This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

lee_dewing

Rain guarantee
« on: February 22, 2007, 03:41:52 pm »
hi anyone got anything in writing about the rain guarantee policy.
I am wfp and have been trying to put something together in writing for customers did a post called financial sucide?

was debating about giving everyone a letter on my round about working in rain still fine tuning it would like to put some type of guarantee in letter was wondering how to word it?

Anyone?
thanks lee
Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.     - Aristotle

pylofm

Re: Rain guarantee
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2007, 04:09:49 pm »
All our customers are told at the quote and in addition to this in writing via our terms & conditions that we do clean in the rain....we also advise them that in the event that they are not happy they are welcome to call us within 24 hours and we will attend and try to rectify an offending window.

Have not as yet had to honour this ....

Cheers
Dave.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2007, 10:20:15 pm »
All our customers are told at the quote and in addition to this in writing via our terms & conditions that we do clean in the rain....we also advise them that in the event that they are not happy they are welcome to call us within 24 hours and we will attend and try to rectify an offending window.

Cheers
Dave.

Ditto

Absolutely the same for me

for pete's sake "KISS"  Keep it simple stupid

Chris

gaza

« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2007, 12:01:16 am »
Cleaned loads in the rain they get the final rince for free ;D
no complaints yet .

gaza
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

captain lard

« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2007, 12:48:16 am »
When you say you clean in rain do you mean light rain / drizzle with no wind or do you mean you clean even in really heavy rain and even if its hitting the glass?

Just wondering because when it rains I tend not to go out but it gets you behind and loses you money. If it isnt too heavy and not windy I have cleaned but always feel a bit awkward.

craig jwc

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2007, 01:14:59 am »

Cheers
Dave.

Ditto

Absolutely the same for me

for pete's sake "KISS"  Keep it simple stupid

Chris

Same as

Craig

Ian Rochester

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2007, 04:34:00 am »
I drafted up a leaflet that we gave to all our existing customers as well as all our new customers explaining about how WFP works, the advantages, disadavantages, etc. 

Within the letter it says that we clean in all weather conditions, in reality we clean if it is drizzling, but not if it's a  full downpour, but that's mainly because we don't like getting drenched oursleves!!!

Had a few moaners come out and make comments, told them to let  them dry and if they have a problem to give us a ring, and yes, we have lost the odd one, but they tend to be the ones who are more trouble than they are worth and they'll need their windows cleaned before I'll need their money!!!

lee_dewing

« Reply #7 on: February 23, 2007, 09:29:35 am »
thanks all
capt lard I workin same conditions as yourself; but want to be a bit braver now and work in all but the heaviest downpours.
Tell all new customers i'm out in all weathers but realisticly would not work in heavy downpours or wind and rain but as just been said keep it simple stupid.

Just feel i should offer customer some guarantee and not feel I'm giving a like it or lump it attitude, it's a fine line i suppose i want to be fair but i don't want people seeing me as weak.
thanks all
Lee (the mouse that roared!)

Helen

« Reply #8 on: February 23, 2007, 12:40:46 pm »
In T & C's we state that we work in all weathers and all year round. We also put lineage if there should ever be an issue of any sort, please let us know and we will investigate as soon as we are able, that covers any sort of weather and conditions.

petetaylor56

« Reply #9 on: February 23, 2007, 12:42:21 pm »
 :)tell all my customers we are all weather window cleaners not fair weather ;D
today i be mostly wfp

lee_dewing

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 11:06:56 am »
nicely put pete

Ian Lancaster

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 04:03:43 pm »
I have "working on the rain" policy in my T & C's on the back of my quotations, but I reinforce that by having a "Cleaning Windows in the Rain" leaflet which explains that I have to do it to earn my living and guarantees that I'll come round and do it again if there's a problem.  If it's raining I put this leaflet through the door before I start cleaning, that way they know before they open the door to complain ;)

Helps alleviate that "awkward" feelong too :)

macmac

« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 06:15:58 pm »
personaly i dont work in the rain & would never dream of giving a guarantee, as to honour it would leave me worse off than if i'd just stayed at home.

tony

EasyClean

« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 12:10:52 am »
So long as it's not raining heavy or light rain but strong winds (except commercial) I'll clean windows. That way I don't leave myself open to complaints about dirtied windows from the excessive rain hitting the glass in strong winds, don't lose customers and don't have to go and reclean a property. I realise that in these conditions I am not earning a wage but I make up for it on the other days after having a nice relaxing day or two off from work so it all balances out in the end.
Losing a customer is like waiting for the next bus, another one will come along shortly!