This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

C-Thru.

Louvre Windows with WFP ???
« on: February 25, 2007, 09:58:09 pm »
Is it poss to clean louvre windows with WFP, do any of you guys do this, or does water go inside windows?
I have a commercial job with Louvre window's and just bout to change from trad to WFP, this is one job I'd love to be able to do as WFP, is it poss?
each slat of glass is aprox 6inch high with a 1/2 inch overlap at top of each slat.
any tips guys????

Many thanks

Goochie. Exeter.

Paul Coleman

Re: Louvre Windows with WFP ???
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 10:45:13 pm »
Is it poss to clean louvre windows with WFP, do any of you guys do this, or does water go inside windows?
I have a commercial job with Louvre window's and just bout to change from trad to WFP, this is one job I'd love to be able to do as WFP, is it poss?
each slat of glass is aprox 6inch high with a 1/2 inch overlap at top of each slat.
any tips guys????

Many thanks

Goochie. Exeter.

I do a very small section of louvre windows with WFP.  I warned the customer they might let in water.  I turn the flow down very low and brush gently .  Seems OK and no complaints.  Of course they need to be tightly shut.

EasyClean

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 12:51:39 am »
Run your brush quickly down the louvre windows dry (without any water coming through your brush head) just to make sure the lovres are fully closed before you start WFP cleaning them.
Try and stand a bit further back than normal so that the angle of your brush head is pointing at more of a downward angle so there is less chance of the water running between the louvres. Scrub the windows in a downward and sideward movement only from the top of the glass to the bottom only and repeat if really dirty. DON'T scrub the windows UP & down like normal otherwise you will be trying to push water through the louvres. Rinse from the top to the bottom in zig zag motion. You shouldn't have any problems if you do as I've suggested.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

Pat Purcell

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 01:32:18 am »
If you shut them completely won't the 1/2 in overlap be dirty on each louvre
Boston USA    >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>   Cork Ireland

Paul Coleman

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 06:46:46 am »
If you shut them completely won't the 1/2 in overlap be dirty on each louvre

Sure there is a small overlap.  Can't be helped though.  Sometimes things just aren't perfect.

Trademark WC

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2007, 12:34:30 pm »

I got a big job like this and its a pain, we wfp them and it does leave the overlap dirty and sometimes causes runs as the water gets between the gap then drips after.

We also have to do the insides which is also complicated as soon as you open the louvre the water just runs !! and they take ages to dry.

Best method I have found is have someone on the inside to shut all the windows then wfp them and then get the guy to open them a tad to let em dry and stop the drips!!

I hate this job its a real pain !!! even thought of breaking the windows and let em get new ones on my insurance !! ;D

Rob