This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Re: photo day 3
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2007, 05:40:27 pm »
Well maybe my friend (the policeman) has got it wrong? After all he is only 23 an new to the job!

Better put a couple of signs up anyway

JM123

« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2007, 05:42:10 pm »
definitely matthew, take no chances.  I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't put signs up but its a claim culture now.
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Clear Vision

« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2007, 05:47:28 pm »
definitely matthew, take no chances.  I'm not knocking anyone who doesn't put signs up but its a claim culture now.

I don't really mean to knock anyone who doesn't put up signs. I know it's coming across that way. I'm an awful man to speak then think.

Steve,

just ignore me.

steve k

« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2007, 06:11:58 pm »
clear vision...how can the way I assess the risks in MY work environment  wind you up... ???

If you want to put signs up and feel the risk justifies this...then great...where I work in these pictures and the method I employ of laying hose has been correctly assessed for possible risks and I have decided it is LOW risk.

It is me who is responsible for risk assessment and if I am called to task, I will explain the reasoning and point out that in 2 years of such practice, there has not been 1 incident compromising a persons safety.

You assess risks on your workplace and I assess risks on mine...we cannot possibly pass constructive comment on eachothers reasoning if we do not actually work in that place... ;)

JM123

« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2007, 06:17:14 pm »
steve is your hose the rubber blue hose?  If so I can do you a very special price on it (last forever though doesn't it)
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

cybersye

« Reply #25 on: February 27, 2007, 07:30:41 pm »
Steve, I aint trying to wind you up, do you wait til there is an accident before you change your risk assessment? like jm123 says "we live in a claim culture". I see abandoned traffic cones all over the place, grab yerself a couple n chuck em in the back of the van, better safe than sorry. I guess you got a 250 ltr tank in your van? does it last you all day? I ask because I've the same and sometimes I have to be a bit more organised with my round to make it last a full day.
Simon

steve k

« Reply #26 on: February 27, 2007, 08:20:33 pm »
we`ll have to agree to differ...I personally think a traffic cone on the pavement is more of a risk than 1/2" hose... ;D

« Reply #27 on: February 27, 2007, 08:51:34 pm »
I did wonder about it going across the road Steve, more from the point of it being damaged. I get irritated when someone drives over mine (mini bore) on a drive.Could it damage pump etc with back pressure?
Today's diary was less apirational than some of the others but still informative. It showed you in the light of say a football team that can still dig out a result when it has too.
You'd didn't finish your landline point in the other reply. Are you still getting a business line, or are you finding the mobile adequate?

cybersye

« Reply #28 on: February 27, 2007, 10:52:05 pm »
we`ll have to agree to differ...I personally think a traffic cone on the pavement is more of a risk than 1/2" hose... ;D

fair enough
I'll come find your hose while your working and trip over it
whats claims directs number? ;D

steve k

« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2007, 06:57:27 am »
curious...I have the business landline in now on divert to my mobile...it is for my yellow pages ad really which has gone in this year.
Every customer I presently clean have my home landline number.

yes...pretty boring run of work...but easy enough and pays.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #30 on: February 28, 2007, 07:22:52 am »
I did wonder about it going across the road Steve, more from the point of it being damaged. I get irritated when someone drives over mine (mini bore) on a drive.Could it damage pump etc with back pressure?
Today's diary was less apirational than some of the others but still informative. It showed you in the light of say a football team that can still dig out a result when it has too.
You'd didn't finish your landline point in the other reply. Are you still getting a business line, or are you finding the mobile adequate?

I had someone park on my hose recently on their driveway.  Completely stopped the flow.