Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Davew

Getting a big erection?
« on: February 17, 2007, 08:26:53 am »
Looking on the tucker pole site they reccommend laying their longer poles on the ground with the handle up against the base of the building then starting at the brush end walking the pole up as you would a ladder. Obviously this can't often be done due to lack of space. So what is the easiest way to safely get "cough" a large erection up. I don't fancy sliding the brush head up the wall if it can be avoided. I also find most of the effort when extending my shorter poles comes from dragging and snagging the pipe through the base ring.

Re: Getting a big erection?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2007, 11:36:23 am »
i shimmy mine up against the wall but with the brush head turned round.i know you can get small wheels to fit to the pole so you can wheel it up so to say

Ian_Giles

« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2007, 11:43:58 am »
I've just this last couple of days gone over to the modular carbon fibre pole supplied by Gardiners (and holy cow is that baby light!!)
But prior to that I've been using the Unger telepole, I would extend it along the ground first, hoiking it up after a while before continuing to extend it against the side of the building, usually reversed so the the bristles are facing out.

With the Superlight pole I can put it together on the ground and virtually lift it up one handed its that light ;)
After I've used it for a few days I'm gonna look forward to reviewing it on here ;D, initial impression is WOW!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2007, 01:56:31 pm »
You tell them Ian, I am getting a bit fed up trying to explain it.( Fishing pole Lightness)
But hey you can take a horse to water but you cannot make it drink.

Davew

« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2007, 04:23:12 pm »
Thanks thats pretty much how i've been doing it but even with only 24' to play with it's still a handfull. Are these superlight poles strong enough to reach over conseratories at twenty odd feet or don't they take that kind of abuse?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2007, 04:44:54 pm »
You can hold them sideways at 35ft and easily clean with them.

Davew

« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2007, 05:13:28 pm »
Alex due to varying pole length descriptions (from the hip/actual length/size of taper etc) what superlight combination will reach your average four story. Can my existing gooseneck on my extenders be used?

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2007, 05:35:33 pm »
The SL-35 should reach an average four storey building's windows. The actual maximum working height of this pole is about 40ft.

With Super-Lite poles (and similar poles) you generally can use a pole that is about 4ft shorter than you would usually need due to its ease of use.

If you have a G-fit gooseneck then we can make an adapter for it to be used on a Super-Lite, however I would recommend the standard Super-Lite gooseneck that comes with the pole, again due to its ease of use

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2007, 10:21:17 pm »
I've just this last couple of days gone over to the modular carbon fibre pole supplied by Gardiners (and holy cow is that baby light!!)
But prior to that I've been using the Unger telepole, I would extend it along the ground first, hoiking it up after a while before continuing to extend it against the side of the building, usually reversed so the the bristles are facing out.

With the Superlight pole I can put it together on the ground and virtually lift it up one handed its that light ;)
After I've used it for a few days I'm gonna look forward to reviewing it on here ;D, initial impression is WOW!

Ian

Coincidence Ian - I've just got a 12ft streamline (3 x 4ft) for residential and have ordered a "fishing pole" set up for 3/4 floor and over conservatories - so it's bye bye unger teleplus from me too. So much lighter. Oh and a new on/off valve on a belt system too. And I must get round to e-mailing  Gaz for a swivel joint. Let you all know how it goes.
It's a game of three halves!

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2007, 06:08:21 am »
" you generally can use a pole that is about 4ft shorter than you would usually need due to its ease of use."

I am sure that its better to use the full length size of any pole you need including fishing poles. Over reaching with any pole is not good and seems to affect my RSI. I find that I need to kep my lower arm about or below waist height and my upper arm as low as possible. Also stand further back, which is easy with the Fishing poles.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2007, 07:50:12 am »
You can hold them sideways at 35ft and easily clean with them.

Alex.  Is this the pole where you will be bringing out a telescopic version or was that another pole?  I just don't fancy modular (or external hose).

Londoner

« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2007, 08:39:28 am »
Im in the market for two new poles. Its only down to lazyness that I haven't got round  to doing anything about it. How much are we talking about? I need one 15-18ft and one about 27ft

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2007, 08:51:19 am »
Click on the link below. A pole up to 27ft would cost you £70 each

Davew

« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2007, 09:09:06 am »
Jeff, loads of information there (too much for my small brain) at the end of it all are you supplying a finished poroduct?

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2007, 10:37:47 am »
Well I am no longer a "supplier", as its cheaper to do your own, all you need is a hacksaw. But if you are really stuck I will put one together. My emailaddy is at the bottom of reply 3.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #15 on: February 18, 2007, 11:03:57 am »
Hi The Shiner,

We currently have not developed a telescopic version, we have made a couple of prototypes and intend on making more, but it will be some time before we will be 'there' on that project.

Modular poles and external hose definitely sound like the 'poor' relative in any pole comparison, until you work with them day after day on commercial work and you realise that you are working faster, safer and with a 1/3rd of the effort.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #16 on: February 18, 2007, 11:26:15 am »
Alex and all,
Quote " Modular poles and external hose definitely sound like the 'poor' relative in any pole comparison, until you work with them day after day on commercial work"

With a soft flexible silicon/pvc 1/" supply hose, I cannot see why many are reluctant to go outside the pole supply most of the Holland guys- well its the only way for them, according to Ionics.

The one simple ability to remove the brush head and use in the hand or swap onto any other 3ft upwards pole is a main consideration that saves time and money and with that ability any telescopic or now modular with the ability to add/remove any number of sections to go higher is key in my mind. It may not be for you but maybe try it,with a soft hose, a couple of twists, wraps and holds  the hose in place.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #17 on: February 18, 2007, 03:22:46 pm »
Getting over a conservatory roof is childs play, no resting on the gutters for support, no straining when you have to lean the pole sideways when fully extended.

The superlight brush on first use appears to be very good indeed, amazingly light and very effective.

It's my first "brush" (pun intended) with needle jets too, so far it has been fan jets all the way and I have to say that I am impressed with the needle jets, it also appears I can reduce my flowrate and save water...I think, but will need more time to assess that aspect.
Nowt wrong with fan jets I might add, I think it really comes down to your own personal preference, but you do need the fan jets set up properly for maximum efectiveness.

An external pole hose gives you far more flexibility than through the pole, regardless of the pole you use, telescopic or modular, it allows you to use only the pole sections you need for whatever height you happen to be working at.

You can either twirl the pole when extended to wrap the hose around the pole, or do as Alex does and use a couple of strips of velcro to hold the hose close to the pole, and as Jeff says, it also allows you to swap brushes or goosenecks and to interchange between different poles.

You do have to be careful with the carbon fibre modular ones though, because as rigid as they are in use, the walls of the poles are incredibly thin and can be damaged or crushed if you don't take care.
End stops or bump stops are a must, withthe Gardiner poles these are part of the package, can't comment on the Brodex one I'm afraid :-\
The sections are not to long either, so even for a shortarse like me it is a simple matter to assemble and dismantle while the pole is up in the air, though if you have the room, it is so light that lying it flat and doing it on the floor is also quick and easy too.

Can't wait to get to work tomorrow and test it out some more!

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

Paul Coleman

« Reply #18 on: February 18, 2007, 03:33:49 pm »
Hi The Shiner,

We currently have not developed a telescopic version, we have made a couple of prototypes and intend on making more, but it will be some time before we will be 'there' on that project.

Modular poles and external hose definitely sound like the 'poor' relative in any pole comparison, until you work with them day after day on commercial work and you realise that you are working faster, safer and with a 1/3rd of the effort.

Thank you for the reply Alex.  I will be keeping an eye out for the telescopic when the time comes.
If I had a fair bit of commercial work with long runs of windows I would certainly consider modular + external hose.  As it is, my work is currently 90% domestic and there are just too many jobs where I need to alter the pole length frequently so I feel that telescopic is probably better for this.  I do intend to build on my commercial work so if I get a decent amount of the right sort of work I may end up looking for modular.
Like you though, I am still some way from being "there" on my project too.   :)