This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

jeff1

A Strong Message for Williamsons Pumps
« on: February 24, 2007, 08:07:36 am »
Now I don't know if they are members or pay us a visit now and again, but I would just like make a suggestion to you.

I have seen a few posts were varistreams are being cooked, by one fault or another, ie, faults with split charge relays, but the main one being connecting the battery terminals to the wrong polarity.

Now its about time williamsons got there act together, we know there are a few of us on here, who don't take care first thing in the morning, when connecting our batteries or changing them,and we connect them the wrong way, but don't take the p**s out the guy's Williamsons.

Get your manufacturers to fit an onboard Diode, just incase your unsure what I mean let me explain, a Diode will allow voltage to travel in one direction only, and if one of the guy's connects his battery the wrong way, this little 10p Diode, will stop him blowing his varistream, and it will also save him the loss of a minimum days pay and another £75 for a replacement, and all for a little 10p .Diode

Come on Williamsons get your act together, your going to be left behind in the market if you don't.

From one member with a working Varistream, on behalf of other members who may not be so fortunate.

sair

Re: A Strong Message for Williamsons Pumps
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 08:21:03 am »
eco flow has one fitted

www.essentiallypure.co.uk

look under eco flow range
Essentially Pure Ltd

Roy Harding

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 08:21:37 am »
Hi Jeff

I had the first varisteam sold and it has never let me down and have had no problems of any kind.

However thats not to say others have not, I think your sugestion is a valid and it should be fool proof.

Williamson do come on the site and they do take on board people coments.

Roy

jeff1

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 08:27:29 am »
eco flow has one fitted

www.essentiallypure.co.uk

look under eco flow range
sair I know, Thats why I said they would be left behind in the market place.
Hi Jeff

I had the first varisteam sold and it has never let me down and have had no problems of any kind.

However thats not to say others have not, I think your sugestion is a valid and it should be fool proof.

Williamson do come on the site and they do take on board people coments.

Roy
Hi Roy
The only reason I posted this, is the system for 10p can be made fool proof, we all know some guy's don't take care first thing in the morning, but lets help them out, as I say for 10p we can, its not going to add a fortune to the cost.

Pj

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 08:31:40 am »
"Diode" Jeff.  ;D  Just to clarify. 

Good point though, I know at least one who did this, now won't use a varistream.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:33:40 am »

Good point though, I know at least one who did this, now won't use a varistream.
;D ;D see what I mean pj about mistakes first thing in the morning ;D ;D

So Williamsons have lost this guy's future sales.??

brightnclean

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 09:02:42 am »

Good point though, I know at least one who did this.

Make that 2 :(

You dont know me PJ but the same happened to me and like the honest citizen that I am I put it down to my own slackness (Or the night out with the boys) and duly wrote it off and got another one. In the process swearing off the booze.. until the next time  ::)

I am dissapointed to find that this could so easily have been prevented though. I jave no idea what a diode whatsit thingy is but if it costs so little and could have made it me proof I feel let down to be honest.  My new one also has a proper numpty on it which seems better because the old flush one was prone to sticking almost from the day I got it.

Nice post Jeff.  It explains a lot.  Doesnt make me feel any better though :( 

Pj

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 09:24:13 am »
And I've got the - prone to stick - one!

:(

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 09:42:47 am »
Indeed I have a new one and an old one they have definitely improved, although I never have probs with reversed polarity because its never taken out of the van its on a split charge relay

Chris

jeff1

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 09:44:41 am »
And I've got the - prone to stick - one!

:(
And this prone to sticking one can also be prevented, with a little more care from the manufacturers, FIT A BETTER SWITCH ::) or add a little graffite powder to it, switch cleaner/ Lubricant won't be affective for long.

this problem could also be cured by adding a 5p grub screw to the switch numpty, instead of glueing them on.

jeff1

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 09:46:30 am »
Indeed I have a new one and an old one they have definitely improved

Chris
I have the new one as well v2.5, I have Just checked and they have improved the switch, but they still haven't added the Diode.

john tomkins

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 09:47:12 am »
Is there anything that can be put "in line" cheaply to stop damage when connecting the wrong way?

jsm

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 10:15:58 am »
Is there anything that can be put "in line" cheaply to stop damage when connecting the wrong way?

yes a big sticker that says ....

the red wire go's to the +
and the black go's to the ---

;)

bet most of you hold your poles upside down - haha

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

jsm

« Reply #13 on: February 24, 2007, 10:17:39 am »

;)

the new numptys better tho

John Malone
JSM. Window & General Cleaning
(  North Wales  )
Giving homes a shine sicne 1989

one of the early gang of wfp er's ---- remember , when you cant see out - give JSM a shout

john tomkins

« Reply #14 on: February 24, 2007, 10:20:22 am »

;)

Apart from Mr Perfect ;D

DASERVICES

« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2007, 11:07:09 am »
I connected mine the "idoits proof way" ;D as I know I am one. Bought one of those connectors in local electric store where the connector only connects one way, stops you connecting live with negative. It was the first thing I thought when I built my own system.

The only problem I have with the Varistream is the numpty sticking.

jeff1

« Reply #16 on: February 24, 2007, 11:19:40 am »

You could put a  zener Diode in line with your cable,
I won't go into detail on diodes (unless anyone wants me to ::)) if you give me a couple of hours to get my Jobs done at home.
I will check maplins catalouge and give you the order No for the correct one. and the correct way to install it.

jeff1

« Reply #17 on: February 24, 2007, 11:21:06 am »
I connected mine the "idoits proof way" ;D as I know I am one. Bought one of those connectors in local electric store where the connector only connects one way, stops you connecting live with negative. It was the first thing I thought when I built my own system.

The only problem I have with the Varistream is the numpty sticking.
Do you disconnet your battery on a regular basis?? or do you have a split charge relay??

stuart howes

« Reply #18 on: February 24, 2007, 11:26:09 am »
i have got an inline fuse on my red wire so if i was to put the wrong way round   yes i have done it   it blows the fuse 5p not £75   plus i have put a cheap £2 switch in so i just switch my v stream off with the switch and do not have to touch my v stream   only to change the water flow which is not very often
stu

dai

« Reply #19 on: February 24, 2007, 11:28:48 am »
Jeff, have you talked to Martin at williams's?
He is the most helpful guy you could wish to meet. I am sure if you voiced your concerns to him, he would take your comments on board. The problem may never have occurred to them.
My dealings with williams's have left me impressed with their patience and courteous service. Dai