This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Majestic

Hard to reach windows New
« on: February 24, 2007, 09:59:56 am »
I have been asked to post this picture for someone . They cant reach the windows in the roof  because of the overhang of the tiles ,and  the gooseneck they have they just cant get to the bottoms . Has anyone done this type of job and what size gooseneck did they use. He uses a Omnipole powerpole with standard gooseneck

marc al

Re: Hard to reach windows
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 10:02:07 am »
  I do some similar windows on one house, as they are on the front of the house I stand on my van roof to give me a straighter angle of attack - hope that helps!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 10:14:49 am »
I am pretty sure omni have an extended goose neck. But you need a brush that the angle can be freely changed so that the brush is at the correct angle even if the pole is not.
An adjustable cranked angle is also better in this situation than a fixed gooseneck as you need to go higher up and over and down.
Any chance of a close-up pic ?

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 04:17:40 pm »
It looks as though the windows are set down into the roof so the bottom of the window is level with the top of the wall.  There is no way you can see the bottoms from the ground, your eye would have to be level with the top of the wall too, so even if you had a long enough gooseneck you wouldn't know if you were cleaning the right bit, or if you were getting the muck off.

carl stanton

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:35:30 pm »
depening on the age of the building, looks fairly new, the windows should flip in, or rather their might be some clips at the edge and the window might tilt inwards, and do from inside, a bit of bother and if the customer will let you in lol! a thought

david wood

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:24:38 pm »
thanks for putting the photo on john.iam not going to stand on my van to reach lol ;D and the windows wont flip over at all .the first builders clean i just leaned out from inside to clean them but as theres people moveing in now i cant do that again

JM123

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 05:29:55 pm »
looks more like a design image as opposed to a picture
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

david wood

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 05:37:12 pm »
yes it will be i just got it of there web site i will take a camera and get a better photo next time iam there