Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

U.S. wfp USER

Waste water uses
« on: February 23, 2007, 10:02:48 pm »
Do any of you collect your waste water and use it for irrigation or other purposes?

Also do you just let the waste water run down your driveway or what?
Shawn Gavin
Reach Higher Ground

Re: Waste water uses
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 10:50:00 pm »
1) In the summer I think most of us save it for garden use etc.
2) There is a RO system that puts the waste water back into the system for re-filtering. Bet those filters clogg up quick
3) My money is on most waste water going back down the drain where the water companies should catch it and put it back into the system

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2007, 05:38:55 am »
As its under a slight pressure its a shame we cannot put a grey water header tank in the house and at least re-use it for flushing the toilet.

carl stanton

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 04:55:53 pm »
so how would you collect back the water used?

the guy thats cleans my weelie bin said that he has to have a system that collects the water so not on pavment, as is dirty n' probabbly full of germs, so he has the sytem on a trailer, so sits the bin in their and it drips down as it were!

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 05:13:25 pm »
I use it to soak and wash my dive gear... ;D ;D

dai

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:55:40 pm »
I use it to soak and wash my dive gear... Grin

Plyform, I wouldn't soak my regs in it. Better using your pure stuff for them, and your dive computor. I used to wash mine in as clean a water as I could get. Even dump valves can stick if not washed in clean water.
I have about £1500 worth of stuff that I should be selling. Don't dive now. Dai

pylofm

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 06:04:01 pm »
Hey Dai...my tech dive intructor has a bcd that he has never washed...he works on the basis that all the while it is wet all is fine ;D...As for regs...I run 7 first stages and assorted 2nd stages both normal and 02 clean (now high % of O2 will cause more damage to gear than anything else ...salt crystals are also major problems but I service my own gear except the tanks as I do not have ultra sound or a pressure pot....if I did I would do them do....people treat their gear some times far to much like egg shells.... ;) ;)

What gear do you have for sale?

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 06:07:11 pm »
As I'm on a meter if i could collect my waste in a tank how could i put it under pressure for my hosepipe to put on the lawn?
What sort of pump would i need, how much is it?

matt

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:21:58 pm »
As I'm on a meter if i could collect my waste in a tank how could i put it under pressure for my hosepipe to put on the lawn?
What sort of pump would i need, how much is it?

any sub pump, 20 quid ( ish )

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 08:32:01 pm »
Well some 4mm pipe low pressure, run up to a tank in the loft with an overflow that returns to drain. Then a supply pipe back down to the hose pipe or toliet etc ?

dai

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 08:44:37 pm »
What gear do you have for sale?
Plyform, email me at daihutton@aol.com.
Dai

dai

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 08:55:44 pm »
To get back on thread, I would think waste water would be better than tap water for watering plants. It has a higher concentrate of minerals on which plants should do very well. Dai

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 10:27:27 pm »
Well waste water would if the waste was originally be concentrated loverly Welsh water (shame about the rugby) or better still ampsie fells in Scotland, but if you have road traffic polution in your local borehole supply it wouldnt ?
 How many of you know where your water comes from
ps ask your water supply company