This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

paule

starting up on my own
« on: February 23, 2007, 12:34:41 pm »
hi everyone ive been cleaning windows for about 4 years now .i have been running a round for my boss on my own i live in bradford west yorkshire and he only charges£3.50 per house for a 3 bed semi i know this is far too cheap so have decided to start on my own how much do u think i should charge for 350 we only do the glass .when i start on my own i want to do the frames as well as to make a better job any help would be great i will be using ladders

chrismroberts

Re: starting up on my own
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 01:14:21 pm »
I guess pricing might be different around there, but I wouldn't want to charge any less than £10 for that kind of house.

I havent been going very long, but have built up a great rapport with my customers, and I think that if you're reliable and you make sure the frames and sills are clean too then people won't mind paying good money  :)

Chris

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 03:23:58 pm »
Paule,

Do you know what other window cleaners charge in your area?  You could safely go in at least 1.50 more than the average; I reckon.

Also, why not try canvassing some of the more rural and plusher accounts?

ac_cleaning

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 03:46:42 pm »
Find out what other window cleaners in the area charge and take it from there.Check to see if they do the window sills and frames as well and adjust your price accordingly.We always do sills and frames.
al

captain lard

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 06:14:42 pm »
Do not underprice - it will haunt you.

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 07:39:41 pm »
Paule. In your present employment, how many houses are you expected to do?

And how does he collect the money, £3.50 is not much to call back for.

paule

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 03:03:02 pm »
i have to do 30 a day and if i get my head down i can do it in just over 6 hours then if out i have to call back

rs_cleancare

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 03:07:25 pm »
Wow thats 5 per hour!

paule

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 05:18:35 pm »
yea normally 5 per hour and then i have to go round and collect all the outs

dai

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 05:38:54 pm »
Paule. I thought my prices were cheap. I was charging £3.50 14 years ago. Even small 2 bed semi's will pay a fiver. I work in Conwy. One of the lowest per capita incomes in the country. I'd be pushed to do 30 a day though,even with WFP and a very compact round. Dai

Biscute

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 05:44:12 pm »
Paule 3.50 isnt that bad mate up north, starting out on your own can and in most cases is hard and strating out and charging more exspencive is gona be even more harder. but i supose if you do a good job up will get recomendations. Good luck with it m8 let us know how it goes.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Llaaww

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 08:39:57 pm »
go for it mate.  ;)
if it is dirty it is fair game