concious these days but it has to be measured against what is practically feasible. In a domestic environment, I would argue that moving and carrying a warning sign every 2 minutes is impractical in a low risk area of work of short duration.

Thanks though ;)

Clear Vision

« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2007, 05:24:55 pm »
Oh well that's up to you how you run your business. You can never predict how many people could walk round a corner or when they will!

My friend is a policeman and told me that under NO circumstances are you allowed to run hose like that across a public/main road!!!

Yes you can, but you have to set up roadwork signs or any relevant safety related equipment that's necessary.

I wasn't annoyed with you but your last post really wound me up! >:(

Why should I go to the expense of purchasing warning signs for my business and take precautions to ensure a safe (as possible) working environment and you seem to think it's OK not to?

JM123

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2007, 05:34:11 pm »
I'm not trying to start one here but I lay my hose across the road all the time, cops drive over it every day ???

Better to have a sign or 2 out though, for your own peace of mind
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Paul Coleman

« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2007, 05:37:34 pm »
I'm not trying to start one here but I lay my hose across the road all the time, cops drive over it every day ???

Better to have a sign or 2 out though, for your own peace of mind

I sometimes lay my hose across the road too but I lay rubber matting on it.