This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Work pouring in!
« on: February 19, 2007, 11:17:47 pm »
Started cleaning last week for the first time ever no leafleting,no advertising just a bit of door knocking and it's starting to snowball, I'm seriously going to have to make the jump from my well paid mundane job to window cleaning much much sooner than expected! The problem is the missus knows just about everyone around here and has no problem finding customers. :)

macmac

Re: Work pouring in!
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2007, 11:59:14 pm »
well done matey, well pleased for you. ;)

tony

007 or what

« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2007, 09:16:40 am »
The problem is the missus knows just about everyone around here and has no problem finding customers.  eh!!!!!!!!!!!

Davew

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2007, 11:00:32 pm »
Too much work too quick I can't do two full time jobs at once.

julianbiggs

« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2007, 11:05:53 pm »
I made the leap of faith a couple of years back after 25 years in retail amangement...best thing i ever did....be polite, professional, honest and on time and you will only gain customers. FACT.

Davew

« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2007, 08:44:55 pm »
Been going for three weeks now and now have fifty customers, mostly first clean filthy houses so I am taking far too long over every house (going round twice every time) to make good money. Once I get up to speed and get more customers I can start my new career. It's been an emotional rollercoaster but the minute the sun comes out it makes up for everything. God it's going to be hot work when the summer comes I reckon I'll be showering with pure water every half hour!

Bazzy1999

« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2007, 08:49:48 pm »
Davew..... Im glad its going good for you.. ;D

Bazz...

dai

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2007, 08:53:06 pm »
Good on you mate. the only prolem is, the people you have known for years are often the worst when it comes to paying. Dai

Davew

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2007, 08:54:33 pm »
Cheers Baz, got everything set up very similar to you, funny how people stop and stare  usually with a grin-must be something rare around here I suppose. Never thought the simple art of windowcleaning could give so much job satisfaction either.

Davew

« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 08:59:00 pm »
Dai, I don't like doing people I know very well 'cos you feel they are only using you to help you out. I would rather do others then I can handle any complaints easier and perfect my technique if needed. I don't feel comfortable doing close neighbours either.

Bazzy1999

« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2007, 09:14:55 pm »
I know what you mean about cleaning the neighbours windows i do some around me and i dont feel to Comfortable about it.
It feels like they are doing me a favour thinking that im in a low paid job as most around here are office type workers earning good money but the funny thing is i seem to get some of my neighbours bank statments through the post (crap post around here) and i can see what some of them earn.
Now whos in a low payed job.. ;D

Bazz...

ac_cleaning

« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 09:56:17 pm »
well done hope it keeps up for you