Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Clear Vision

Idea for collecting payment (residential)
« on: February 23, 2007, 08:04:34 pm »
Hi all  :)

A couple of months ago I sent out a letter to all my customers telling them that I would be round on a thursday night to collect any outstanding payments, & also said if they were out they could leave it in a pre arranged place (thier choice of place)

It's my fault, but I never really got round to asking them all where a suitable place was to leave payment if they happened to be out when I call.

The above method worked well for a while and all my customers would know I would be around on the thurs eve.

Recently a lot of people have been out and have forgotten to leave payment! A right pain in the backside!!

So that got me thinking..........

Instead of calling back in the eve, why not have a card ready made to drop in the door after claning the windows saying something like this,

"your windows have been cleaned today ..../....../......./
Please could you leave payment for me ................(describe a place............................................ and I will collect tomorrow between 12pm & 2pm.

Thank you"

Do you think that would work better?

Clear Vision

Clear Vision

Re: Idea for collecting payment (residential)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 08:06:04 pm »
oh I forgot to add.....

This would mean no more going out in the evenings :D :D

Usually when I clean a area i'm usually back around that way the next day.

Matt

jeff1

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 08:17:37 pm »
Matt
Had the same problems, but you can over time train them to leave it in the same place, just tell them to leave the money with your ticket, and when you collect the money you will repost the ticket, just to let them know you got your money.

If there not home and don't leave the money I put another ticket through saying some thing along the lines of.

Called this evening at ??:??pm, we are sorry to have missed you.
To enable us to keep up continuity, and keep our costs down, can you please forward a cheque for £??:?? made payable to (Company Name.)
Thank you in advance for your support and co-operation.

EasyClean

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 08:30:40 pm »
Matt

To enable us to keep up continuity, and keep our costs down, can you please forward a cheque for £??:?? made payable to (Company Name.)
Thank you in advance for your support and co-operation.

Thanks Jeff, I shall re-word my 'payment outstanding reminder' to include your sentence for the odd customer who forgets regularly to post a cheque on. (Basically, send a cheque in the post or you're dumped, but in a polite way).
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

pylofm

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 08:33:07 pm »
Why not try to have customers place the money directly into your bank account?, I use this method and it is just so easy...I have only been in this game for 6 months but have not yet once left my home to 'collect' and hope that I never have to...it just sounds so time consuming...life is just too short.

Cheers
Dave.

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 08:41:03 pm »
Why not try to have customers place the money directly into your bank account?, I use this method and it is just so easy...I have only been in this game for 6 months but have not yet once left my home to 'collect' and hope that I never have to...it just sounds so time consuming...life is just too short.

Cheers
Dave.
But it is nice when you come home on a friday night with £250 in your pocket plus what you made that day ;D, its like getting payed every day, and have a nice paypacket every friday night ;D

EasyClean

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 08:46:47 pm »

Cheers
Dave.

Do you just give your customers your account number and sorting code to pay the money in to your account? Also do you ask them to include their address when transfering funds into your account? Does the customers addresses show up on your bank statements? If I've got all my customer's cheque details would I be able to use that as a way of double checking who has actually paid me? 99% of my customers pay by SAE or BACS so it would simply be for the 1% who doesn't.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!

pylofm

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 08:57:40 pm »
After each clean I leave a card with the customer whether they are in or not this has my details on with my bank a/c number (all required details) the customer then has 14 days to pay....I have the odd late payer but they are the same ones most times so I know anyhow thats just 'them'.

As for a reference their postcode and house number is their/my reference, I have not yet had any problems...I check my account every couple of days and it has really turned out to be as simple as that...there is not reason to over complicate what we do....Internet banking and the ease of use really has made me happy not to go out and collect...I have about 6 customers that like to deal with cash but that is upto them....I prefer the money in the bank....it will help when I have to beg the banks for a mortgage in the future.

Hope this helps...most customers feedback has been great, most of them say they do not really want someone to call for payments.

Cheers
Dave.

Bonzer

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 09:42:43 pm »
Are there any security issues with making your bank details reasonably publicly available?

I would like to cut down on my collecting but giving out my details to all and sundry makes me a bit nervous.

simbag

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 10:01:59 pm »
Are there any security issues with making your bank details reasonably publicly available?

I would like to cut down on my collecting but giving out my details to all and sundry makes me a bit nervous.

Absolutely none. Here's mine Acc No: 03727513 Sort Code: 72-00-00

The only thing anyone can do with those details is pay money in. So if anyone is feeling loose with their cash, please feel free....  ;D

I have a business card which has all my relavant details on the back, I ask them to pay by cheque, then I say that if they have the facilties they can pay by bank transfer using the phone, internet, or at their branch. Make it sound as easy as possible. I'm the same as pylofm, I would much rather have the money go straight in, besides its  quicker than waiting for a cheque to come through the post, then have to pay it in.

Simon

Bonzer

« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2007, 10:51:25 pm »

Thanks Simon. I can hear the excitement of those Nigerian 419 scammers upon your posting your details!

pjulk

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2007, 11:36:07 pm »
I find best way to get your money is leave a SAE.

I used to go out collecting until about a year ago i went down the SAE route and wish i had done it earlier.

Have never been back since to collect anyone's money.

Paul

« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2007, 11:53:20 pm »

How about we all send £0.01 to this account to see if it works  ;D

simbag

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 09:50:33 am »

How about we all send £0.01 to this account to see if it works ;D

Is that all you can manage??!!  ;D ;D

ok cleaning

« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2007, 01:19:14 pm »
 best and easiest way is just drop a sae and stamp envelop for your customers to post you a check