Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

cleanchoice

Hydramaster portable
« on: February 24, 2007, 07:46:52 am »
Hi everyone, I purchased the Hydramaster Raptor 230H in November and it has been excellent. I have noticed a massive step up in the quality of my cleans and a huge decrease in drying times. If anyone else is considering purchasing one of the new super portables then this one is well worth a look, I have not tried any of the others so I have nothing to compare it with.

Any questions please ask

Justin Williams

simonc

Re: Hydramaster portable
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 01:03:17 pm »
We have one of these as well as truckmount and agree that its a great machine   try their t/ms they are even better....Simon

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 01:16:14 pm »
I don't actually find much difference in portable, its all on the user.

(a better) 'quality of my cleans and a huge decrease in drying times'   unless your previous machine was a vax then I'd say you are working better to achieve this and its not entirely the machine

Mike
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

paul wright

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 01:53:28 pm »
would u not say a 100psi altec machine is not crap compared to say a 400psi  machine with a built in v2 heater ? and that it cleans as fast then ?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 04:01:02 pm »
makes no difference what machine it is, considering up till 6-7 years ago all that was made was machines similar to the altec , so did everyone do a crap job 6-7 years ago?

and big pumps don't make a carpet dry quicker its the vacuum and most are the same as 15 years ago 2x3stage Lambs.

forget the machine concentrate on wand technique & dry strokes ;)

Mike

Art

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 04:40:53 pm »
Mike, what's your opinion on the advantages of using glides with a porty?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 05:28:14 pm »
I use glides but the big advantage is they make the wand not stick to the carpet with the greater vacuum of a T/M. A portable doesn't have that problem so unless you weigh 8stone and only have the strength of a humming bird I can't see the point.

but I've got to admit I'm just surmising on this, as I have never tried them on a portable.

Mike

Art

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 05:36:19 pm »
Thanks Mike.

paul wright

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 07:29:45 am »
well each to thier own mike, but if i had to go back to a non heated 100 psi machine  id giv up cleaning tommorow, imo they are not good enough for proff cleaning

craigp

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 09:48:57 am »
i have a 100 psi twin vac alltec, the suctions great for a portable, but the weak pump means drawing the wand back slower and it requires more pass's than a bigger pump, all in all harder work for the operator.

i never buy a machine again with a 100psi, of course a powerscrubb ups the ablity, otherwise i go for 250psi as a min.

Craig

spickandspan

« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 12:35:00 pm »
You must be using a week chemical try another???     I have no problems with mine.
If at first you dont succed.......Dont try skydiving.

craigp

« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 01:38:36 pm »
have you used a portable with 300psi?

carpetguy

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 10:39:33 pm »
Craig

Some years ago, when we had only low powered pumps, we presprayed, set up the machines, then sprayed again with the wand, then extracted.

If you have a low powered machine, with decent vac' power, this makes a huge difference to the end result.

Getting 400 psi with a CFR was a revelation, this was nearly 10 years ago, surprised Alltec have'nt imported a powerfull American machine and just re labelled, others are doing very nicely, following this route.