This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

tonylee

does resin go off
« on: February 18, 2007, 09:36:30 am »
morning all,
have been wfp for 5 months and have not changed my r.o. filters yet. i change the resin cartrigde every 3 weeks when the reading goes from 000 to 001.(the reading before the resin filter is 012)
i have changed the resin this weekend and can not get the reading beloww 002. i know that i can work with it at this level but would still like it to be 000. the only thing i can think is that the bag of resin is open.
would that have an effect. does it go off.
any ideas.
thanks
tony

Chris Cottrell

Re: does resin go off
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2007, 10:33:55 am »
I stand to be corrected but I think if the bag is open top the air the resin will dry out .. it should remain moist

As I understand it anyway
Chris

Paul Coleman

« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2007, 12:08:38 pm »
morning all,
have been wfp for 5 months and have not changed my r.o. filters yet. i change the resin cartrigde every 3 weeks when the reading goes from 000 to 001.(the reading before the resin filter is 012)
i have changed the resin this weekend and can not get the reading beloww 002. i know that i can work with it at this level but would still like it to be 000. the only thing i can think is that the bag of resin is open.
would that have an effect. does it go off.
any ideas.
thanks
tony

I do believe it should be kept airtight.
Perhaps all is not lost though.  As it is still bringing the TDS down quite a lot, maybe you could buy a fresh bag of resin and put some from each bag into the cartridge so that you don't waste your existing resin.  It would probably mean changing the resin a little more often until the first bag is finished.
I don't know of any reason not to mix them in the cartridge but someone else on here might as my knowledge is far from extensive.

Chris Cottrell

« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2007, 01:31:18 pm »
Also do you really need to buy so much you can get it in 1l, 5l, 10l amounts, I buy 5l at a time that lasts me 8/9 months

Chris

tonylee

« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2007, 03:19:47 pm »
thanks guys