Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

DavidX

minimum price would you charge your customer?
« on: February 23, 2007, 11:22:33 am »
Hi eveyone

I just wonder what the minimum price would you charge your customer?

Now I finding myself droping work for less than £15.

I found some more work doing town house, bigger houses and so on now I been wfp for a while now.

Now my minimum price is £25 no less.

I would like to start aiming 12 houses a day and charge £25 each houses. :P

simon knight

Re: minimum price would you charge your customer?
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 12:12:33 pm »

I do the front of an old ladies house. 2 windows up and 2 down. It takes around 5 minutes and I charge her £4 which is the equivalent of £48 ph. Would do those all day long if given half a chance.

pjulk

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 02:21:50 pm »
I was charging about £1 a window but lately i have been charging about £1.25 a window but round it off to the nearest pound as i don't really need the work and i have found that most people will accept this.

Paul

lee_dewing

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2007, 11:17:59 am »
I gonna canvass in spring and will be after minimum charge £10 i've been wfp 5 months still have unsuitable work small fronts.

If anyone thinks £10 too dear for a small front i will suggest i clean everyother time.
If work is in a road i already do i charge £6 for front.
Lee (£25 min; want to swap rounds ;D)
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

Biscute

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2007, 01:02:53 pm »
This is a bit of a nil void question in my opinion, if i charged 15 for a house in liverpool unless very big or owned by some crazy foo i would be laughted at i think ther is a massive diffrence between pricing in diffrent areas.
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

pylofm

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 05:26:32 pm »
My minumum price for anything is 12 euros (about 8.33 in sterling)...this price is normally for a tops or very small houses....with very easy access.

Trouble is that you always are fighting the pricing of the previous window cleaners went to a detatched house today and quoted her 25 euros and the previous (who passed away) charged 12....she nearly died....and oooohed and arrred...sucked her lip and said no-way.....

Something is only worth what the customers is willing to pay... ;D ;D

Biscute

« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2007, 09:04:07 am »
whats the window cleaning bizz like ther? would it be hard to start up ther if you didnt speek english?
Dont argue with a retard, they will just pull you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Londoner

« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2007, 09:24:18 am »
Its not how much you make per house its how much you make per hour. Don't get drawn into minimum prices but look to the bigger picture.  Its better to do a whole row of terraced houses front only for £5 each than to drive miles to do a stand alone for £15

Dean Aspects

« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2007, 09:39:43 am »
Its not how much you make per house its how much you make per hour. Don't get drawn into minimum prices but look to the bigger picture.  Its better to do a whole row of terraced houses front only for £5 each than to drive miles to do a stand alone for £15
this has been my thinking for many years now
some window cleaners will not clean smaller properties for some kind of snobbery reason if you charge the so called smaller properties the right amount then the same money can be earned as a large property
i dont have a minimum as such but tend to start at £5 and i earn between £30 an hour on my own and upto £50 an hour with 2 men
its all money at the end of the day ;)
however if you can get all large properties go for it

pylofm

Re: minimum price would you charge your customer? New
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2007, 09:52:36 am »
Biscute...around major cities there are major companies that 'run' the window cleaning, very much like the UK, in Rotterdam, Amsterdam is can get very competitive the average round seems to change hands between 4 & 10 times the monthly worth...

....as for not being able to speak Dutch...I am lucky my other half is Dutch and she does all the quotes via phone and in person so that makes a big difference.  I speak a little Dutch and people in general find this pleasing as the Dutch are not used to people trying to speak their language...they seem to warm to my efforts and show great patience when I speak their language....but as with most Europeans are very happy to show how well they speak English...too much sometimes that I ask them to speak to me as much as they can in Dutch  ;D...The English and the Dutch seem to share some very strong bonds, the area where I live has very strong links with the 2nd World War and as such it is not such a bad thing to be English and a ex-sqaddie...great to talk with the 'old boys'.

As for WFP I am the only domestic w/c that uses it in the 4 distinct areas I operate (that I have come across), there are of course the major commmercial players that use WFP.

But in answer to your original question, I should imagine the w/c scene here is very much like in the UK....howeverthe Dutch do like to save money where they can and I get very many requests to do just tops...I try to get around this at the quote when they ask the price for tops which for a small house would be 12 euros...They normally then ask for a price for the whole house and when they get a quote for say 16 or 17.....plus I now aim for 8 weekly cleans verses 4...I have found far to much 'playing' occurs with the 4 weekly's, very little with the 8 weekers...

All in all, speaking a little Dutch goes a long way but being English helps a lot !

Plus I get to watch BBC without paying for a licence !!!