Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Paul Coleman

Re: How Much
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2007, 09:38:02 pm »
i hope i am not the only one but the £1.oo per window sucks

Why do you say that?  It's not a hard and fast way of quoting - just a rule of thumb.  You think I should pitch it higher then?  I certainly won't be pitching any lower unless it's a very large job with "economy of scale" - and even then not necessarily so.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #21 on: February 23, 2007, 09:43:14 pm »
shinner

one window £1.00

100 windows £100

i dont think so

jerry

Paul Coleman

« Reply #22 on: February 23, 2007, 09:45:57 pm »
shinner

one window £1.00

100 windows £100

i dont think so

jerry

Too much?  Too little?
See "economy of scale".
It might help if you express yourself more clearly before Billy Goat Gruff eats you up.
Yep. I think you must be trolling.  I guessed around £110.  You stated £100.  Not so far apart really.  If you're going to pick a hole in my quote you must also pick a hole in your own as they are pretty close.

cherubs cleaning

« Reply #23 on: February 23, 2007, 10:00:21 pm »

shiner

the £1.00 per window does not work ,when you first pull up at a jop and you look at the windows you already no wat you want from the job before you have even counted the £1.00 windows

gary evans

« Reply #24 on: February 23, 2007, 10:23:55 pm »
I,ve seen prices from £60.00 to £70.00 then £100.00 upwards if the windows are bog standard approx 1m sq my price would be £60.00 to £70.00.

This would take a 2 man team 11/4 to 1 1/2 hours max.

If they are georgian or sash this increases upto twice the value.

We do all commercial & in our area the midlands i am about middle for prices.

Somebody mentioned contracts above i,ve spent most of jan priceing contracts, 5 days on site visits then righting up quotes, one quote was 300 to 400 pages including our paperwork this was done for all.

To go after this work you have to work hard on priceing, but theres always somebody who will do them cheaper, maybe one of my competitors has read my priceing & knows theyve undercut us, but i wish them all luck.

1 in brum 99 properties. staffs 30+ properties, staffs 15 + properties & 1 with 10 properties. So good luck who gets them they know who they are maybe theyd let us know how they get on.

But if relevant companies get the work thats ok, but i know of companies in my area who price knowing that they will clean less 50% on every visit, i recently priced up one job & less than 10% had been cleaned, but how do you compete with that.

Think i,m getting sad stuck behind desk or what.

Gary

Paul Coleman

« Reply #25 on: February 24, 2007, 06:55:05 am »

shiner

the £1.00 per window does not work ,when you first pull up at a jop and you look at the windows you already no wat you want from the job before you have even counted the £1.00 windows

If you re-read my post you will see that I have used the terms "rule of thimb" and "economy of scale".  Sometimes £1 a window (with a minimum charge) works well, sometimes it doesn't.  However, whatever way you slice it, there was only £10 difference in our two guesstimates.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #26 on: February 24, 2007, 07:18:39 am »
We did two quotes recently, first for a Morrisons store, front windows inside and out £60, I was undercut by £35 !!

Second, factory with one end of the building totally glass on two floors, over 150 large panes around the rest of the building there were 52 single pane windows on ground and first floors.  I quoted £200, they are currently getting it done for.........................wait for it.........................£28.00 !!!!!!!!!!  Honestly, and the only reason they asked me to quote was were because they aren't happy with the current cleaners, but they thought our prices would be about the same, err, NO!!

Both jobs are being done by a large window cleaning company from Newcastle who run 30+ vans, how do they make any money at it?

Londoner

« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 09:37:48 am »
Nobody seems to have picked up the significance of the fact that the original post was concerning a quote made on a Nursing Home.

Nursing Homes are the worst possible customers to quote for. They charge a fortune but are fully intent on keeping it. You will never get a good price for cleaning a Nursing home. Just hope you never end up in some of them.

They just want a splash and dash outfit who pay their blokes cash in hand. If you are legit and do a good job you don't stand a chance.

We are going to see more threads like this in the future. thats my prediction for 2007

macmac

« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 09:44:45 am »

Both jobs are being done by a large window cleaning company from Newcastle who run 30+ vans, how do they make any money at it?

i,ve seen companies like this operate, they will spend about 10 mins cleaning it then off. for 28 quid who,s going to complain?? so you see their logik now, 28 quid for 10 mins work. it's wrong i know but this is how it works i'm afraid. >:(

tony

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 09:55:08 am »
I posted a thread a couple of months ago about an outfit I saw working on an office block. Totally unprofessional in every way but they still get the work.

I repeat what I said before, we are going to hear more stories like this.